The Benefits and Costs of Group Affiliation: Evidence from East Asia
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raja Kali & Jayati Sarkar, 2005. "Diversification, propping and monitoring: Business groups, firm performance and the Indian economic transition," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2005-006, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- BEUSELINCK, Christof & DELOOF, Marc, "undated". "Bussiness groups, taxes and accruals management," Working Papers 2006015, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Back, Yujin & Praveen Parboteeah, K. & Nam, Dae-il, 2014. "Innovation in Emerging Markets: The Role of Management Consulting Firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 390-405.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:rss:jnljms:v7i6p5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Almeida, Heitor & Park, Sang Yong & Subrahmanyam, Marti G. & Wolfenzon, Daniel, 2011. "The structure and formation of business groups: Evidence from Korean chaebols," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 447-475, February.
- Kali, Raja & Sarkar, Jayati, 2011. "Diversification and tunneling: Evidence from Indian business groups," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 349-367, September.
- Gonenc, Halit & Hermes, Niels, 2008. "Propping: Evidence from new share issues of Turkish business group firms," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 261-275, July.
- Kang, Minjung & Lee, Ho-Young & Lee, Myung-Gun & Park, Jong Chool, 2014. "The association between related-party transactions and control–ownership wedge: Evidence from Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 272-296.
- Byun, Hae-Young & Choi, Sunhwa & Hwang, Lee-Seok & Kim, Robert G., 2013. "Business group affiliation, ownership structure, and the cost of debt," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 311-331.
- Ng Sin Huei, 2014. "How Does Group Affiliation Affect The Diversification Performance Of Family-Controlled Firms In Malaysia? â€“ A Governance Perspective," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 10(2), pages 81-115.
- Leano,Miguel & Pedraza Morales,Alvaro Enrique, 2016. "Informed trading in business groups, ownership concentration, and market liquidity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7688, The World Bank.
- Liu-Ching Tsai & Chaur-Shiuh Young & Hui-Wen Hsu, 2011. "Entrenched controlling shareholders and the performance consequences of corporate diversification in Taiwan," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 105-126, July.
- George, Rejie & Kabir, Rezaul, 2008.
"Business groups and profit redistribution: A boon or bane for firms?,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 1004-1014, September.
- George, R. & Kabir, M.R. & Douma, S.W., 2004. "Business Groups and Profit Redistribution : A Boon or Bane for Firms," Discussion Paper 2004-124, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gutiérrez, Luis H. & Pombo, Carlos, 2009.
"Corporate ownership and control contestability in emerging markets: The case of Colombia,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 112-139.
- Gutiérrez, Luis & Pombo, Carlos, 2007. "Corporate ownership and control contestability in emerging markets: the case of Colombia," Galeras. Working Papers Series 016, Universidad de Los Andes. Facultad de Administración. School of Management.
- Kim, In Joon & Eppler-Kim, Jiyeon & Kim, Wi Saeng & Byun, Suk Joon, 2010. "Foreign investors and corporate governance in Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 390-402, September.
- Lensink, Robert & van der Molen, Remco, 2010. "Does group affiliation increase firm value for diversified groups?: New evidence from Indian companies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 332-344, June.
- González, Maximiliano & Guzmán, Alexander & Pombo, Carlos & Trujillo, María-Andrea, 2012.
"Family firms and financial performance: The cost of growing,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 626-649.
- González, Maximiliano & Guzmán, Alexander & Pombo, Carlos & Trujillo, María Andréa, 2011. "Family Firms and Financial Performance: The Cost of Growing," Galeras. Working Papers Series 032, Universidad de Los Andes. Facultad de Administración. School of Management.
- repec:eee:empfin:v:46:y:2018:i:c:p:56-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bennedsen, Morten & Kongsted, Hans Christian & Nielsen, Kasper Meisner, 2008. "The causal effect of board size in the performance of small and medium-sized firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1098-1109, June.
- Martin Holmén & Peter Högfeldt, 2009. "Pyramidal Discounts: Tunneling or Overinvestment?-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 9(1-2), pages 133-175.
- Saibal Ghosh, 2010.
"Affiliation And Firm Performance: Evidence From Indian Business Groups,"
University of Manchester, vol. 78(3), pages 183-200, June.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2010. "Affiliation and Firm Performance: Evidence from Indian Business Groups," MPRA Paper 24291, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:50:y:2018:i:c:p:371-387 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gugler, Klaus & Ivanova, Natalia & Zechner, Josef, 2014. "Ownership and control in Central and Eastern Europe," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 145-163.
