Market Differentiation Potential of Country-of-origin, Quality and Traceability Labeling
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jill E. Hobbs & DeeVon Bailey & David L. Dickinson & Morteza Haghiri, 2005. "Traceability in the Canadian Red Meat Sector: Do Consumers Care?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 53(1), pages 47-65, March.
- Maria Luz Loureiro & Jill J. McCluskey, 2000. "Assessing consumer response to protected geographical identification labeling," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 309-320.
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Umberger, Wendy J., 2003. "Estimating Consumer Willingness to Pay for Country-of-Origin Labeling," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), August.
- Koert Van Ittersum & Matthew T. G. Meulenberg & Hans C. M. Van Trijp & Math J. J. M. Candel, 2007. "Consumers’ Appreciation of Regional Certification Labels: A Pan-European Study," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Colin Carter & Barry Krissoff & Alix Peterson Zwane, 2006. "Can Country-of-Origin Labeling Succeed as a Marketing Tool for Produce? Lessons from Three Case Studies," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(4), pages 513-530, December.
- Verbeke, W. & Ward, R. W. & Avermaete, T., 2002. "Evaluation of publicity measures relating to the EU beef labelling system in Belgium," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 339-353, August.
- Wim Verbeke, 2005. "Agriculture and the food industry in the information age," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 347-368, September.
- Becker, Tilman C., 2009.
"European Food Quality Policy: The Importance of Geographical Indications, Organic Certification and Food Quality Assurance Schemes in European Countries,"
Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy,
Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 10(1).
- Becker, Tilman C. & Staus, Alexander, 2008. "European food quality policy: the importance of geographical indications, organic certification and food quality insurance schemes in European countries," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44455, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Klaus G. Grunert, 2005. "Food quality and safety: consumer perception and demand," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 369-391, September.
- Jutta Roosen & Jayson L. Lusk & John A. Fox, 2003.
"Consumer demand for and attitudes toward alternative beef labeling strategies in France, Germany, and the UK,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(1), pages 77-90.
- Roosen, Jutta & Lusk, Jayson L. & Fox, John A., 2001. "Consumer Demand For And Attitudes Toward Alternative Beef Labeling Strategies In France, Germany, And The Uk," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20643, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Umberger, Wendy J., 2007. "A choice experiment model for beef: What US consumer responses tell us about relative preferences for food safety, country-of-origin labeling and traceability," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 496-514, August.
- repec:oup:revage:v:28:y:2006:i:2:p:284-292. is not listed on IDEAS
- Céline Bonnet, 2001. "Assessing consumer response to Protected Designation of Origin labelling: a mixed multinomial logit approach," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(4), pages 433-450, December.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Jason Brown & Tyler Mark & Idlir Proseku & Rachel Thompson & Jody Welsh, 2006.
"Consumer Behavior, Public Policy, and Country-of-Origin Labeling,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 284-292.
- Jayson L. Lusk & Jason Brown & Tyler Mark & Idlir Proseku & Rachel Thompson & Jody Welsh, 2006. "Consumer Behavior, Public Policy, and Country-of-Origin Labeling," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 284-292.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Carlucci, Domenico & De Devitiis, Biagia & Seccia, Antonio & Stasi, Antonio & Viscecchia, Rosaria & Nardone, Gianluca, 2017. "Emerging trends in European food, diets and food industry," MPRA Paper 82105, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lilavanichakul, Apichaya & Boecker, Andreas, 2013. "Consumer Acceptance of a New Traceability Technology: A Discrete Choice Application to Ontario Ginseng," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 16(4).
- Lagerkvist, Carl Johan & Hess, Sebastian, 2014. "Consumer acceptance of an EU/non-EU label of origin of beef: an analysis of attribute attendance in a discrete choice experiment," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182744, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Demont, Matty & Rutsaert, Pieter & Ndour, Maimouna & Verbeke, Wim, 2013. "Reversing Urban Bias in African Rice Markets: Evidence from Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 63-74.
