Agricultural intensification in the Sahel - The ladder approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Sanders, John H., 2006. "New technologies, marketing strategies and public policy for traditional food crops: Millet in Niger," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 272-292.
- von Braun, Joachim, 2007. "The world food situation: New driving forces and required actions," Food policy reports 18, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Harwood, Joy L. & Heifner, Richard G. & Coble, Keith H. & Perry, Janet E. & Somwaru, Agapi, 1999. "Managing Risk in Farming: Concepts, Research, and Analysis," Agricultural Economics Reports 34081, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ayuk, Elias T., 1997. "Adoption of agroforestry technology: The case of live hedges in the central plateau of Burkina Faso," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 189-206.
- Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Pietola, Kyosti, 1998. "Adoption of improved land use technologies to increase food security in Burkina Faso: relating animal traction, productivity, and non-farm income," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 441-464.
- Jeffrey D. Vitale & John H. Sanders, 2005. "New markets and technological change for the traditional cereals in semiarid sub-Saharan Africa: the Malian case," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(2), pages 111-129, March.
- Tahirou Abdoulaye & John H. Sanders, 2005. "Stages and determinants of fertilizer use in semiarid African agriculture: the Niger experience," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(2), pages 167-179, March.
- Ingram, K. T. & Roncoli, M. C. & Kirshen, P. H., 2002. "Opportunities and constraints for farmers of west Africa to use seasonal precipitation forecasts with Burkina Faso as a case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 331-349.
- Reardon, Thomas & Kelly, Valerie & Crawford, Eric & Diagana, Bocar & Dione, Josue & Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Boughton, Duncan, 1997. "Promoting sustainable intensification and productivity growth in Sahel agriculture after macroeconomic policy reform," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 317-327, August.
- I. Okike & M.A. Jabbar & V.M. Manyong & J.W. Smith & S.K. Ehui, 2004. "Factors Affecting Farm-specific Production Efficiency in the Savanna Zones of West Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 13(1), pages 134-165, March.
- Powell, J. M. & Fernandez-Rivera, S. & Hiernaux, P. & Turner, M. D., 1996. "Nutrient cycling in integrated rangeland/cropland systems of the Sahel," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 143-170.
- Fox, P. & Rockstrom, J. & Barron, J., 2005. "Risk analysis and economic viability of water harvesting for supplemental irrigation in semi-arid Burkina Faso and Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 231-250.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanfo, Safiétou & Gérard, Françoise, 2012. "Public policies for rural poverty alleviation: The case of agricultural households in the Plateau Central area of Burkina Faso," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 1-9.
- García-Ponce, E. & Gómez-Macpherson, H. & Diallo, O. & Djibril, M. & Baba, C. & Porcel, O. & Mathieu, B. & Comas, J. & Mateos, L. & Connor, D.J., 2013. "Contribution of sorghum to productivity of small-holder irrigation schemes: On-farm research in the Senegal River Valley, Mauritania," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 72-82.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:222:y:2011:i:20:p:3651-3661 is not listed on IDEAS
- Natcher, David & Bachmann, Erika & Pittman, Jeremy & Kulshreshtha, Suren & Baco, Mohamed Nasser & Akponikpe, P. B. I. & Peak, Derek, 2016. "Knowledge Diffusion and the Adoption of Fertilizer Microdosing in Northwest Benin," Sustainable Agriculture Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 5(3).
- Ollenburger, Mary H. & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Crane, Todd A. & Sanogo, Ousmane M. & Giller, Ken E., 2016. "Waking the Sleeping Giant: Agricultural intensification, extensification or stagnation in Mali's Guinea Savannah," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 58-70.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:98:y:2008:i:2:p:119-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .