Calculation of levelized costs of electricity for various electrical energy storage systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parrado, C. & Girard, A. & Simon, F. & Fuentealba, E., 2016. "2050 LCOE (Levelized Cost of Energy) projection for a hybrid PV (photovoltaic)-CSP (concentrated solar power) plant in the Atacama Desert, Chile," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 422-430.
- Denholm, Paul & Sioshansi, Ramteen, 2009. "The value of compressed air energy storage with wind in transmission-constrained electric power systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3149-3158, August.
- Evans, Annette & Strezov, Vladimir & Evans, Tim J., 2012. "Assessment of utility energy storage options for increased renewable energy penetration," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 4141-4147.
- Díaz-González, Francisco & Sumper, Andreas & Gomis-Bellmunt, Oriol & Villafáfila-Robles, Roberto, 2012. "A review of energy storage technologies for wind power applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2154-2171.
- Parrado, C. & Marzo, A. & Fuentealba, E. & Fernández, A.G., 2016. "2050 LCOE improvement using new molten salts for thermal energy storage in CSP plants," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 505-514.
- Ibrahim, H. & Ilinca, A. & Perron, J., 2008. "Energy storage systems--Characteristics and comparisons," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1221-1250, June.
- Branker, K. & Pathak, M.J.M. & Pearce, J.M., 2011.
"A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4470-4482.
- K. Branker & M. J. M. Pathak & J.M. Pearce, 2011. "A review of solar photovoltaic levelized cost of electricity," Post-Print hal-02120492, HAL.
- Ren, Hongbo & Gao, Weijun & Ruan, Yingjun, 2009. "Economic optimization and sensitivity analysis of photovoltaic system in residential buildings," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 883-889.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tervo, Eric & Agbim, Kenechi & DeAngelis, Freddy & Hernandez, Jeffrey & Kim, Hye Kyung & Odukomaiya, Adewale, 2018. "An economic analysis of residential photovoltaic systems with lithium ion battery storage in the United States," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 1057-1066.
- Georgiou, Solomos & Shah, Nilay & Markides, Christos N., 2018. "A thermo-economic analysis and comparison of pumped-thermal and liquid-air electricity storage systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 226(C), pages 1119-1133.
- Cirés, E. & Marcos, J. & de la Parra, I. & García, M. & Marroyo, L., 2019. "The potential of forecasting in reducing the LCOE in PV plants under ramp-rate restrictions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 188(C).
- Lai, Chun Sing & McCulloch, Malcolm D., 2017. "Levelized cost of electricity for solar photovoltaic and electrical energy storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 191-203.
- Lai, Chun Sing & Locatelli, Giorgio & Pimm, Andrew & Tao, Yingshan & Li, Xuecong & Lai, Loi Lei, 2019. "A financial model for lithium-ion storage in a photovoltaic and biogas energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Odeh, Rodrigo Pérez & Watts, David, 2019. "Impacts of wind and solar spatial diversification on its market value: A case study of the Chilean electricity market," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 442-461.
- Luerssen, Christoph & Gandhi, Oktoviano & Reindl, Thomas & Sekhar, Chandra & Cheong, David, 2019. "Levelised Cost of Storage (LCOS) for solar-PV-powered cooling in the tropics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 640-654.
- Koirala, Binod Prasad & van Oost, Ellen & van der Windt, Henny, 2018. "Community energy storage: A responsible innovation towards a sustainable energy system?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 231(C), pages 570-585.
- O'Shaughnessy, Eric & Cutler, Dylan & Ardani, Kristen & Margolis, Robert, 2018. "Solar plus: A review of the end-user economics of solar PV integration with storage and load control in residential buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 2165-2175.
- Jarnut, Marcin & Wermiński, Szymon & Waśkowicz, Bartosz, 2017. "Comparative analysis of selected energy storage technologies for prosumer-owned microgrids," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 925-937.
- Mendoza-Vizcaino, Javier & Raza, Muhammad & Sumper, Andreas & Díaz-González, Francisco & Galceran-Arellano, Samuel, 2019. "Integral approach to energy planning and electric grid assessment in a renewable energy technology integration for a 50/50 target applied to a small island," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 233, pages 524-543.
- Federica Cucchiella & Idiano D’Adamo & Massimo Gastaldi, 2017. "Economic Analysis of a Photovoltaic System: A Resource for Residential Households," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-15, June.
- Pérez Odeh, Rodrigo & Watts, David & Flores, Yarela, 2018. "Planning in a changing environment: Applications of portfolio optimisation to deal with risk in the electricity sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 82(P3), pages 3808-3823.
- Xin-gang, Zhao & Yi-min, Xie, 2019. "The economic performance of industrial and commercial rooftop photovoltaic in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C).
- Ali, Babkir, 2018. "Comparative assessment of the feasibility for solar irrigation pumps in Sudan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 413-420.
More about this item
KeywordsLCOE; Energy Storage; Monte Carlo;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:908-920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.