Sustainable Energy Portfolios for Small Island States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ioannis Kougias & Nicolaos Theodossiou, 2013. "Multiobjective Pump Scheduling Optimization Using Harmony Search Algorithm (HSA) and Polyphonic HSA," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 27(5), pages 1249-1261, March.
- Monforti, F. & Huld, T. & Bódis, K. & Vitali, L. & D'Isidoro, M. & Lacal-Arántegui, R., 2014. "Assessing complementarity of wind and solar resources for energy production in Italy. A Monte Carlo approach," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 576-586.
- Bekele, Getachew & Tadesse, Getnet, 2012. "Feasibility study of small Hydro/PV/Wind hybrid system for off-grid rural electrification in Ethiopia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 5-15.
- Nfah, E.M. & Ngundam, J.M., 2009. "Feasibility of pico-hydro and photovoltaic hybrid power systems for remote villages in Cameroon," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1445-1450.
- Salcedo-Sanz, S. & Pastor-Sánchez, A. & Del Ser, J. & Prieto, L. & Geem, Z.W., 2015. "A Coral Reefs Optimization algorithm with Harmony Search operators for accurate wind speed prediction," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 93-101.
- Szabó, Sándor & Jäger-Waldau, Arnulf, 2008. "More competition: Threat or chance for financing renewable electricity?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1436-1447, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dhunny, A.Z. & Allam, Z. & Lobine, D. & Lollchund, M.R., 2019. "Sustainable renewable energy planning and wind farming optimization from a biodiversity perspective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(C), pages 1282-1297.
- Alfredo Ramírez Díaz & Francisco J. Ramos-Real & Gustavo A. Marrero & Yannick Perez, 2015.
"Impact of Electric Vehicles as Distributed Energy Storage in Isolated Systems: The Case of Tenerife,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(11), pages 1-27, November.
- Alfredo Ramírez-Díaz & Francisco Ramos-Real & Gustavo Marrero & Yannick Perez, 2015. "Impact of Electric Vehicles as Distributed Energy Storage in Isolated Systems: The Case of Tenerife," Post-Print hal-01424460, HAL.
- Thomas Patsialis & Ioannis Kougias & Nerantzis Kazakis & Nicolaos Theodossiou & Peter Droege, 2016. "Supporting Renewables’ Penetration in Remote Areas through the Transformation of Non-Powered Dams," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-14, December.
- Mendoza-Vizcaino, Javier & Raza, Muhammad & Sumper, Andreas & Díaz-González, Francisco & Galceran-Arellano, Samuel, 2019. "Integral approach to energy planning and electric grid assessment in a renewable energy technology integration for a 50/50 target applied to a small island," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 524-543.
- Kougias, Ioannis & Szabó, Sándor & Nikitas, Alexandros & Theodossiou, Nicolaos, 2019. "Sustainable energy modelling of non-interconnected Mediterranean islands," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 930-940.
More about this item
Keywordsrenewable energy; sustainable development; solar; PV; battery; fossil fuels; optimization; harmony search algorithm; island energy portfolio;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:7:y:2015:i:9:p:12340-12358:d:55501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.