- Egyir, Irene Susana & Adu-Nyako, Kofi & Okafor, Ralph, 2012. "The “Made in USA poultry label” and consumer choice in Ghana," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119745, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Salamon, Petra & Weible, Daniela & Weber, Sascha & Christoph-Schulz, Inken, 2016. "Pros and Cons of Introducing a Mandatory Country of Origin Labelling for Dairy Products in Germany," 2016 International European Forum, February 15-19, 2016, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 244520, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Keith Walley & Paul Custance & Tan Feng & Xu Yang & Li Cheng & Sandra Turner, 2014. "The Influence of Country of Origin on Chinese Food Consumers," Transnational Marketing Journal, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 2(2), pages 78-98, October.
- Balcombe, Kelvin & Bradley, Dylan & Fraser, Iain & Hussein, Mohamud, 2016. "Consumer preferences regarding country of origin for multiple meat products," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 49-62.
- Verbeke, Wim & Pieniak, Zuzanna & Guerrero, Luis & Hersleth, Margrethe, 2012. "Consumersâ€™ Awareness and Attitudinal Determinants of European Union Quality Label Use on Traditional Foods," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 2, August.
- Verena Otter & Bianca Prechtel & Ludwig Theuvsen, 2014. "The Country-of-Origin Effect for Chocolate made from Ecuadorian Cocoa: An Empirical Analysis of Consumer Perceptions," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 16(3), pages 43-60.
- Otter, Verena & Prechtel, Bianca & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2014. "Der Country-Of-Origin-Effekt In Der Wahrnehmung Deutscher Verbraucher Von Schokolade Aus Ecuadorianischem Kakao: Herkunftsangaben Als Differenzierungspotential Für Lebensmittel Aus Außereuropäischen L," Discussion Papers 168526, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Herrmann, Roland & Marauhn, Thilo & Teuber, Ramona, 2008. "Der Schutz geographischer Herkunftsangaben: Herausforderungen fÃ¼r agrarÃ¶konomische, rechtswissenschaftliche und interdisziplinÃ¤re Forschung," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 57(7).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:93-104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bošková, Iveta & Ratinger, Tomáš & Kličková, Kristýna, 2016. "The food industry structure under the effect of increasing number of regional products and small processing entities in the Czech Republic," 149th Seminar, October 27-28, 2016, Rennes, France 244898, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bremmers, Harry J., 2012. "An Integrated Analysis of Food Information to Consumers: Problems, Pitfalls, Policies and Progress," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144985, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Bremmers, Harry J. & van der Meulen, Bernd M.J. & Sredojevi, Zorica & Wijnands, Jo H.M., 2012. "Legal-Economic Barriers to Price Transfers in Food Supply Chains," APSTRACT: Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, AGRIMBA, vol. 6.
- Chen, Xianwen & Alfnes , Frode & Rickertsen , Kyrre, 2015. "Labeling Farmed Seafood," Working Paper Series 10-2015, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, School of Economics and Business.
- Leidy K. García-Díaz & Wílmer S. Sepúlveda, 2013. "Variables sociodemográficas asociadas con la valoración de las indicaciones geográficas como herramienta de diferenciación de la producción agroalimentaria," REVISTA LEBRET, UNIVERSIDAD SANTO TOMAS - BUCARAMANGA, December.
- Lorenz, Bettina A. & Hartmann, Monika & Simons, Johannes, 2014. "Impacts from Region-of-Origin Labeling on Consumer Product Perception and Purchasing Intention – Causal Relationships in a TPB based Model," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182975, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ruth, Taylor K. & Rumble, Joy N. & Settle, Quisto, 2016. "Narrowing the Gap: Preference and Awareness of Florida Strawberries," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 47(2), July.
- Alexander E. Saak, 2011.
"A Model of Labeling with Horizontal Differentiation and Cost Variability,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1131-1150.
- Saak, Alexander E., 2011. "A Model of Labeling with Horizontal Differentiation and Cost Variability," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103540, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Saak, Alexander, 2011. "A model of labeling with horizontal differentiation and cost variability:," IFPRI discussion papers 1075, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bremmers, Harry J. & van der Meulen, Bernd, 2013. "Opportunities, problems and pitfalls of nutrition and health claims," APSTRACT: Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, AGRIMBA, vol. 7(2-3).
- Viegas, Ines & Santos, Jose Manuel Lima & Fontes, Magda Aguiar, 2011. "Joint Production of Safer, Cleaner and Animal Friendlier Beef: Do Consumers Join it Too? - Insights from Focus Groups," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115551, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer; country of origin; labeling; quality; traceability; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; International Relations/Trade;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ecjilt:48790. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esteyca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.