Public policies for rural poverty alleviation: The case of agricultural households in the Plateau Central area of Burkina Faso
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jayne, T. S. & Govereh, J. & Wanzala, M. & Demeke, M., 2003. "Fertilizer market development: a comparative analysis of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 293-316, August.
- Hazell, Peter & Poulton, Colin & Wiggins, Steve & Dorward, Andrew, 2010. "The Future of Small Farms: Trajectories and Policy Priorities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1349-1361, October.
- Marc Nerlove, 1979. "The Dynamics of Supply: Retrospect and Prospect," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(5), pages 874-888.
- P. B. R. Hazell & P. L. Scandizzo, 1977. "Farmers' Expectations, Risk Aversion, and Market Equilibrium under Risk," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 59(1), pages 204-209.
- Alain de Janvry, 2010.
"Agriculture for development: new paradigm and options for success,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 17-36, November.
- de Janvry, Alain, 2009. "Agriculture for development: New paradigm and options for success," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53202, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian, 2004. "A Policy Agenda for Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-89, January.
- Poulton, Colin & Kydd, Jonathan & Wiggins, Steve & Dorward, Andrew, 2006. "State intervention for food price stabilisation in Africa: Can it work?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 342-356, August.
- Aune, Jens B. & Bationo, André, 2008. "Agricultural intensification in the Sahel - The ladder approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 119-125, September.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 2000. "The macro dimensions of food security: economic growth, equitable distribution, and food price stability," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 283-295, June.
- Christopher B. Barrett & Michael R. Carter & C. Peter Timmer, 2010. "A Century-Long Perspective on Agricultural Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(2), pages 447-468.
- Pandey, Sushil & Hardaker, J. Brian, 1995. "The role of modelling in the quest for sustainable farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 439-450.
- Fox, P. & Rockstrom, J. & Barron, J., 2005. "Risk analysis and economic viability of water harvesting for supplemental irrigation in semi-arid Burkina Faso and Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 231-250, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Komarek, Adam M. & MacAulay, T. Gordon, 2013. "Farmer responses to changing risk aversion, enterprise variability and resource endowments," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(3), September.
- Louhichi, Kamel & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio, 2014. "A farm household model for agri-food policy analysis in developing countries: Application to smallholder farmers in Sierra Leone," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-13.
- Ricome, Aymeric & Affholder, François & Gérard, Françoise & Muller, Bertrand & Poeydebat, Charlotte & Quirion, Philippe & Sall, Moussa, 2017.
"Are subsidies to weather-index insurance the best use of public funds? A bio-economic farm model applied to the Senegalese groundnut basin,"
Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 149-176.
- Philippe Quirion & Aymeric Ricome & François Affholder & Françoise Gérard & Bertrand Muller & Charlotte Poeydebat & Moussa Sall, 2017. "Are subsidies to weather-index insurance the best use of public funds? A bio-economic farm model applied to the Senegalese groundnut basin," Post-Print hal-01679763, HAL.
- Rigolot, C. & de Voil, P. & Douxchamps, S. & Prestwidge, D. & Van Wijk, M. & Thornton, P.K. & Rodriguez, D. & Henderson, B. & Medina, D. & Herrero, M., 2017. "Interactions between intervention packages, climatic risk, climate change and food security in mixed crop–livestock systems in Burkina Faso," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 217-224.
More about this item
KeywordsRural poverty; Burkina Faso; Agricultural households; Economic policies; Model; Mathematical programming;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:110:y:2012:i:c:p:1-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.