Improving Productivity in Sorghum and Pearl Millet in Semi-Arid Africa
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reardon, Thomas & Taylor, J. Edward, 1996. "Agroclimatic shock, income inequality, and poverty: Evidence from Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 901-914, May.
- Mcmillan, Della E. & Sanders, John H. & Koenig, Dolores & Akwabi-Ameyaw, Kofi & Painter, Thomas M., 1998. "New Land is not enough: Agricultural performance of New Lands settlement in West Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 187-211, February.
- Yanggen, David & Kelly, Valerie A. & Reardon, Thomas & Naseem, Anwar, 1998. "Incentives for Fertilizer Use in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Review of Empirical Evidence on Fertilizer Response and Profitability," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54677, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:162-171 is not listed on IDEAS
- Byerlee, Derek & Heisey, Paul W., 1996. "Past and potential impacts of maize research in sub-Saharan Africa: a critical assessment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 255-277, July.
- Boughton, Duncan & Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Will promotion of coarse grain processing turn the tide for traditional cereals in the Sahel? Recent empirical evidence from Mali," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 307-316, August.
- Sanders, John H. & Ramaswamy, Sunder & Shapiro, Barry I., 1997. "Technology Development for Semi-Arid Sub-Saharan Africa: Theory, Performance and Constraints," Occasional Paper Series No. 7 198203, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Vitale, Jeffrey D. & Lee, John G., 2005. "Land Degradation in the Sahel: An Application of Biophysical Modeling in the Optimal Control Setting," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19494, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Theriault, Veronique & Smale, Melinda & Haider, Hamza, 2016. "Gender Differences in the Adoption of Cereal Intensification Strategy Sets in Burkina Faso," Food Security International Development Working Papers 245896, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Spencer, Dunstan S. C., 1994. "Infrastructure and technology constraints to agricultural development in the humid and subhumid tropics of Africa:," EPTD discussion papers 3, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Smale, Melinda & Diakité, Lamissa & Dembélé, Brahima & Traoré, Issa Seni & Guindo, Oumar & Konta, Bouréma, 2008. "Trading millet and sorghum genetic resources women vendors in the village fairs of San and Souentza, Mali:," IFPRI discussion papers 746, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Reardon, Thomas & Kelly, Valerie & Crawford, Eric & Diagana, Bocar & Dione, Josue & Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Boughton, Duncan, 1997. "Promoting sustainable intensification and productivity growth in Sahel agriculture after macroeconomic policy reform," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 317-327, August.
- Shapiro, B. I. & Sanders, J. H., 1998. "Fertilizer use in semiarid West Africa: Profitability and supporting policy," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 467-482, April.
- Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Kazianga, Harounan, 1999. "Substitution between domestic and imported food in urban consumption in Burkina Faso:: assessing the impact of devaluation1," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 535-551, October.
- Fox, P. & Rockstrom, J. & Barron, J., 2005. "Risk analysis and economic viability of water harvesting for supplemental irrigation in semi-arid Burkina Faso and Kenya," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 231-250, March.
- Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Pietola, Kyosti, 1998. "Adoption of improved land use technologies to increase food security in Burkina Faso: relating animal traction, productivity, and non-farm income," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 441-464, November.
- Tahirou Abdoulaye & John H. Sanders, 2005. "Stages and determinants of fertilizer use in semiarid African agriculture: the Niger experience," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(2), pages 167-179, March.
- Yilma, Tsegaye & Berger, Thomas, 2006. "Complementarity between Irrigation and Fertilizer Technologies - A Justification for Increased Irrigation Investment in the Less-Favored Areas of SSA," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25701, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Spencer, Dunstan S.C. & Badiane, Ousmane, 1995. "Agriculture and Economic Recovery in African Countries," 1994 Conference, August 22-29, 1994, Harare, Zimbabwe 183375, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Reardon, Thomas & Kelly, Valerie A. & Yanggen, David & Crawford, Eric W., 1999. "Determinants Of Fertilizer Adoption By African Farmers: Policy Analysis Framework, Illustrative Evidence, And Implications," Staff Papers 11779, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Reardon, Thomas, 1995. "Sustainability issues for agricultural research strategies in the semi-arid tropics: Focus on the Sahel," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 345-359.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Development; Productivity Analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:frisst:136098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.