Peasant Household Behavior with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Newbery, David M, 1990. "Optimal Trade Taxes on Agriculture in Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(400), pages 180-192, Supplemen.
- Ahn, Choong Yong & Singh, Inderjit & Squire, Lyn, 1981.
"A Model of an Agricultural Household in a Multi-Crop Economy: The Case of Korea,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(4), pages 520-525, November.
- Ahn, C.Y. & Singh, Inderjit & Squire, Lyn, 1979. "A Model of an Agricultural Household in a Multi-Crop Economy: the Case of Korea," 1979 Conference, September 3-12, 1979, Banff, Canada 182430, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Maurice Schiff, 1987. "A Structural View of Policy Issues in African Agricultural Development: Comment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 69(2), pages 384-388.
- Berthelemy, J. C. & Morrisson, C., 1987. "Manufactured goods supply and cash crops in sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(10-11), pages 1353-1367.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein, 1999. "Soil Erosion and Smallholders' Conservation Decisions in the Highlands of Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 739-752, April.
- Bagamba, Fredrick & Burger, Kees & Kuyvenhoven, Arie, 2007.
"Determinants of smallholder farmer labour allocation decisions in Uganda,"
106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France
7920, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bagamba, Fred & Burger, Kees & Kuyvenhoven, Arie, 2009. "Determinant of smallholder farmer labor allocation decisions in Uganda:," IFPRI discussion papers 887, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pinstrup-Andersen, Per, 1981. "Ex Ante Assessment of Consumption and Nutrition Effects of Agricultural Research," Evaluation of Agricultural Research, Proceedings of a Workshop, Minneapolis, MN, May 12-13, 1980, Miscellaneous Publication 8 49059, University of Minnesota, Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Jan Willem Gunning & Paul Collier, 1999. "Explaining African Economic Performance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 64-111, March.
- Musumba, Mark & Zhang, Yuquan W., 2016. "Implications of Seasonal Price and Productivity Changes at the Household Level in Uganda - A Heterogeneous Agent Approach," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 236282, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Abbott, Philip C., 2003. "Towards More Socially Responsible Cocoa Trade," Working Papers 14603, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Ghatak , Amrita & Madheswaran, S., 2013. "Impact of Health on Farm Production in West Bengal, India," Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 36(1), pages 55-78, March.
- Narayanan, Sudha & Gulati, Ashok, 2002. "Globalization and the smallholders," MTID discussion papers 50, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- James Roumasset, 2004.
"Rural Institutions, Agricultural Development, and Pro-Poor Economic Growth,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 1(1), pages 61-82, June.
- Roumasset, James, 2004. "Rural Institutions, Agricultural Development, and Pro-Poor Economic Growth," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-20, June.
- Mirzabaev, Alisher, 2015. "Impact of Agricultural Income Shocks due to Extreme Weather Events on the Food Security of the Poor in Central Asia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211575, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mesfin Bezuneh & Brady J. Deaton & George W. Norton, 1988. "Food Aid Impacts in Rural Kenya," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(1), pages 181-191.
- M. Branchi & G. Gabriele & V. Spiezia, 1999. "Traditional Agricultural Exports, External Dependency And Domestic Price Policies. African Coffee Exports In A Comparative Perspective," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 140, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- M. C. Lyne & G. F. Ortmann & N. Vink, 1991. "Food Security In Kwazulu: Results Of A Household‐Based Programming Model," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 43-55, January.
- Senauer, Benjamin, 1989. "Recent Evidence Concerning Household Behavior And Nutrition In Developing Countries," Staff Papers 14261, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Louis Putterman, 1995. "Social Capital and Development Capacity: The Example of Rural Tanzania," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 13(1), pages 5-22, March.
- Nestor Le Clech & Carmen Fillat‐Castejón, 2017. "International aggregate agricultural supply for grain and oilseed: The effects of efficiency and technological change," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(4), pages 569-585, September.
- Christophe Muller, 1992. "Estimation des consommations de producteurs agricoles d'Afrique centrale," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 105(4), pages 17-34.
- J. Taylor & Irma Adelman, 2003. "Agricultural Household Models: Genesis, Evolution, and Extensions," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 33-58, January.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Labor and Human Capital; Marketing;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ucbecw:198579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dabrkus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.