The Impacts of Trade on the Brazilian Labor Market: A CGE Model Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robbins, Donald & Gindling, T H, 1999. "Trade Liberalization and the Relative Wages for More-Skilled Workers in Costa Rica," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 140-154, June.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1983. "Trade and Employment in Developing Countries, Volume 3: Synthesis and Conclusions," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number krue83-1, January.
- Green, Francis & Dickerson, Andy & Saba Arbache, Jorge, 2001.
"A Picture of Wage Inequality and the Allocation of Labor Through a Period of Trade Liberalization: The Case of Brazil,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1923-1939, November.
- Francis Green & Andy Dickerson & Jorge Saba Arbache, 2000. "A Picture of Wage Inequality and the Allocation of Labour Through a Period of Trade Liberalisation: The Case of Brazil," Studies in Economics 0013, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Jorge Saba Arbache, 2001.
"Trade Liberalisation and Labor Markets in Developing Countries: Theory and Evidence,"
Studies in Economics
0112, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Jorge Saba Arbache, 2015. "Trade Liberalization and Labor Markets in Developing Countries: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 0110, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Eli Bekman & John Bound & Stephen Machin, 1998.
"Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1245-1279.
- Eli Berman & John Bound & Stephen Machin, 1997. "Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 78, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- E Berman & J Bound & Stephen Machin, 1997. "Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence," CEP Discussion Papers dp0367, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Berman, E. & Bound, J. & Machin, S., 1997. "Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence," Papers 25, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Berman, Eli & Bound, John & Machin, Stephen, 1997. "Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence," Working Paper Series 486, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Berman, E. & Bound, J. & Machin, S., 1997. "Implications of skill-biased technological change: international evidence," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20314, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Eli Berman & John Bound & Stephen Machin, 1997. "Implications of Skill-Biased Technological Change: International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 6166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1995. "Are Your Wages Set in Beijing?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 15-32, Summer.
- Desjonqueres, Thibaut & Machin, Stephen & Van Reenen, John, 1999. " Another Nail in the Coffin? Or Can the Trade Based Explanation of Changing Skill Structures Be Resurrected?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 101(4), pages 533-554, December.
- Currie, Janet & Harrison, Ann E, 1997. "Sharing the Costs: The Impact of Trade Reform on Capital and Labor in Morocco," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 44-71, July.
- Revenga, Ana, 1997. "Employment and Wage Effects of Trade Liberalization: The Case of Mexican Manufacturing," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 20-43, July.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997.
"Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995. "Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras," NBER Working Papers 5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robinson, Sherman & Yunez-Naude, Antonio & Hinojosa-Ojeda, Raul & Lewis, Jeffrey D. & Devarajan, Shantayanan, 1999. "From stylized to applied models:: Building multisector CGE models for policy analysis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 5-38.
- Berman, Eli & Machin, Stephen, 2000. "Skill-Based Technology Transfer around the World," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 12-22, Autumn.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
- Beyer, Harald & Rojas, Patricio & Vergara, Rodrigo, 1999. "Trade liberalization and wage inequality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 103-123, June.
- Cragg, Michael Ian & Epelbaum, Mario, 1996. "Why has wage dispersion grown in Mexico? Is it the incidence of reforms or the growing demand for skills?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 99-116, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ozana Nadoveza & Marija Penava, 2016. "Building Computable General Equilibrium Model Of Croatia," EFZG Working Papers Series 1605, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb.
- Carmen Estrades & Cecilia Llambí, 2013. "Lessons from the 2008 Financial Crisis: Policy Responses to External Shocks in Uruguay," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 51(3), pages 233-259, September.
- Mauricio Bittencourt & Donald Larson & David Kraybill, 2010.
"Regional Short-Run Effects Of Trade Liberalization In Brazil,"
Economic Systems Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 65-85.
- Bittencourt, Maurício Vaz Lobo & Larson, Donald W. & Kraybill, David S., 2005. "Regional Short Run Effects of Trade Liberalization in Brazil," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19132, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Stefan Boeters & Luc Savard, 2011.
"The Labour Market in CGE Models,"
Cahiers de recherche
11-20, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Boeters, Stefan & Savard, Luc, 2011. "The labour market in CGE models," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-079, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Stefan Boeters & Luc Savard, 2012. "The Labour Market in CGE Models," CPB Discussion Paper 201, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Zeng, Xiangquan & Yuxue, Cui & Shisong, Qing & Yumei, Yang, 2011. "Real Exchange Rate, Foreign Trade and Employment: Evidence from China," IZA Discussion Papers 5931, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Boccanfuso, Dorothee & Coulibaly, Massa & Timilsina, Govinda R. & Savard, Luc, 2013. "Macroeconomic and distributional impacts of jatropha-based biodiesel in Mali," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6500, The World Bank.
- Saeed Solaymani & Mehdi Shokrinia, 2016. "Economic and environmental effects of trade liberalization in Malaysia," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 18(1), pages 101-120, October.
- Carmen Estrades & Cecilia Llambi, 2011. "Assessing the Impact of the Global Financial and Economic Crisis in Developing Countries: the Case of Uruguay," Working Papers MPIA 2011-16, PEP-MPIA.
- Antón, Arturo & Boyd, Roy & Elizondo, Alejandra & Ibarrarán, María Eugenia, 2016. "Universal social insurance for Mexico: Modeling of a financing scheme," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 838-850.
- Autsawin Suttiwichienchot & Nattapong Puttanapong, 2014. "A Study on Internal Labor Movement and Policy Multiplier in Thailand," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 2(3), pages 57-68.
- Jeong-Soo OH & Phouphet Kyophilavong, 2015. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty in Developing Countries: Literature Survey," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(2), pages 86-94, Fabruary.
- Pavcnik, Nina & Blom, Andreas & Goldberg, Pinelopi & Schady, Norbert, 2003. "Trade liberalization and labor market adjustment in Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2982, The World Bank.
- José Manuel Rueda-Cantuche & Nuno Sousa & Valeria Andreoni & Iñaki Arto, 2013. "The Single Market as an Engine for Employment through External Trade," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(5), pages 931-947, September.
- Lee, Jong-Eun, 2006. "Inequality and globalization in Europe," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 791-796, October.
- Raihan, Selim, 2008. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 37905, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bittencourt, Maurício Vaz Lobo & Kraybill, David S. & Larson, Donald W., 2006. "Consequences Of Trade Liberalization On Poverty And Income Distribution In Brazil," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21128, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Francisco Galrao Carneiro & Jorge Saba Arbache, 2003. "Assessing the impacts of trade on poverty and inequality," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(15), pages 989-994.
- Kitwiwattanachai, Anyarath & Nelson, Doug & Reed, Geoffrey, 2010. "Quantitative impacts of alternative East Asia Free Trade Areas: A Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) assessment," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 286-301, March.
- Arbache, Jorge Saba, 2004. "Do Structural Reforms always Succeed? Lessons from Brazil," WIDER Working Paper Series 058, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Boeters, Stefan & Savard, Luc, 2013. "The Labor Market in Computable General Equilibrium Models," Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, Elsevier.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:31:y:2003:i:9:p:1581-1595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.