Trade, growth, and poverty in Zambia: Insights from a dynamic GE model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Naude, Willem & Coetzee, Rian, 2004. "Globalisation and inequality in South Africa: modelling the labour market transmission," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(8-9), pages 911-925, December.
- World Bank, 2005. "Agricultural Growth for the Poor : An Agenda for Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7247.
- Davies, Rob & Rattso, Jorn & Torvik, Ragnar, 1998. "Short-Run Consequences of Trade Liberalization: A Computable General Equilibrium Model of Zimbabwe," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 305-333, June.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Mizala, Alejandra & Romaguera, Pilar, 2002.
"Beyond Heckscher-Ohlin: trade and labour market interactions in a case study for Chile,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 24(7-8), pages 639-666, November.
- Mauricio Bussolo & Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 1998. "Beyond Heckscher-Ohlin: Trade and labour market interaction in a case study for Chile," WORKING PAPERS SERIES. DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 009202, FEDESARROLLO.
- Keiko Kubota, 2005.
"Fiscal Constraints, Collection Costs, And Trade Policies,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17, pages 129-150, March.
- Kubota, Keiko, 2000. "Fiscal constraints, collection costs, and trade policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2366, The World Bank.
- Stifel, David C. & Thorbecke, Erik, 2003. "A dual-dual CGE model of an archetype African economy: trade reform, migration and poverty," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 207-235, April.
- Jung, Hong-Sang & Thorbecke, Erik, 2003. "The impact of public education expenditure on human capital, growth, and poverty in Tanzania and Zambia: a general equilibrium approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 701-725, November.
- Letiche, John M., 2010. "Transforming sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 163-175, March.
- Buffie,Edward F., 2001. "Trade Policy in Developing Countries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521004268, May.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Thomas F. Rutherford & David G. Tarr, 2014.
"Trade liberalization, poverty and efficient equity,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: APPLIED TRADE POLICY MODELING IN 16 COUNTRIES Insights and Impacts from World Bank CGE Based Projects, chapter 11, pages 255-286
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tarr, David G., 2003. "Trade liberalization, poverty and efficient equity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 97-128, June.
- Harrison Glenn & Rutherford Thomas & Tarr David, "undated". "Trade Liberalization, Poverty and Efficient Equity," EcoMod2002 330800032, EcoMod.
- De Maio, Lorenzo & Stewart, Frances & van der Hoeven, Rolph, 1999. "Computable General Equilibrium Models, Adjustment and the Poor in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 453-470, March.
- Wichern, Raier & Hausner, Ulrich & Chiwele, Dennis K., 1999. "Impediments to agricultural growth in Zambia:," TMD discussion papers 47, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Patricia Justino & Julie Litchfield & Hung Thai Pham, 2008. "Poverty Dynamics During Trade Reform: Evidence From Rural Vietnam," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(2), pages 166-192, June.
- Gelan, Ayele, 2002. "Trade liberalisation and urban-rural linkages: a CGE analysis for Ethiopia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 24(7-8), pages 707-738, November.
- Pinto Moreira, Emmanuel & Bayraktar, Nihal, 2008. "Foreign aid, growth and poverty: A policy framework for Niger," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 523-539.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Go, Delfin S., 1998. "The Simplest Dynamic General-Equilibrium Model of an Open Economy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 677-714, December.
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Cockburn, John, 2007. "Trade reform and poverty--Lessons from the Philippines: A CGE-microsimulation analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 141-163.
- Buffie,Edward F., 2001. "Trade Policy in Developing Countries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521782234, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario Holzner, 2013. "Impact of Croatian EU Accession on Regional Trade Patterns," wiiw Policy Notes 10, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- van Ruijven, Bas J. & O’Neill, Brian C. & Chateau, Jean, 2015. "Methods for including income distribution in global CGE models for long-term climate change research," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 530-543.
- Aykut Mert Yakut & Ebru Voyvoda, 2017. "Intertemporal CGE Analysis of Income Distribution in Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1703, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Feb 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; Aid; Trade liberalization; Infrastructure;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:34:y:2012:i:2:p:211-229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.