Bioenergy and rural development: The role of agroforestry in a Tanzanian village economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malik, Urooj S. & Ahmed, Mahfuz & Sombilla, Mercedita A. & Cueno, Sarah L., 2009. "Biofuels production for smallholder producers in the Greater Mekong Sub-region," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 58-68, November.
- Romijn, Henny A. & Caniëls, Marjolein C.J., 2011. "The Jatropha biofuels sector in Tanzania 2005-2009: Evolution towards sustainability?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 618-636, May.
- Manfred Lenzen & Roberto Schaeffer, 2004. "Environmental and Social Accounting for Brazil," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(2), pages 201-226, February.
- Grant J. Allan, 2015.
"The Regional Economic Impacts of Biofuels: A Review of Multisectoral Modelling Techniques and Evaluation of Applications,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(4), pages 615-643, April.
- Grant Allan, 2011. "The regional economic impacts of biofuels: A review of multisectoral modelling techniques and evaluation of applications," Working Papers 11-30, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Allan, Grant, 2012. "The regional economic impacts of biofuels: A review of multisectoral modelling techniques and evaluation of applications," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-58, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Allan, Grant, 2011. "The regional economic impacts of biofuels: A review of multisectoral modelling techniques and evaluation of applications," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-74, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Ellis, Frank & Kutengule, Milton & Nyasulu, Alfred, 2003. "Livelihoods and Rural Poverty Reduction in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1495-1510, September.
- Arndt, Channing & Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2012. "Biofuels and economic development: A computable general equilibrium analysis for Tanzania," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1922-1930.
- Winter, Etti Maria & Fasse, Anja, 2009. "Food Security, Energy Equity, and the Global Commons: a Computable Village Model applied to sub-Saharan Africa," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51683, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Breisinger, Clemens & Thomas, Marcelle & Thurlow, James, 2009. "Social accounting matrices and multiplier analysis: An introduction with exercises," Food security in practice technical guide series 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ellis, Frank & Mdoe, Ntengua, 2003. "Livelihoods and Rural Poverty Reduction in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1367-1384, August.
- Thurlow, James & Wobst, Peter, 2003. "Poverty-focused social accounting matrices for Tanzania," TMD discussion papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Faße, Anja & Grote, Ulrike, 2013. "The economic relevance of sustainable agroforestry practices — An empirical analysis from Tanzania," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 86-96.
- Amigun, B. & Sigamoney, R. & von Blottnitz, H., 2008. "Commercialisation of biofuel industry in Africa: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 690-711, April.
- Arndt, Channing & Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2010. "Biofuels and economic development in Tanzania," IFPRI discussion papers 966, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- van Eijck, Janske & Romijn, Henny, 2008. "Prospects for Jatropha biofuels in Tanzania: An analysis with Strategic Niche Management," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 311-325, January.
- Subramanian, Arjunan & Qaim, Matin, 2009. "Village-wide Effects of Agricultural Biotechnology: The Case of Bt Cotton in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 256-267, January.
- Deborah Roberts, 2005. "The role of households in sustaining rural economies: a structural path analysis," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 393-420, September.
- Zhang, Wei & Yu, Elaine A. & Rozelle, Scott & Yang, Jun & Msangi, Siwa, 2013. "The impact of biofuel growth on agriculture: Why is the range of estimates so wide?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 227-239.
- Ellis, Frank & Bahiigwa, Godfrey, 2003. "Livelihoods and Rural Poverty Reduction in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 997-1013, June.
- N. Lesca, 2010. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640602, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0694-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:11:p:3017-:d:235010 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:115:y:2018:i:c:p:631-643 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:157:y:2019:i:c:p:27-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- Djanibekov, Utkur & Finger, Robert & Guta, Dawit Diriba & Varun, Gaur & Mirzabaev, Alisher, 2016. "A generic model for analyzing nexus issues of households’ bioenergy use," Discussion Papers 230416, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Kathleen Brüssow & Anja Faße & Ulrike Grote, 2017.
"Implications of climate-smart strategy adoption by farm households for food security in Tanzania,"
Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food,
Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(6), pages 1203-1218, December.
- Brüssow, Kathleen & Faße, Anja & Grote, Ulrike, 2017. "Implications of climate-smart strategy adoption by farm households for food security in Tanzania," 57th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 13-15, 2017 262002, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2018:i:1:p:75-:d:192771 is not listed on IDEAS
- You, Jing & Kontoleon, Andreas & Wang, Sangui, 2015. "Identifying a Sustainable Pathway to Household Multi-dimensional Poverty Reduction in Rural China," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211865, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gronau, Steven & Winter, Etti, 2018. "Social Accounting Matrix: A user manual for village economies," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-636, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:165:y:2019:i:c:21 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNatural resource management; Multiplier analysis; Agroforestry; Bioenergy; Village economy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:106:y:2014:i:c:p:155-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.