Corporate Governance and Accounting Conservatism: Moderating role of Audit Quality and Disclosure Quality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Claessens, Stijn & Fan, Joseph P.H. & Lang, Larry H.P., 2006.
"The benefits and costs of group affiliation: Evidence from East Asia,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Claessens, Stijn & Fan, Joseph P.H. & Lang, Larry, 2002. "The Benefits and Costs of Group Affiliation: Evidence from East Asia," CEPR Discussion Papers 3364, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stijn Claessens & Joseph P. H. Fan & Larry H. P. Lang, 2002. "The Benefits and Costs of Group Affiliation: Evidence from East Asia," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2002-47, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cheung, Yan-Leung & Jiang, Ping & Tan, Weiqiang, 2010. "A transparency Disclosure Index measuring disclosures: Chinese listed companies," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 259-280, June.
- Mohammad Badrul Muttakin & Arifur Khan & Dessalegn Getie Mihret, 2017. "Business Group Affiliation, Earnings Management and Audit Quality: Evidence from Bangladesh," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(4/5), pages 427-444, April.
- Wendy Beekes & Peter Pope & Steven Young, 2004. "The Link Between Earnings Timeliness, Earnings Conservatism and Board Composition: evidence from the UK," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 47-59, January.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Juan Manuel García Lara & Beatriz García Osma & Fernando Penalva, 2009.
"The Economic Determinants of Conditional Conservatism,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3‐4), pages 336-372, April.
- Juan Manuel García Lara & Beatriz García Osma & Fernando Penalva, 2009. "The Economic Determinants of Conditional Conservatism," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3-4), pages 336-372.
- Jere R. Francis & Dechun Wang, 2008. "The Joint Effect of Investor Protection and Big 4 Audits on Earnings Quality around the World," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 25(1), pages 157-191, March.
- Basu, Sudipta, 1997. "The conservatism principle and the asymmetric timeliness of earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 3-37, December.
- Ball, Ray & Shivakumar, Lakshmanan, 2005. "Earnings quality in UK private firms: comparative loss recognition timeliness," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 83-128, February.
- Michael N. Young & Mike W. Peng & David Ahlstrom & Garry D. Bruton & Yi Jiang, 2008. "Corporate Governance in Emerging Economies: A Review of the Principal–Principal Perspective," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 196-220, January.
- Yadong Luo & Rosalie L Tung, 2007. "International expansion of emerging market enterprises: A springboard perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 481-498, July.
- Lennox, Clive, 2005. "Audit quality and executive officers' affiliations with CPA firms," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 201-231, June.
- Beatty, Anne & Weber, Joseph & Yu, Jeff Jiewei, 2008. "Conservatism and Debt," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 154-174, August.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & Duellman, Scott, 2007. "Accounting conservatism and board of director characteristics: An empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 411-437, July.
- Helen Kang & Mandy Cheng & Sidney J. Gray, 2007. "Corporate Governance and Board Composition: diversity and independence of Australian boards," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 194-207, March.
- Khalid Latif & Arshad Ali Bhatti & Abdul Raheman, 2017. "Earnings Quality: A Missing Link between Corporate Governance and Firm Value," Business & Economic Review, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan, vol. 9(2), pages 255-280, June.
- Richard Chung & Michael Firth & Jeong-Bon Kim, 2003. "Auditor conservatism and reported earnings," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 19-32.
- Akinobu Shuto & Tomomi Takada, 2010. "Managerial Ownership and Accounting Conservatism in Japan: A Test of Management Entrenchment Effect," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(7-8), pages 815-840.
- Zhang, Jieying, 2008. "The contracting benefits of accounting conservatism to lenders and borrowers," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 27-54, March.
- Roszaini Haniffa & Mohammad Hudaib, 2006. "Corporate Governance Structure and Performance of Malaysian Listed Companies," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7-8), pages 1034-1062.
- Tamer Elshandidy & Ahmed Hassanein, 2014. "Do IFRS and board of directors' independence affect accounting conservatism?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(16), pages 1091-1102, August.
More about this item
KeywordsAccounting Conservatism; Audit Quality; Corporate Governance; Disclosure Quality.;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G39 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bec:imsber:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:123-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Attaullah Shah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imspepk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.