A linear programming approach for battery degradation analysis and optimization in offgrid power systems with solar energy integration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sen, Rohit & Bhattacharyya, Subhes C., 2014. "Off-grid electricity generation with renewable energy technologies in India: An application of HOMER," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 388-398.
- Ratnam, Elizabeth L. & Weller, Steven R. & Kellett, Christopher M., 2015. "An optimization-based approach to scheduling residential battery storage with solar PV: Assessing customer benefit," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 123-134.
- Cosentino, Valentina & Favuzza, Salvatore & Graditi, Giorgio & Ippolito, Mariano Giuseppe & Massaro, Fabio & Riva Sanseverino, Eleonora & Zizzo, Gaetano, 2012. "Smart renewable generation for an islanded system. Technical and economic issues of future scenarios," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 196-204.
- Torres, David & Crichigno, Jorge & Padilla, Gregg & Rivera, Ruben, 2014. "Scheduling coupled photovoltaic, battery and conventional energy sources to maximize profit using linear programming," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 284-290.
- Ippolito, M.G. & Di Silvestre, M.L. & Riva Sanseverino, E. & Zizzo, G. & Graditi, G., 2014. "Multi-objective optimized management of electrical energy storage systems in an islanded network with renewable energy sources under different design scenarios," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 648-662.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:9:y:2015:i:1:p:12:d:61318 is not listed on IDEAS
- Crossland, Andrew F. & Anuta, Oghenetejiri H. & Wade, Neal S., 2015. "A socio-technical approach to increasing the battery lifetime of off-grid photovoltaic systems applied to a case study in Rwanda," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 30-40.
- Bekele, Getachew & Tadesse, Getnet, 2012. "Feasibility study of small Hydro/PV/Wind hybrid system for off-grid rural electrification in Ethiopia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 5-15.
- Pfeiffer, Birte & Mulder, Peter, 2013.
"Explaining the diffusion of renewable energy technology in developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 285-296.
- Pohl, Birte & Mulder, Peter, 2013. "Explaining the Diffusion of Renewable Energy Technology in Developing Countries," GIGA Working Papers 217, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Telaretti, E. & Graditi, G. & Ippolito, M.G. & Zizzo, G., 2016. "Economic feasibility of stationary electrochemical storages for electric bill management applications: The Italian scenario," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 126-137.
- Gupta, Ajai & Saini, R.P. & Sharma, M.P., 2010. "Steady-state modelling of hybrid energy system for off grid electrification of cluster of villages," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 520-535.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:9:y:2015:i:1:p:-:d:61318 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schmid, Aloisio Leoni & Hoffmann, Carlos Augusto Amaral, 2004. "Replacing diesel by solar in the Amazon: short-term economic feasibility of PV-diesel hybrid systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 881-898, May.
- Graditi, G. & Ippolito, M.G. & Telaretti, E. & Zizzo, G., 2016. "Technical and economical assessment of distributed electrochemical storages for load shifting applications: An Italian case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 515-523.
- Enrico Telaretti & Mariano Ippolito & Luigi Dusonchet, 2015. "A Simple Operating Strategy of Small-Scale Battery Energy Storages for Energy Arbitrage under Dynamic Pricing Tariffs," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-20, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nguyen, Su & Peng, Wei & Sokolowski, Peter & Alahakoon, Damminda & Yu, Xinghuo, 2018. "Optimizing rooftop photovoltaic distributed generation with battery storage for peer-to-peer energy trading," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 2567-2580.
- Li, Qian & Loy-Benitez, Jorge & Nam, KiJeon & Hwangbo, Soonho & Rashidi, Jouan & Yoo, ChangKyoo, 2019. "Sustainable and reliable design of reverse osmosis desalination with hybrid renewable energy systems through supply chain forecasting using recurrent neural networks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 277-292.
- Kumar, Jitendra & Suryakiran, B.V. & Verma, Ashu & Bhatti, T.S., 2019. "Analysis of techno-economic viability with demand response strategy of a grid-connected microgrid model for enhanced rural electrification in Uttar Pradesh state, India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 176-185.
- Groissböck, Markus, 2019. "Are open source energy system optimization tools mature enough for serious use?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 234-248.
- Ali Saleh Aziz & Mohammad Faridun Naim Tajuddin & Mohd Rafi Adzman & Makbul A. M. Ramli & Saad Mekhilef, 2019. "Energy Management and Optimization of a PV/Diesel/Battery Hybrid Energy System Using a Combined Dispatch Strategy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-26, January.
- Frate, G.F. & Cherubini, P. & Tacconelli, C. & Micangeli, A. & Ferrari, L. & Desideri, U., 2019. "Ramp rate abatement for wind power plants: A techno-economic analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- Mendoza-Vizcaino, Javier & Raza, Muhammad & Sumper, Andreas & Díaz-González, Francisco & Galceran-Arellano, Samuel, 2019. "Integral approach to energy planning and electric grid assessment in a renewable energy technology integration for a 50/50 target applied to a small island," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 524-543.
- Zia, Muhammad Fahad & Elbouchikhi, Elhoussin & Benbouzid, Mohamed, 2019. "Optimal operational planning of scalable DC microgrid with demand response, islanding, and battery degradation cost considerations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 237(C), pages 695-707.
- Bargos, Fabiano Fernandes & Lamas, Wendell de Queiróz & Bilato, Gabriel Adam, 2018. "Computational tools and operational research for optimal design of co-generation systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 507-516.
- Lai, Chun Sing & Locatelli, Giorgio & Pimm, Andrew & Tao, Yingshan & Li, Xuecong & Lai, Loi Lei, 2019. "A financial model for lithium-ion storage in a photovoltaic and biogas energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Lorestani, Alireza & Gharehpetian, G.B. & Nazari, Mohammad Hassan, 2019. "Optimal sizing and techno-economic analysis of energy- and cost-efficient standalone multi-carrier microgrid," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 751-764.
- Higuita Cano, Mauricio & Agbossou, Kodjo & Kelouwani, Sousso & Dubé, Yves, 2017. "Experimental evaluation of a power management system for a hybrid renewable energy system with hydrogen production," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1086-1098.
- Yuanli Liu & Minwu Chen & Shaofeng Lu & Yinyu Chen & Qunzhan Li, 2018. "Optimized Sizing and Scheduling of Hybrid Energy Storage Systems for High-Speed Railway Traction Substations," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-29, August.
- Correa-Florez, Carlos Adrian & Gerossier, Alexis & Michiorri, Andrea & Kariniotakis, Georges, 2018. "Stochastic operation of home energy management systems including battery cycling," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 225(C), pages 1205-1218.
More about this item
KeywordsLinear programming; Optimization; Battery degradation; Offgrid;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:417-430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.