A Comparison of Results From MRIO and Interregional Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Analyses of the Impacts of a Positive Demand Shock on the â€˜CO2 Trade Balanceâ€™ Between Scotland and the Rest of the UK
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gilmartin, Michelle & Swales, Kim J. & Turner, Karen, 2008. "A comparison of results from MRIO and interregional computable general equilibrium (CGE) analyses of the impacts of a positive demand shock on the â€˜CO2 trade balanceâ€™ between Scotland and the rest," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-24, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Louis Beuuséjour & Gordon Lenjosek & Michael Smart, 1995. "A CGE Approach to Modelling Carbon Dioxide Emissions Control in Canada and the United States," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 457-488, May.
- Turner, Karen & Lenzen, Manfred & Wiedmann, Thomas & Barrett, John, 2007. "Examining the global environmental impact of regional consumption activities -- Part 1: A technical note on combining input-output and ecological footprint analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 37-44, April.
- Karlsson, Charlie & Johansson, Börje, 2006. "Regional Development and Knowledge," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 76, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Montuenga, Victor & Garcia, Inmaculada & Fernandez, Melchor, 2003. "Wage flexibility: evidence from five EU countries based on the wage curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 169-174, February.
- Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2005. "The Wage Curve Reloaded," IZA Discussion Papers 1665, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mark Partridge & Dan Rickman, 2010.
"Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Modelling for Regional Economic Development Analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(10), pages 1311-1328.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2007. "CGE Modeling for Regional Economic Development Analysis," Economics Working Paper Series 0706, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Lisenkova, Katya & McGregor, Peter & Pappas, Nikos & Swales, Kim & Turner, Karen & Wright, Robert E., 2007. "Macroeconomic Impacts of Demographic Change in Scotland: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 2623, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wissema, Wiepke & Dellink, Rob, 2007.
"AGE analysis of the impact of a carbon energy tax on the Irish economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 671-683, March.
- Wiepke Wissema & Rob Dellink, "undated". "CGE Analysis of the Impact of a Carbon Energy Tax on the Irish Economy," EcoMod2006 272100104, EcoMod.
- Druckman, A. & Bradley, P. & Papathanasopoulou, E. & Jackson, T., 2008. "Measuring progress towards carbon reduction in the UK," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 594-604, July.
- Heinz Welsch, 1996. "Recycling of carbon/energy taxes and the labor market," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 8(2), pages 141-155, September.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Green, G.R., 1993. "An Incomplete Information Core of Dynamic Economy," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9314, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Treyz, George I, et al, 1993. "The Dynamics of U.S. Internal Migration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 209-214, May.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:296480 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Estimating a Wage Curve for Britain: 1973-90," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(426), pages 1025-1043, September.
- Gary Gillespie & Peter Mcgregor & J. Kim Swales & Ya Ping Yin, 2001. "The Displacement and Multiplier Effects of Regional Selective Assistance: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 125-139.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Hanley, Nick D. & McGregor, Peter G. & Swales, J. Kim & Turner, Karen, 2006. "The impact of a stimulus to energy efficiency on the economy and the environment: A regional computable general equilibrium analysis," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 161-171.
- Gillespie, Gary & McGregor, Peter G. & Swales, J. Kim & Yin, Yan Ping, 1999. "A Computable General Equilibrium Approach to the Ex Post Evaluation of Regional Development Agency Policies," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa260, European Regional Science Association.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 1998. "Regional Computable General Equilibrium Modeling: A Survey and Critical Appraisal," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 21(3), pages 205-248, December.
- McGregor, Peter G. & Swales, J. Kim & Turner, Karen, 2008. "The CO2 'trade balance' between Scotland and the rest of the UK: Performing a multi-region environmental input-output analysis with limited data," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 662-673, July.
- Wiedmann, Thomas & Lenzen, Manfred & Turner, Karen & Barrett, John, 2007. "Examining the global environmental impact of regional consumption activities -- Part 2: Review of input-output models for the assessment of environmental impacts embodied in trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 15-26, February.
- Grant J. Allan & Nicholas D. Hanley & Peter G. Mcgregor & J. Kim Swales & Karen R. Turner, 2007. "Augmenting the Input-Output Framework for 'Common Pool' Resources: Operationalising the Full Leontief Environmental Model," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 1-22.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1970. "Environmental Repercussions and the Economic Structure: An Input-Output Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 262-271, August.
- Munksgaard, Jesper & Pedersen, Klaus Alsted, 2001. "CO2 accounts for open economies: producer or consumer responsibility?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 327-334, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Turner, Karen & Gilmartin, Michelle & McGregor, Peter G. & Swales, J. Kim, 2009.
"The added value from adopting a CGE approach to analyse changes in environmental trade balances,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2009-13, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Michelle Gilmartin & Peter McGregor & Kim Swales & Karen Turner, 2009. "The added value from adopting a CGE approach to analyse changes in environmental trade balances," Working Papers 0903, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Karen Turner & Michelle Gilmartin & Peter G. McGregor & J. Kim Swales, 2012.
"An integrated IO and CGE approach to analysing changes in environmental trade balances,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(1), pages 161-180, March.
- Gilmartin, Michelle & McGregor, Peter G & Swales, J Kim & Turner, Karen, 2011. "An integrated IO and CGE approach to analysing changes in environmental trade balances," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2011-04, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Ignacio Cazcarro & Rosa Duarte & Julio Sánchez Chóliz & Cristina Sarasa & Ana Serrano, 2016. "Modelling regional policy scenarios in the agri-food sector: a case study of a Spanish region," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(16), pages 1463-1480, April.
- Wiedmann, Thomas, 2009. "A review of recent multi-region input-output models used for consumption-based emission and resource accounting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 211-222, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCGE modelling; MRIO; CO2 trade balance; environmental responsibility;
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2008-07-20 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2008-07-20 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2008-07-20 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:str:wpaper:0808. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kirsty Hall). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edstruk.html .