Consequences Of Trade Liberalization On Poverty And Income Distribution In Brazil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- de Melo, Jaime, 1988. "Computable general equilibrium models for trade policy analysis in developing countries: A survey," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 469-503.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Thomas F. Rutherford & David G. Tarr, 2014.
"Trade liberalization, poverty and efficient equity,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: APPLIED TRADE POLICY MODELING IN 16 COUNTRIES Insights and Impacts from World Bank CGE Based Projects, chapter 11, pages 255-286
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tarr, David G., 2003. "Trade liberalization, poverty and efficient equity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 97-128, June.
- Harrison Glenn & Rutherford Thomas & Tarr David, "undated". "Trade Liberalization, Poverty and Efficient Equity," EcoMod2002 330800032, EcoMod.
- Chenery, Hollis B, 1975. "The Structuralist Approach to Development Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 310-316, May.
- Williams III, Roberton C., 1999. "Revisiting the cost of protectionism:: The role of tax distortions in the labor market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 429-447, April.
- Liew, L. H., 1984. ""Tops-down" versus "bottoms-up" approaches to regional modeling," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 351-367, August.
- Davies, Rob & Rattso, Jorn & Torvik, Ragnar, 1998. "Short-Run Consequences of Trade Liberalization: A Computable General Equilibrium Model of Zimbabwe," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 305-333, June.
- John Whalley, 1984. "Trade Liberalization among Major World Trading Areas," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262231204, January.
- Dagum, Camilo, 1997. "A New Approach to the Decomposition of the Gini Income Inequality Ratio," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 515-531.
- Peter J. Higgs & B. R. Parmenter & Russell J. Rimmer, 1988. "A Hybrid Top-Down, Bottom-Up Regional Computable General Equilibrium Model," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 11(3), pages 317-328, December.
- Silber, Jacques, 1989. "Factor Components, Population Subgroups and the Computation of the Gini Index of Inequality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 107-115, February.
- Mehlum, Halvor, 2002. "Zimbabwe: Investments, credibility and the dynamics following trade liberalization: on the investment response during trade reform," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 565-584, August.
- Alan V. Deardorff & Jon D. Haveman, 1995.
"The Effects of U.S. Trade Laws on Poverty in America,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(4), pages 807-825.
- Deardorff, A.V. & Haveman, J.D., 1991. "The Effects of U.S. Trade Laws on Poverty in America," Working Papers 285, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Löfgren, Hans & Robinson, Sherman & Thurlow, James, 2002. "Macro and micro effects of recent and potential shocks to copper mining in Zambia," TMD discussion papers 99, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bautista, Romeo M. & Thomas, Marcelle, 1997. "Income effects of alternative trade policy adjustments on Philippine rural households: a general equilibrium analysis," TMD discussion papers 22, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Flores, Renato Jr., 1997. "The gains from MERCOSUL: A general equilibrium, imperfect competition evaluation," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Tarr,David & Gurgel, Angelo, 2003. "Regional, multilateral, and unilateral trade policies on MERCOSUR for growth and poverty reduction in Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3051, The World Bank.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2003:i:3:p:1-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carneiro, Francisco Galrao & Arbache, Jorge Saba, 2003. "The Impacts of Trade on the Brazilian Labor Market: A CGE Model Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1581-1595, September.
- Bautista, Romeo M. & Thomas, Marcelle, 1997. "Income Effects of Alternative Policy Trade Adjustments on Philippine Rural Households: A General Equilibrium Analysis," 1997 Conference, August 10-16, 1997, Sacramento, California 197068, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gelan, Ayele, 2002. "Trade liberalisation and urban-rural linkages: a CGE analysis for Ethiopia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 24(7-8), pages 707-738, November.
- Robinson, Sherman, 1989. "Multisectoral models," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 885-947 Elsevier.
- Shoven, John B & Whalley, John, 1984. "Applied General-Equilibrium Models of Taxation and International Trade: An Introduction and Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 1007-1051, September.
- Dani Rodrik, 1992. "The Limits of Trade Policy Reform in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 87-105, Winter.
- Thurlow, James & van Seventer, Dirk Ernst, 2002. "A standard computable general equilibrium model for South Africa," TMD discussion papers 100, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ferreira Filho, Joaquim Bento de Souza & Horridge, Mark Jonathan, 2006.
"Economic Integration, Poverty and Regional Inequality in Brazil,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE,
FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 60(4), February.
- Joaquim Bento Ferreira-Filho & Mark Horridge, 2004. "Economic Integration, Poverty and Regional Inequality in Brazil," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-149, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Konan, Denise Eby & Maskus, Keith E., 2000.
"Joint trade liberalization and tax reform in a small open economy: the case of Egypt,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 365-392, April.
- Denise Eby Konan & Keith Maskus, 1997. "Joint Trade Liberalization and Tax Reform in a Small Open Economy: The Case of Egypt," Working Papers 199703-R, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Stéphane Mussard & Michel Terraza & Françoise Seyte, 2003. "Decomposition of Gini and the generalized entropy inequality measures," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(7), pages 1-6.
- Löfgren, Hans & Harris, Rebecca Lee & Robinson, Sherman, 2001. "A standard computable general equilibrium (CGE) model in GAMS," TMD discussion papers 75, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lofgren, Hans, 1999. "Trade reform and the poor in Morocco: a rural-urban general equilibrium analysis of reduced protection," TMD discussion papers 38, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Danny M. Leipziger & Claudio Frischtak & Homi Kharas & John F. Normand, 1997. "Mercosur: Integration and Industrial Policy," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(5), pages 585-603, August.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2003:i:7:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haddad, Eduardo A. & Domingues, Edson P. & Perobelli, Fernando S., 2002. "Regional effects of economic integration: the case of Brazil," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 453-482, August.
- Cattaneo, Andrea & Ojeda, Raul A. Hinojosa- & Robinson, Sherman, 1999. "Costa Rica trade liberalization, fiscal imbalances, and macroeconomic policy: a computable general equilibrium model," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 39-67.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea06:21128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .