State-of-the-Art in Regional Computable General Equilibrium Modelling with a Case Study of the Philippines
The developments in regional Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) models have been reviewed with a view to identify future directions for modelling in the Philippines. It is observed that regional CGE models have been used extensively in the analysis of national and regional issues. These models can be divided into three classes: region-specific, bottomup and â€œpartialâ€ models. This paper asserts that existing models of the Philippines generally belong to the third class. This implies that there is very little scope for evaluating region-specific issues in the Philippines.
Volume (Year): 20 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.geocities.com/aeraindia/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1989. "The McKibbin-Sachs Global Model: Theory and Specifications," NBER Working Papers 3100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glyn Wittwer & Peter Dixon, 2004. "Forecasting the Economic impact of an industrial stoppage using a dynamic, computable general equilibrium model," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 7(1), pages 39-51, March.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Chen, Derek H.C. & Grimm, Michael, 2004.
"Linking representative household models with household surveys for poverty analysis : a comparison of alternative methodologies,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3343, The World Bank.
- Pierre-Richard AGÉNOR & Derek H. C. CHEN & Michael GRIMM, . "Linking Representative Household Models with Household Surveys for Poverty Analysis: A Comparison of Alternative Methodologies," EcoMod2004 330600002, EcoMod.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor & Derek Chen & Michael Grimm, 2004. "Linking Representative Household Models with Household Surveys for Poverty Analysis A Comparison of Alternative Methodologies," Development and Comp Systems 0405006, EconWPA.
- Edson Paulo Domingues & Mauro Borges Lemos, 2004.
"Regional impacts of trade liberalization strategies in Brazil,"
Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG
td234, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Edson Paulo Domingues & Mauro Borges Lemos, 2004. "Regional Impacts of Trade Liberalization Strategies in Brazil," ERSA conference papers ersa04p311, European Regional Science Association.
- Kangni Kpodar, 2011.
"Impact de l'accroissement du prix des produits pétroliers sur la distribution des revenus au Mali,"
- Kangni Kpodar & Calvin Djiofack, 2010. "The Distributional Effects of Oil Price Changes on Household Income: Evidence from Mali," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 19(2), pages 205-236, March.
- Kangni KPODAR, 2007. "Impact de l’accroissement du prix des produits pétroliers sur la distribution des revenus au Mali," Working Papers 200701, CERDI.
- Kangni Kpodar, 2006. "Distributional Effects of Oil Price Changeson Household Expenditures; Evidence From Mali," IMF Working Papers 06/91, International Monetary Fund.
- Davies, James B., 2004. "Microsimulation, CGE and Macro Modelling for Transition and Developing Economies," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Eduardo Haddad & Geoffrey Hewings, 2004.
"Transportation Costs, Increasing Returns and Regional Growth: An Interregional CGE Analysis,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa04p461, European Regional Science Association.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2004. "Transportation Costs, Increasing Returns and Regional growth: An Interregional CGE Analysis," Working papers - Textos para Discussao do Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia 315, Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia.
- Francisco André & M. Cardenete & Esther Velázquez, 2005.
"Performing an environmental tax reform in a regional economy. A computable general equilibrium approach,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 375-392, 06.
- Francisco J. AndrÃ© & M. Alejandro Cardenete, 2004. "Performing an Environmental Tax Reform in a Regional Economy: A Computable General Equilibrium Approach," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 115, Society for Computational Economics.
- Francisco J. André & M. Alejandro Cardenete & Esther Velázquez Alonso, 2004. "Performing an Environmental Tax Reform in a Regional Economy. A Computable General Equilibrium Approach," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/04, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Eduardo Haddad & Fernando Perobelli, 2005.
"Trade Liberalization and Regional Inequality - Do Transportation Costs Impose a Spatial Poverty Trap?,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p700, European Regional Science Association.
- Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Fernando Salgueiro Perobelli, 2004. "Trade Liberalization And Regional Inequality: Do Transportation Costs Impose A Spatial Poverty Trap?," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 131, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- van Tongeren, Frank & van Meijl, Hans & Surry, Yves, 2001.
"Global models applied to agricultural and trade policies: a review and assessment,"
Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 149-172, November.
- Tongeren, Frank van & Meijl, Hans van & Surry, Yves, 2001. "Global models applied to agricultural and trade policies: a review and assessment," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 26(2), November.
- Cororaton, Caesar B., 1994. "Structural Adjustment Policy Experiments: The Use of Philippine CGE Models," Discussion Papers DP 1994-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Deborah Peterson & Gavan Dwyer & David Appels & Jane Fry, 2005. "Water Trade in the Southern Murray-Darling Basin," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(s1), pages S115-S127, 08.
- J. Mark Horridge, 1999. "A General Equilibrium Model of Australia's Premier City," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers ip-74, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- François Bourguignon & Anne-Sophie Robilliard & Sherman Robinson, 2003.
"Representative versus real households in the macro-economic modeling of inequality,"
DELTA Working Papers
2003-05, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- François Bourguignon & Anne-Sophie Robilliard & Sherman Robinson, 2003. "Representative versus real households in the macro-economic modeling of inequality," Working Papers DT/2003/10, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Sherman, Robinson & Robilliard, Anne-Sophie & Bourguignon, François, 2005. "Representative versus real households in the macro-economic modelling of inequality," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4535, Paris Dauphine University.
- Canning, Patrick N. & Tsigas, Marinos E., 2000. "Regionalism, Federalism, and Taxation: A Food and Farm Perspective," Technical Bulletins 33585, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Bautista, Romeo M. & Thomas, Marcelle, 1997. "Income Effects of Alternative Policy Trade Adjustments on Philippine Rural Households: A General Equilibrium Analysis," 1997 Conference, August 10-16, 1997, Sacramento, California 197068, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- de Melo, Jaime, 1988. "Computable general equilibrium models for trade policy analysis in developing countries: A survey," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 469-503.
- Filho, Joaquim Bento de Souza Ferreira & Horridge, Mark, 2005. "The Doha Round, poverty, and regional inequality in Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3701, The World Bank.
- Bautista, Romeo M. & Thomas, Marcelle, 1997. "Income effects of alternative trade policy adjustments on Philippine rural households: a general equilibrium analysis," TMD discussion papers 22, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Peter B. Dixon & Maureen T. Rimmer, 2003. "State-level Dynamic CGE Modeling for Forecasting and Policy Analysis," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers ip-82, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- J. Mark Horridge & Brian R. Parmenter & Martin Cameron & Riaan Joubert & Areef Suleman & Dawie de Jongh, 1995. "The Macroeconomic, Industrial, Distributional and Regional Effects of Government Spending Programs in South Africa," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-109, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- STROOMBERGEN Adolf & STUART George, . "A General Equilibrium Model for Regional Economic Development," EcoMod2003 330700141, EcoMod.
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Cockburn, John & Corong, Erwin, 2005. "Doha scenarios, trade reforms, and poverty in the Philippines," MTID discussion papers 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Claudio R Karl, 2004. "How Can Tax Policies And Macroeconomic Shocks Affect The Poor? A Quantitative Assessment Using A Computable General Equilibrium Framework For Colombia," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
- Sébastien Jean & David Laborde, 2004.
"The Impact of Multilateral Liberalisation on European Regions: a CGE Assessment,"
2004-20, CEPII research center.
- David LABORDE & Jean SÉBASTIEN, . "The Impact of Multilateral Liberalisation on European Regions: a CGE Assessment," EcoMod2004 330600087, EcoMod.
- Shoven, John B & Whalley, John, 1984. "Applied General-Equilibrium Models of Taxation and International Trade: An Introduction and Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 1007-51, September.
- Erik Thorbecke & Hong-Sang Jung, 2001. "The Impact of Public Education Expenditureon Human Capital, Growth, and Poverty in Tanzania and Zambia; A General Equilibrium Approach," IMF Working Papers 01/106, International Monetary Fund.
- U-Primo E. Rodriguez & Liborio S. Cabanilla, 2006. "The Impact of a Philippine-US FTA : The Case of Philippine Agriculture," Development Economics Working Papers 22693, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Cabanilla, Liborio S. & Rodriguez, U-Primo E., 2006. "The Impact of a Philippine-US FTA: The Case of Philippine Agriculture," Discussion Papers DP 2006-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521266550 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aerrae:47419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.