A farm household model for agri-food policy analysis in developing countries: Application to smallholder farmers in Sierra Leone
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruben, Ruerd & van Ruijven, Arjan, 2001. "Technical coefficients for bio-economic farm household models: a meta-modelling approach with applications for Southern Mali," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 427-441, March.
- Jeroen Buysse & Bruno Fernagut & Olivier Harmignie & Bruno Henry de Frahan & Ludwig Lauwers & Philippe Polomé & Guido Van Huylenbroeck & Jef Van Meensel, 2007.
"Farm-based modelling of the EU sugar reform: impact on Belgian sugar beet suppliers,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 34(1), pages 21-52, March.
- Jeroen Buysse & Bruno Fernagut & Olivier Harmignie & Bruno Henry de Frahan & Ludwig Lauwers & Philippe Polomé & Guido Van Huylenbroeck & Jef Van Meensel, 2007. "Farm-based modelling of the EU sugar reform: impact on Belgian sugar beet suppliers," Post-Print halshs-00359076, HAL.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, M. & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behavior with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explain," CUDARE Working Papers 198579, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Louhichi, Kamel & Kanellopoulos, Argyris & Janssen, Sander & Flichman, Guillermo & Blanco, Maria & Hengsdijk, Huib & Heckelei, Thomas & Berentsen, Paul & Lansink, Alfons Oude & Ittersum, Martin Van, 2010. "FSSIM, a bio-economic farm model for simulating the response of EU farming systems to agricultural and environmental policies," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(8), pages 585-597, October.
- Woldenhanna, T. & Oskam, A., 2001. "Income diversification and entry barriers: evidence from the Tigray region of northern Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 351-365, August.
- Paris, Quirino & Drogué, Sophie & Anania, Giovanni, 2011. "Calibrating spatial models of trade," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2509-2516.
- Heckelei, Thomas & Britz, Wolfgang & Zhang, Yinan, 2012. "Positive Mathematical Programming Approaches – Recent Developments in Literature and Applied Modelling," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 0(Issue 1), pages 1-16, April.
- J. Taylor & Irma Adelman, 2003. "Agricultural Household Models: Genesis, Evolution, and Extensions," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 33-58, January.
- Christian H.C.A. Henning & Arne Henningsen, 2007. "Modeling Farm Households' Price Responses in the Presence of Transaction Costs and Heterogeneity in Labor Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(3), pages 665-681.
- Sanfo, Safiétou & Gérard, Françoise, 2012. "Public policies for rural poverty alleviation: The case of agricultural households in the Plateau Central area of Burkina Faso," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 1-9.
- Heckelei, Thomas & Britz, Wolfgang, 2005. "Models Based on Positive Mathematical Programming: State of the Art and Further Extensions," 89th Seminar, February 2-5, 2005, Parma, Italy 234607, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gill, T.B., 2010. "Modeling the impact of HIV/AIDS upon food security of diverse rural households in Western Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(5), pages 265-281, June.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Jonathan Brooks & Mateusz Filipski & Erik Jonasson & J. Edward Taylor, 2011. "The Development Policy Evaluation Model (DEVPEM): Technical Documentation," OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers 51, OECD Publishing.
- Kamel Louhichi & Sergio Gomez y Paloma & Hatem Belhouchette & Thomas Allen & Jacques Fabre & María Blanco Fonseca & Roza Chenoune & Szvetlana Acs & Guillermo Flichman, 2013. "Modelling Agri-Food Policy Impact at Farm-household Level in Developing Countries (FSSIM-Dev): Application to Sierra Leone," JRC Working Papers JRC80707, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Paolisso, Michael J, et al, 2002. "Does Cash Crop Adoption Detract from Child Care Provision? Evidence from Rural Nepal," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 313-337, January.
- Holden, Stein & Shiferaw, Bekele & Pender, John, 2004. "Non-farm income, household welfare, and sustainable land management in a less-favoured area in the Ethiopian highlands," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 369-392, August.
- Janssen, Sander & van Ittersum, Martin K., 2007. "Assessing farm innovations and responses to policies: A review of bio-economic farm models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 622-636, June.
- Paris,Quirino, 2011. "Economic Foundations of Symmetric Programming," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521123020, January.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- McGregor, M. J. & Rola-Rubzen, M. F. & Murray-Prior, R., 2001. "Micro and macro-level approaches to modelling decision making," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 69(1-2), pages 63-83.
- van Ittersum, Martin K. & Ewert, Frank & Heckelei, Thomas & Wery, Jacques & Alkan Olsson, Johanna & Andersen, Erling & Bezlepkina, Irina & Brouwer, Floor & Donatelli, Marcello & Flichman, Guillermo & , 2008. "Integrated assessment of agricultural systems - A component-based framework for the European Union (SEAMLESS)," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 150-165, March.
- Van den Berg, M. Marrit & Hengsdijk, Huib & Wolf, Joost & Van Ittersum, Martin K. & Guanghuo, Wang & Roetter, Reimund P., 2007. "The impact of increasing farm size and mechanization on rural income and rice production in Zhejiang province, China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 841-850, June.
- Paris,Quirino, 2011. "Economic Foundations of Symmetric Programming," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521194723, January.
- Yiridoe, Emmanuel K. & Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Dogbe, Wilson, 2006. "Economics of the impact of alternative rice cropping systems on subsistence farming: Whole-farm analysis in northern Ghana," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 102-121, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ags:afjare:211670 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:agisys:v:154:y:2017:i:c:p:168-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Komarek, Adam M. & Drogue, Sophie & Chenoune, Roza & Hawkins, James & Msangi, Siwa & Belhouchette, Hatem & Flichman, Guillermo, 2017.
"Agricultural household effects of fertilizer price changes for smallholder farmers in central Malawi,"
Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 168-178.
- Adam M. Komarek & Sophie Drogue & Roza Chenoune & James Hawkins & Siwa Msangi & Hatem Belhouchette & Guillermo Flichman, 2017. "Agricultural household effects of fertilizer price changes for smallholder farmers in central Malawi," Post-Print hal-01519139, HAL.
- Riesgo, Laura & Louhichi, Kamel & Paloma, Sergio Gomez y, 2016. "Modelling farm-household level impacts of fertilizer subsidy programs on productivity and food security: The case of Ethiopia," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249265, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- repec:spr:jqecon:v:15:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40953-016-0058-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Tillie, Pascal & Louhichi, Kamel & Paloma, Sergio Gomez y, 2016. "Modelling the farm household impacts of a small irrigation program in Niger," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249267, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Parisa Aghajanzadeh-Darzi & Pierre-Alain Jayet & Athanasios Petsakos, 2017.
"Improvement of a Bio-Economic Mathematical Programming Model in the Case of On-Farm Source Inputs and Outputs,"
Journal of Quantitative Economics,
Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 15(3), pages 489-508, September.
- Aghajanzadeh-Darzi, Parisa & Jayet, Pierre-Alain & Domingues, M.J.P, 2012. "Improvement of a bio-economic mathematical programming model in the case of on-farm source inputs and outputs," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126768, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsFood security; Poverty; Seed policy; Farm household model; Sierra Leone;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:45:y:2014:i:c:p:1-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.