Why Might Organic Labels Fail to Influence Consumer Choices? Marginal Labelling and Brand Equity Effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Chung L, 1996. "Consumer Preferences and Attitudes towards Organically Grown Produce," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 331-342.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5475 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-483, December.
- Broniarczyk, Susan M & Alba, Joseph W, 1994. " The Role of Consumers' Intuitions in Inference Making," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 393-407, December.
- Jutta Roosen & Jayson L. Lusk & John A. Fox, 2003.
"Consumer demand for and attitudes toward alternative beef labeling strategies in France, Germany, and the UK,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(1), pages 77-90.
- Roosen, Jutta & Lusk, Jayson L. & Fox, John A., 2001. "Consumer Demand For And Attitudes Toward Alternative Beef Labeling Strategies In France, Germany, And The Uk," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20643, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Golan, Elise H. & Kuchler, Fred & Mitchell, Lorraine, 2000. "Economics Of Food Labeling," Agricultural Economics Reports 34069, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- McGarry Wolf, Marianne & Butler, Leslie J. & Martin, Adam J. & Foltz, Jeremy D., 2009. "Factors Influencing the Purchase Decision for Milk Labelled rBST-free and Organic," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-5, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13919 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zanoli, Raffaele & Naspetti, Simona, 2002. "Consumer motivations in the purchase of organic food. A means-end approach," MPRA Paper 32712, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pearce, David W, 1991. "The Role of Carbon Taxes in Adjusting to Global Warming," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 938-948, July.
- Gary D. Thompson, 1998. "Consumer Demand for Organic Foods: What We Know and What We Need to Know," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1113-1118.
- Gabriele Jahn & Matthias Schramm & Achim Spiller, 2005. "The Reliability of Certification: Quality Labels as a Consumer Policy Tool," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 53-73, December.
- Kardes, Frank R, 1988. " Spontaneous Inference Processes in Advertising: The Effects of Conclusion Omission and Involvement on Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 225-233, September.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
- Birger Wernerfelt, 1988. "Umbrella Branding as a Signal of New Product Quality: An Example of Signalling by Posting a Bond," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 458-466, Autumn.
- Kirmani, Amna & Wright, Peter, 1989. " Money Talks: Perceived Advertising Expense and Expected Product Quality," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 344-353, December.
- Tansev Geylani & J. Jeffrey Inman & Frenkel Ter Hofstede, 2008. "Image Reinforcement or Impairment: The Effects of Co-Branding on Attribute Uncertainty," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 730-744, 07-08.
- Rao, Akshay R & Monroe, Kent B, 1988. " The Moderating Effect of Prior Knowledge on Cue Utilization in Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 253-264, September.
- Klaus G. Grunert, 2005. "Food quality and safety: consumer perception and demand," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 369-391, September.
- Lebar, Ed & Buehler, Phil & Keller, Kevin Lane & Sawicka, Monika & Aksehirli, Zeynep & Richey, Keith, 2005. "Brand Equity Implications of Joint Branding Programs," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(04), pages 413-425, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ishaq, Muhammad Ishtiaq & Hussain, Nazia & Asim, Ali Ijaz & Cheema, Luqman J., 2014. "Valor da marca na indústria hoteleira paquistanesa," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 54(3), May.
- Christoph Müller & Hansjörg Gaus, 2015. "Consumer Response to Negative Media Information About Certified Organic Food Products," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 387-409, December.
- Debra Riley & Peter Martins da Silva & Sabrina Behr, 2015. "The Impact of Packaging Design on Health Product Perceptions," International Conference on Marketing and Business Development Journal, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 81-89, July.
- repec:kap:jcopol:v:40:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10603-017-9355-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Cosmina Bradu & Jacob Orquin & John Thøgersen, 2014. "The Mediated Influence of a Traceability Label on Consumer’s Willingness to Buy the Labelled Product," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 124(2), pages 283-295, October.
- Eva Tebbe & Korbinian von Blanckenburg, 2018.
"Does willingness to pay increase with the number and strictness of sustainability labels?,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Tebbe, Eva & von Blanckenburg, Korbinian, 2017. "Does willingness to pay increase with the number and strictness of sustainability labels?," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145556, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:83:y:2018:i:c:p:186-201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gumirakiza, Jean Dominique & VanZee, Sarah, 2018. "The Most Important Food Labels among Online Shoppers when Shopping for Fresh Produce," 2018 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2018, Jacksonville, Florida 266683, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Guzhen Zhou & Wuyang Hu & Wenchao Huang, 2016. "Are Consumers Willing to Pay More for Sustainable Products? A Study of Eco-Labeled Tuna Steak," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-18, May.
- Anna Paola Antonazzo & Mariantonietta Fiore & Piermichele La Sala & Francesco Contò, 2015. "Assessing perceptions of wine tourists on organic wine," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 17(2), pages 57-76.
- Chia-Lin Lee, 2014. "Is Co-Branding a Double-Edged Sword for Brand Partners?," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 19-34.
More about this item
KeywordsOrganic label . Brand equity . Label equity . Cobranding . Perceived quality;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-04-10 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-MKT-2012-04-10 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00656485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.