- Brahmana, Rayenda Khresna & Setiawan, Doddy & Hooy, Chee Wooi, 2014. "Diversification strategy, Ownership Structure, and Firm Value: a study of public‐listed firms in Indonesia," MPRA Paper 64607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:5:p:1082-1100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Piruna Polsiri & Kingkarn Sookhanaphibarn, 2009. "Corporate Distress Prediction Models Using Governance and Financial Variables: Evidence from Thai Listed Firms during the East Asian Economic Crisis," Journal of Economics and Management, College of Business, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, vol. 5(2), pages 273-304, July.
- Beuselinck, Christof & Deloof, Marc, 2014. "Earnings Management in Business Groups: Tax Incentives or Expropriation Concealment?," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 27-52.
- Stijn Claessens & Joseph P. H. Fan, 2002. "Corporate Governance in Asia: A Survey," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 3(2), pages 71-103.
- Bing Ren & Kevin Au & Thomas Birtch, 2009. "China’s business network structure during institutional transitions," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 219-240, June.
- Yan-Leung Cheung & In-Mu Haw & Weiqiang Tan & Wenming Wang, 2014. "Board Structure and Intragroup Propping: Evidence from Family Business Groups in Hong Kong," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(3), pages 569-601, September.
- Martua Eliakim Tambunan & Hermanto Siregar & Adler Haymans Manurung & Dominicus Savio Priyarsono, 2017. "Related Party Transactions and Firm Value in the Business Groups in the Indonesia Stock Exchange," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 7(3), pages 1-1.
- Panagiotis Avramidis & Ioannis Asimakopoulos & Dimitris Malliaropulos & Nickolaos G. Travlos, 2017. "Group affiliation in periods of credit contraction and bank’s reaction: evidence from the Greek crisis," Working Papers 237, Bank of Greece.
- Raveendra Chittoor & Prashant Kale & Phanish Puranam, 2015. "Business groups in developing capital markets: Towards a complementarity perspective," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(9), pages 1277-1296, September.
- repec:eee:jocaae:v:11:y:2015:i:2:p:121-137 is not listed on IDEAS
- David H. Downs & Joseph T. L. Ooi & Woei-Chyuan Wong & S. E. Ong, 2016. "Related Party Transactions and Firm Value: Evidence from Property Markets in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 52(4), pages 408-427, May.
- Almeida, Heitor & Wolfenzon, Daniel, 2006. "Should business groups be dismantled? The equilibrium costs of efficient internal capital markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 99-144, January.
- Emiliano Carlo, 2014. "Pyramids and the separation between direction and control of non-financial Italian family companies," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(3), pages 835-872, August.
- Svetlana Grigorieva & Georgii Gorbatov, 2015. "Puzzle of Corporate Diversification Efficiency in Bric Countries," HSE Working papers WP BRP 47/FE/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- He, Qing & Lu, Liping & Ongena, Steven, 2015.
"Who gains from credit granted between firms? Evidence from inter-corporate loan announcements made in China,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
1/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- He, Qing & Lu, Liping & Ongena, Steven, 2016. "Who gains from credit granted between firms? Evidence from inter-corporate loan announcements made in China," CFS Working Paper Series 529, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Chou, Hsin-I & Chung, Huimin & Yin, Xiangkang, 2013. "Attendance of board meetings and company performance: Evidence from Taiwan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4157-4171.
- Richard W. Carney & Travers Barclay Child, 2015. "Business Networks and Crisis Performance: Professional, Political, and Family Ties," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-135/V, Tinbergen Institute, revised 20 Feb 2015.
- Ko, Hin-cheung Annie & Tong, Yixing (Jamie) & Zhang, Feida (Frank) & Zheng, Guojian, 2016. "Corporate governance, product market competition and managerial incentives: Evidence from four Pacific Basin countries," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 491-502.
- Peng, Winnie Qian & Wei, K.C. John & Yang, Zhishu, 2011. "Tunneling or propping: Evidence from connected transactions in China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 306-325, April.
- Berhanu Abegaz, 2005. "The Diversified Business Group as an Innovative Organizational Model for Large State-Enterprise Reform in China and Vietnam," Working Papers 13, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:49:y:2017:i:c:p:422-436 is not listed on IDEAS