Differences in Consumer Abstraction Levels as a Function of Risk Perception
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koert Van Ittersum & Matthew T. G. Meulenberg & Hans C. M. Van Trijp & Math J. J. M. Candel, 2007. "Consumers’ Appreciation of Regional Certification Labels: A Pan-European Study," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Houghton, J.R. & Rowe, G. & Frewer, L.J. & Van Kleef, E. & Chryssochoidis, G. & Kehagia, O. & Korzen-Bohr, S. & Lassen, J. & Pfenning, U. & Strada, A., 2008. "The quality of food risk management in Europe: Perspectives and priorities," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 13-26, February.
- Senauer, Benjamin, 2001. "The Food Consumer In The 21st Century: New Research Perspectives," Working Papers 14346, University of Minnesota, The Food Industry Center.
- Mario Mazzocchi & Alexandra Lobb & W. Bruce Traill & Alessio Cavicchi, 2008. "Food Scares and Trust: A European Study," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 2-24, February.
- L.J. Frewer & D. Hedderley & C. Howard & R. Shepherd, 1997. "‘Objection’ mapping in determining group and individual concerns regarding genetic engineering," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 14(1), pages 67-79, March.
- Walker, Beth A. & Olson, Jerry C., 1991. "Means-end chains: Connecting products with self," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 111-118, March.
- Jutta Roosen & Jayson L. Lusk & John A. Fox, 2003.
"Consumer demand for and attitudes toward alternative beef labeling strategies in France, Germany, and the UK,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(1), pages 77-90.
- Roosen, Jutta & Lusk, Jayson L. & Fox, John A., 2001. "Consumer Demand For And Attitudes Toward Alternative Beef Labeling Strategies In France, Germany, And The Uk," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20643, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ivo A. van der Lans & Koert van Ittersum & Antonella De Cicco, 2001. "The role of the region of origin and EU certificates of origin in consumer evaluation of food products," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(4), pages 451-478, December.
- Roland Herrmann & Stanley R. Thompson & Stephanie Krischik-Bautz, 2002. "Bovine spongiform encephalopathy and generic promotion of beef: An analysis for “quality from Bavaria”," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 369-385.
- Klaus G. Grunert, 2005. "Food quality and safety: consumer perception and demand," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 369-391, September.
- Gale E. West & Bruno Larue & Chedlia Touil & Shannon L. Scott, 2001. "The perceived importance of veal meat attributes in consumer choice decisions," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 365-382.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Julie A. Caswell, 2008. "Expanding the Focus of Cost-Benefit Analysis for Food Safety: A Multi-Factorial Risk Prioritization Approach," Working Papers 2008-8, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Resource Economics.
- Kahle, Lynn R & Beatty, Sharon E & Homer, Pamela, 1986. " Alternative Measurement Approaches to Consumer Values: The List of Values (LOV) and Values and Life Style (VALS)," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 405-409, December.
- Zanoli, Raffaele & Naspetti, Simona, 2002. "Consumer motivations in the purchase of organic food. A means-end approach," MPRA Paper 32712, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:61:y:2010:i:1:p:34-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.