Social Accounting Matrix: A user manual for village economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lewis, Blane D. & Thorbecke, Erik, 1992. "District-level economic linkages in Kenya: Evidence based on a small regional social accounting matrix," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 881-897, June.
- Parikh, Alka & Thorbecke, Erik, 1996. "Impact of Rural Industrialization on Village Life and Economy: A Social Accounting Matrix Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 351-377, January.
- Gelan, Ayele & Engida, Ermias & Caria, A. Stefano & Karugia, Joseph T., 2012. "Integrating livestock in the CAADP framework: Policy analysis using a dynamic computable general equilibrium model for Ethiopia [Research note]:," ESSP research notes 13, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Channing Arndt & William Farmer & Kenneth Strzepek & James Thurlow, 2012.
"Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security in Tanzania,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 378-393, August.
- Arndt, Channing & Strzepek, Ken & Thurlow, James, 2011. "Climate Change, Agriculture, and Food Security in Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 052, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Arndt, Channing & Farmer, William & Strzepek, Kenneth & Thurlow, James, 2012. "Climate change, agriculture and food security in Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6188, The World Bank.
- repec:taf:deveza:v:34:y:2017:i:3:p:276-294 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dan S. Rickman, 2010. "Modern Macroeconomics And Regional Economic Modeling," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 23-41, February.
- Luc Savard, 2003. "Poverty and Income Distribution in a CGE-Household Micro-Simulation Model: Top-Down/Bottom Up Approach," Cahiers de recherche 0343, CIRPEE.
- Mark Partridge & Dan Rickman, 2010.
"Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Modelling for Regional Economic Development Analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(10), pages 1311-1328.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2007. "CGE Modeling for Regional Economic Development Analysis," Economics Working Paper Series 0706, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Hartono, Djoni & Resosudarmo, Budy P., 2008.
"The economy-wide impact of controlling energy consumption in Indonesia: An analysis using a Social Accounting Matrix framework,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1404-1419, April.
- Djoni Hartono & Budy P. Resosudarmo, 2007. "The Economy-wide Impact of Controlling Energy Consumption in Indonesia: An Analysis Using a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Departmental Working Papers 2007-05, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Djoni Hartono & Budy P. Resosudarmo, 2007. "The Economy-wide Impact of Controlling Energy Consumption in Indonesia: An Analysis Using a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 200702, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Jan 2007.
- Faße, Anja & Winter, Etti & Grote, Ulrike, 2014. "Bioenergy and rural development: The role of agroforestry in a Tanzanian village economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 155-166.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2010. "The Global Food Crisis and Guatemala: What Crisis and for Whom?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1328-1339, September.
- Sherman Robinson & Andrea Cattaneo & Moataz El-Said, 2001.
"Updating and Estimating a Social Accounting Matrix Using Cross Entropy Methods,"
Economic Systems Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 47-64.
- Robinson, Sherman & Cattaneo, Andrea & El-Said, Moataz, 2000. "Updating and estimating a Social Accounting Matrix using cross entropy methods," TMD discussion papers 58, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Robinson, Sherman & Yunez-Naude, Antonio & Hinojosa-Ojeda, Raul & Lewis, Jeffrey D. & Devarajan, Shantayanan, 1999.
"From stylized to applied models:: Building multisector CGE models for policy analysis,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 5-38.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Lewis, Jeffrey & Robinson, S., 1991. "From Stylized to Applied Models: Building Multisector CGE Models for Policy Analysis," CUDARE Working Papers 198590, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Steven Haggblade & Jeffrey Hammer & Peter Hazell, 1991. "Modeling Agricultural Growth Multipliers," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(2), pages 361-374.
- Jon Barnes & James MacGregor & Olimpio Nhuleipo & Petrus Muteyauli, 2010. "The value of Namibia's forest resources: Preliminary economic asset and flow accounts," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 159-176.
- Angelsen, Arild & Jagger, Pamela & Babigumira, Ronnie & Belcher, Brian & Hogarth, Nicholas J. & Bauch, Simone & Börner, Jan & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Wunder, Sven, 2014. "Environmental Income and Rural Livelihoods: A Global-Comparative Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(S1), pages 12-28.
- Xinshen Diao & Adam Kennedy, 2016. "Economywide Impact of Maize Export Bans on Agricultural Growth and Household Welfare in Tanzania: A Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Model Analysis," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 34(1), pages 101-134, January.
- Jeffrey Round, 2003. "Constructing SAMs for Development Policy Analysis: Lessons Learned and Challenges Ahead," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 161-183.
- Rutherford, Thomas F., 1995. "Extension of GAMS for complementarity problems arising in applied economic analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1299-1324, November.
- Diao, Xinshen & Fekadu, Belay & Haggblade, Steven & Seyoum Taffesse, Alemayehu & Wamisho, Kassu & Yu, Bingxin, 2007. "Agricultural growth linkages in Ethiopia: Estimates using fixed and flexible price models," IFPRI discussion papers 695, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2007. "China's (uneven) progress against poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-42, January.
- Subramanian, Shankar & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1990. "The Transmission of Production Fluctuations and Technical Change in a Village Economy: A Social Accounting Matrix Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(1), pages 131-173, October.
- United Nations, 2014. "System of Environmental-Economic Accounting 2012," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 23959, September.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomas F., 2005. "Integrating Bottom-Up into Top-Down: A Mixed Complementarity Approach," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-28, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Frank Ackerman & Kevin Gallagher, 2008. "The Shrinking Gains from Global Trade Liberalization in Computable General Equilibrium Models: A Critical Assessment," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 50-77.
- Subramanian, Arjunan & Qaim, Matin, 2009. "Village-wide Effects of Agricultural Biotechnology: The Case of Bt Cotton in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 256-267, January.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Wheeler, David, 2005. "Where is the Poverty-Environment Nexus? Evidence from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 617-638, April.
- Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter, 1989. "Agricultural technology and farm-nonfarm growth linkages," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 345-364, December.
- Gelan, Ayele & Engida, Ermias & Caria, A. Stefano & Karugia, Joseph T., 2012. "Integrating livestock in the CAADP framework: Policy analysis using a dynamic computable general equilibrium model for Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 34, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsSocial accounting matrix; user manual; village economies; management tool; policy planning;
- A33 - General Economics and Teaching - - Multisubject Collective Works - - - Handbooks
- E16 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Social Accounting Matrix
- O21 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HME-2018-08-13 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:han:dpaper:dp-636. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Heidrich, Christian). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwhande.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.