Adoption of improved land use technologies to increase food security in Burkina Faso: relating animal traction, productivity, and non-farm income
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Reardon & Eric Crawford & Valerie Kelly, 1994.
"Links Between Nonfarm Income and Farm Investment in African Households: Adding the Capital Market Perspective,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, pages 1172-1176.
- Reardon, Thomas A. & Crawford, Eric W. & Kelly, Valerie, 1994. "Links Between Nonfarm Income and Farm Investment in African Households: Adding the Capital Market Perspective," Staff Papers 201191, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Djato, Kouakou K., 1996. "Farm size, relative efficiency and agrarian policy in Cote d'Ivoire: profit function analysis of rice farms," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 93-102, July.
- Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Pietola, Kyosti, 1995. "Mechanization and Agricultural Supply Response in the Sahel: A Farm-Level Profit Function Analysis," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 4(3), pages 336-377, December.
- Matlon, Peter J., 1990. "Improving Productivity in Sorghum and Pearl Millet in Semi-Arid Africa," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 01.
- Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter & Brown, James, 1989. "Farm-nonfarm linkages in rural sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(8), pages 1173-1201, August.
- Carter, Michael R., 1989. "The impact of credit on peasant productivity and differentiation in Nicaragua," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 13-36.
- Barrett, Vincent & Lassiter, Gregory C. & Wilcock, David & Baker, Doyle Curtis & Crawford, Eric W., 1982. "Animal Traction in Eastern Upper Volta: A Technical, Economic and Institutional Analysis," Food Security International Development Papers 54067, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorward, Andrew & Poulton, Colin & Kydd, Jonathan, 2001. "Rural And Farmer Finance: An International Perspective," ADU Working Papers 10924, Imperial College at Wye, Department of Agricultural Sciences.
- J. Ndjeunga & M.S.C. Bantilan, 2005. "Uptake of Improved Technologies in the Semi-Arid Tropics of West Africa: Why Is Agricultural Transformation Lagging Behind?," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 2(1), pages 85-102.
- Carlin Wendy & Schaffer Mark & Seabright Paul, 2004.
"A Minimum of Rivalry: Evidence from Transition Economies on the Importance of Competition for Innovation and Growth,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, pages 1-45.
- Wendy Carlin & Mark Schaffer & Paul Seabright, 2004. "A Minimum of Rivalry: Evidence from Transition Economies on the Importance of Competition for Innovation and Growth," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-670, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Cornilius Chikwama, 2004. "Rural Off-Farm Employment and Farm Investment: An Analytical Framework and Evidence from Zimbabwe," CERT Discussion Papers 0403, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Carlin, Wendy & Schaffer, Mark & Seabright, Paul, 2004. "A Minimum of Rivalry : Evidence from Transition Economies on the Importance of Competition for Innovation and Growth," IDEI Working Papers 272, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Carlin, Wendy & Schaffer, Mark E & Seabright, Paul, 2004. "A Minimum of Rivalry: Evidence from Transition Economies on the Importance of Competition for Innovation and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 4343, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rupak Goswami & Soumitra Chatterjee & Binoy Prasad, 2014. "Farm types and their economic characterization in complex agro-ecosystems for informed extension intervention: study from coastal West Bengal, India," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Niragira, S. & D'Haese, M. & Buysse, Jeroen & Desiere, S. & Ndimubandi, J. & D'Haese, L., 2013. "Options and Impact of Crop Production Specialization on Small-Scale Farms in the Noth of Burundi," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161521, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Silvestre García de Jalón & Ana Iglesias & Andrew P. Barnes, 2016. "Drivers of farm-level adaptation to climate change in Africa: an evaluation by a composite index of potential adoption," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 779-798, June.
- Cunguara, Benedito & Mather, David & Walker, Tom & Mouzinho, Bordalo & Massingue, Jaquelino & Uaiene, Rafael, 2016. "Exploiting the potential for expanding cropped area using animal traction in the smallholder sector in Mozambique," Miscellaneous Publications 249697, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Mounirou, Ichaou, 2015. "Perception and adoption of agricultural technical innovations in the cotton basin of Banikoara in Benin," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(2), June.
- Aune, Jens B. & Bationo, André, 2008. "Agricultural intensification in the Sahel - The ladder approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 119-125, September.
- Ketema, Mengistu & Bauer, Siegfried, 2012. "Factors Affecting Intercropping and Conservation Tillage Practices in Eastern Ethiopia," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 4(1), March.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Effenberger, Alexandra, 2012.
"Agriculture and development: A brief review of the literature,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 175-205.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Effenberger, Alexandra, 2011. "Agriculture and development : a brief review of the literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5553, The World Bank.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Reardon, Thomas, 2000. "Asset, Activity, And Income Diversification Among African Agriculturalists: Some Practical Issues," Working Papers 14734, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ndjeunga, Jupiter & Bantilan, Ma Cynthia S., 2005. "Uptake of Improved Technologies in the Semi-arid Tropics of West Africa: Why is Agricultural Transformation Lagging Behind?," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 2(1).
- Cornilius Chikawama, 2004. "Quota Rural Off-Farm Employment and Farm Investment: An Analytical Framework and Evidence from Zimbabwe," Working Papers E04, Department of Economics, School of Management and Languages, Heriot Watt University.
- Tano, Kouadio & Kamuanga, Mulumba & Faminow, Merle D. & Swallow, Brent, 2003. "Using conjoint analysis to estimate farmer's preferences for cattle traits in West Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 393-407, July.
- Kuyiah, Joanne Wasswa & Obare, Gideon A. & Herrero, Mario & Waithaka, Michael M., 2006. "Agriculture, Income Risks and Rural Poverty Dynamics: Strategies of Smallholder Producers in Kenya," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25596, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Yilma, Tsegaye & Berger, Thomas, 2006. "Complementarity between Irrigation and Fertilizer Technologies - A Justification for Increased Irrigation Investment in the Less-Favored Areas of SSA," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25701, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Somda, Jacques & Nianogo, A. Joseph & Nassa, Suleymane & Sanou, Seydou, 2002. "Soil fertility management and socio-economic factors in crop-livestock systems in Burkina Faso: a case study of composting technology," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 175-183, December.
- Fekadu Beyene, 2015. "Determinants of food security under changing land-use systems among pastoral and agro-pastoral households in eastern Ethiopia," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 1163-1182, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:58:y:1998:i:3:p:441-464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.