Inside Concentrated Owners, Board Of Directors And Accounting Conservatism
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in ASBES 2011 Proceeding, Oct 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.internationalconference.com.my/proceeding.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen P. Ferris & Murali Jagannathan & A. C. Pritchard, 2003. "Too Busy to Mind the Business? Monitoring by Directors with Multiple Board Appointments," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1087-1112, 06.
- Roychowdhury, Sugata & Watts, Ross L., 2007. "Asymmetric timeliness of earnings, market-to-book and conservatism in financial reporting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 2-31, September.
- Eliezer M. Fich & Anil Shivdasani, 2006. "Are Busy Boards Effective Monitors?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(2), pages 689-724, 04.
- John C. Driscoll & Aart C. Kraay, 1998. "Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation With Spatially Dependent Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 549-560, November.
- Lukas Setia-Atmaja, 2010. "Dividend and debt policies of family controlled firms: The impact of board independence," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 128-142, April.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995.
"A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Matthew A. Rutherford & Ann K. Buchholtz, 2007. "Investigating the Relationship Between Board Characteristics and Board Information," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 576-584, 07.
- Megumi Suto, 2003. "Capital Structure and Investment Behaviour of Malaysian Firms in the 1990s: a study of corporate governance before the crisis," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 25-39, 01.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521842112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bushman, Robert M. & Smith, Abbie J., 2001. "Financial accounting information and corporate governance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 237-333, December.
- Ryan Lafond & Sugata Roychowdhury, 2008. "Managerial Ownership and Accounting Conservatism," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 101-135, 03.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & Duellman, Scott, 2007. "Accounting conservatism and board of director characteristics: An empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 411-437, July.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986.
"Large Shareholders and Corporate Control,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-88, June.
- Qi Chen & Thomas Hemmer & Yun Zhang, 2007. "On the Relation between Conservatism in Accounting Standards and Incentives for Earnings Management," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 541-565, 06.
- Wendy Beekes & Peter Pope & Steven Young, 2004. "The Link Between Earnings Timeliness, Earnings Conservatism and Board Composition: evidence from the UK," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 47-59, 01.
- Christina Dargenidou & Stuart McLeay & Ivana Raonic, 2007. "Ownership, Investor Protection and Earnings Expectations," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1-2), pages 247-268.
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Daouk, Hazem & Welker, Michael, 2003. "The World Price of Earnings Opacity," Working Papers 127185, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Fan, Joseph P. H. & Wong, T. J., 2002. "Corporate ownership structure and the informativeness of accounting earnings in East Asia," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 401-425, August.
- William Brown & Haihong He & Karen Teitel, 2006. "Conditional Conservatism and the Value Relevance of Accounting Earnings: An International Study," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 605-626.
- Zhang, Jieying, 2008. "The contracting benefits of accounting conservatism to lenders and borrowers," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 27-54, March.
- Roszaini Haniffa & Mohammad Hudaib, 2006. "Corporate Governance Structure and Performance of Malaysian Listed Companies," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7-8), pages 1034-1062.
- Hui, Kai Wai & Matsunaga, Steve & Morse, Dale, 2009. "The impact of conservatism on management earnings forecasts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 192-207, June.
- Ball, Ray & Robin, Ashok & Wu, Joanna Shuang, 2003. "Incentives versus standards: properties of accounting income in four East Asian countries," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-3), pages 235-270, December.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Lang, Larry H. P., 2000. "The separation of ownership and control in East Asian Corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 81-112.
- Daniel Hoechle, 2007. "Robust standard errors for panel regressions with cross-sectional dependence," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(3), pages 281-312, September.
- Givoly, Dan & Hayn, Carla, 2000. "The changing time-series properties of earnings, cash flows and accruals: Has financial reporting become more conservative?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 287-320, June.
- Nikos Vafeas, 2003. "Length of Board Tenure and Outside Director Independence," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30, pages 1043-1064.
- A. Burak Güner & Ulrike Malmendier & Geoffrey Tate, 2006.
"Financial Expertise of Directors,"
NBER Working Papers
11914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francis, Jere R. & Martin, Xiumin, 2010. "Acquisition profitability and timely loss recognition," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1-2), pages 161-178, February.
- Jay Dahya & Orlin Dimitrov & John J. McConnell, 2009. "Does Board Independence Matter in Companies with a Controlling Shareholder?," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 21(1), pages 67-78.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
- Agrawal, Anup & Chadha, Sahiba, 2005. "Corporate Governance and Accounting Scandals," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 371-406, October.
- Ray Ball & Lakshmanan Shivakumar, 2006. "The Role of Accruals in Asymmetrically Timely Gain and Loss Recognition," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 207-242, 05.
- On Kit Tam & Monica Guo-Sze Tan, 2007. "Ownership, Governance and Firm Performance in Malaysia," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 208-222, 03.
- Juan Manuel Garcia Lara & Beatriz Garcia Osma & Fernando Penalva, 2007. "Board of Directors' Characteristics and Conditional Accounting Conservatism: Spanish Evidence," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 727-755.
- Chandrasekhar Krishnamurti & Aleksandar Sěvić & Željo Šević, 2005. "Legal Environment, Firm-level Corporate Governance and Expropriation of Minority Shareholders in Asia," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 85-111, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cms:1asb11:2011-053-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ihfal)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.