Trade liberalisation and urban-rural linkages: a CGE analysis for Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Block, Steven A., 1999.
"Agriculture and economic growth in Ethiopia: growth multipliers from a four-sector simulation model,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 241-252, May.
- Steven A. Block, 1999. "Agriculture and economic growth in Ethiopia: growth multipliers from a four‐sector simulation model," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 20(3), pages 241-252, May.
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Sahn, David E., 2000. "A General Equilibrium Analysis of the Effect of Macroeconomic Adjustment on Poverty in Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 753-776, November.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Treyz, George I, et al, 1993. "The Dynamics of U.S. Internal Migration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 209-214, May.
- Hazari, Bharat R. & Sgro, Pasquale M., 1991. "Urban-rural structural adjustment, urban unemployment with traded and non-traded goods," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 187-196, January.
- De Maio, Lorenzo & Stewart, Frances & van der Hoeven, Rolph, 1999. "Computable General Equilibrium Models, Adjustment and the Poor in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 453-470, March.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- F. R. Casas, 1984. "Imperfect Factor Mobility: A Generalization and Synthesis of Two-Sector Models of International Trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(4), pages 747-761, November.
- Sahn, David E. & Dorosh, Paul & Younger, Stephen, 1996. "Exchange rate, fiscal and agricultural policies in Africa: Does adjustment hurt the poor?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 719-747, April.
- Clarete, Ramon L. & Roumasset, James A., 1987. "A Shoven-Whalley model of a small open economy : An illustration with Philippine tariffs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 247-261, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristinn Hermannsson & Patrizio Lecca, 2016.
"Human Capital in Economic Development: From Labour Productivity to Macroeconomic Impact,"
Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 35(1), pages 24-36, March.
- Kristinn Hermannsson & Patrizio Lecca, 2015. "Human capital in economic development: from labour productiviey to macroeconomic impact," Working Papers 1501, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Hermannsson, Kristinn & Lecca, Patrizio, 2015. "Human Capital in Economics Development: From Labour Productivity to Macroeconomic Impact," SIRE Discussion Papers 2015-53, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Buffie, Edward F. & Atolia, Manoj, 2012. "Trade, growth, and poverty in Zambia: Insights from a dynamic GE model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 211-229.
- Kebede, Sindu & Fekadu, Belay & Aredo, Dejene, 2011.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: A Macro-Micro Analysis in Ethiopia,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011
44, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Dejene Aredo & Belay Fekadu & Sindu W. Kebede, 2012. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: a Macro-Mciro Analysis in Ethiopia," Working Papers MPIA 2012-04, PEP-MPIA.
- Konan, Denise Eby, 2011.
"Limits to growth: Tourism and regional labor migration,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 473-481.
- Konan, Denise Eby, 2011. "Limits to growth: Tourism and regional labor migration," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 473-481, January.
- Denise Eby Konan, 2010. "Limits to Growth: Tourism and Regional Labor Migration," Working Papers 2010-14, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Kebede W. Sindu & Belay Fekadu & Dejene Aredo, 2016. "Impact of Trade Liberalization on Poverty in Ethiopia: A Computable General Equilibrium Microsimulation," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 9(1), pages 109-133.
- Gelan, Ayele, 2004. "System-wide Impacts of Agricultural Export Taxes: A Simulation Experiment with Ethiopian Data," MPRA Paper 1490, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Thurlow, James, 2012. "Implication of accelerated agricultural growth for household incomes and poverty in Ethiopia: A general equilibrium analysis," IFPRI book chapters, in: Dorosh, Paul A. & Rashid, Shahidur (ed.),Food and agriculture in Ethiopia: Progress and policy challenges, chapter 8, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Bayraktar, Nihal & El Aynaoui, Karim, 2008.
"Roads out of poverty? Assessing the links between aid, public investment, growth, and poverty reduction,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 277-295, June.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Bayraktar, Nihal & El Aynaoui, Karim, 2005. "Roads out of poverty? assessing the links between aid, public investment, growth, and poverty reduction," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3490, The World Bank.
- Pierre Richard AGÉNOR & Nihal BAYRAKTAR & Karim EL AYNAOUI, 2010. "Roads out of Poverty? Assessing the Link between Aid, Public Investment, Growth and Poverty Reduction," EcoMod2004 330600003, EcoMod.
- Gelan, Ayele Ulfata, 2007. "Does food aid have disincentive effects on local production? A general equilibrium perspective on food aid in Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 436-458, August.
- Bröcker, Johannes & Korzhenevych, Artem & Schürmann, Carsten, 2010. "Assessing spatial equity and efficiency impacts of transport infrastructure projects," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 795-811, August.
- Petar Stankov, 2017. "Economic Freedom and Welfare Before and After the Crisis," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-3-319-62497-6, September.
- Mitik, Lulit & Engida, Ermias, 2013. "Public investment in irrigation and training for agriculture-led development: a CGE approach for Ethiopia," PEP Working Papers 164417, Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP).
- Yasemin Kuslu, 2008. "Effects of an Irrigation Project in Prevention of Migration from Rural Areas," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 22(5), pages 611-619, May.
- Bittencourt, Maurício Vaz Lobo & Kraybill, David S. & Larson, Donald W., 2006. "Consequences Of Trade Liberalization On Poverty And Income Distribution In Brazil," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21128, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Boeters, Stefan & Savard, Luc, 2013. "The Labor Market in Computable General Equilibrium Models," Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, in: Peter B. Dixon & Dale Jorgenson (ed.),Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 1645-1718, Elsevier.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:24:y:2002:i:7-8:p:707-738. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.