A Comparison of U.S. and European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A. Bellucci & L. Pennacchio, 2016.
"University knowledge and firm innovation: evidence from European countries,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 730-752, August.
- Andrea Bellucci & Luca Pennacchio, 2014. "University knowledge and firm innovation. Evidence from European countries," IAW Discussion Papers 113, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Abdelillah HAMDOUCH, 2008. "Conceptualizing innovation clusters and networks," Working Papers 3, Réseau de Recherche sur l’Innovation. / Research Network on Innovation.
- Abbasi, Alireza & Hossain, Liaquat & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2012. "Betweenness centrality as a driver of preferential attachment in the evolution of research collaboration networks," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 403-412.
- Walter Powell & Kenneth Koput & James Bowie & Laurel Smith-Doerr, 2002. "The Spatial Clustering of Science and Capital: Accounting for Biotech Firm-Venture Capital Relationships," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 291-305.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Morrison, Andrea & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2010. "Who are the researchers that are collaborating with industry? An analysis of the wine sectors in Chile, South Africa and Italy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 748-761, July.
- Kamuriwo, Dzidziso Samuel & Baden-Fuller, Charles, 2016. "Knowledge integration using product R&D outsourcing in biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 1031-1045.
- Vesna Vlaisavljevic & Carmen Cabello Medina & Ana Pérez-Luño, 2014. "Does The Diversity Of Partners In Alliances Guarantees Innovation Performance? The Influence Of Social Capital And Knowledge Codifiability On Such Relationship," Working Papers 14.01, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Business Organization and Marketing (former Department of Business Administration).
- Marra, Alessandro & Antonelli, Paola & Pozzi, Cesare, 2017. "Emerging green-tech specializations and clusters – A network analysis on technological innovation at the metropolitan level," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 1037-1046.
- Finn Valentin & Rasmus Jensen, 2007. "Effects on academia-industry collaboration of extending university property rights," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 251-276, June.
- Ugo Pagano & Maria Rossi, 2004. "Incomplete Contracts, Intellectual Property and Institutional Complementarities," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 55-76, July.
- Narayanan, V.K. & Yang, Yi & Zahra, Shaker A., 2009. "Corporate venturing and value creation: A review and proposed framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 58-76, February.
- Abbasi, Alireza & Altmann, Jörn & Hossain, Liaquat, 2011.
"Identifying the effects of co-authorship networks on the performance of scholars: A correlation and regression analysis of performance measures and social network analysis measures,"
Journal of Informetrics,
Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 594-607.
- Alireza Abbasi & Jorn Altmann & Liaquat Hossain, 2011. "Identifying the Effects of Co-Authorship Networks on the Performance of Scholars: A Correlation and Regression Analysis of Performance Measures and Social Network Analysis Measures," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201176, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Jun 2011.
- Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Thoma, Grid, 2007. "Institutional complementarity and inventive performance in nano science and technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 813-831, July.
- Weiping Wu, 2005. "Dynamic cities and creative clusters," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3509, The World Bank.
- Charles T. Clotfelter, 2010. "Introduction to "American Universities in a Global Market"," NBER Chapters,in: American Universities in a Global Market, pages 1-29 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans Gersbach & Gerhard Sorger & Christian Amon, 2009.
"Hierarchical Growth: Basic and Applied Research,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
09/118, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Amon, Christian & Gersbach, Hans & Sorger, Gerhard, 2010. "Hierarchical Growth: Basic and Applied Research," CEPR Discussion Papers 7950, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hans Gersbach & Gerhard Sorger & Christian Amon, 2009. "Hirarchical Growth: Basic and Applied Research," Vienna Economics Papers 0912, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Järvinen, Joonas & Lamberg, Juha-Antti & Pietinalho, Lauri, 2012. "The fall and the fragmentation of national clusters: Cluster evolution in the paper and pulp industry," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 218-241.
- Frank Van Oort & Roderik Ponds & Koen Frenken, 2006. "The Geographical and Institutional Proximity of Scientific Collaboration Networks," ERSA conference papers ersa06p762, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:2:p:440-461 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cantner, Uwe & Graf, Holger, 2006.
"The network of innovators in Jena: An application of social network analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 463-480, May.
- Uwe Cantner & Holger Graf, 2004. "The Network of Innovators in Jena: An Application of Social Network Analysis," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 04/2004, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- repec:spr:scient:v:103:y:2015:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-015-1560-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Audretsch & Taylor Aldridge, 2012. "Transnational social capital and scientist entrepreneurship," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(3), pages 369-376, August.
- Dahlia K. Remler & Elda Pema, 2009. "Why do Institutions of Higher Education Reward Research While Selling Education?," NBER Working Papers 14974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mats Wilhelmsson, 2009. "The spatial distribution of inventor networks," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 645-668, September.
- Arianna Martinelli & Martin Meyer & Nick Tunzelmann, 2008. "Becoming an entrepreneurial university? A case study of knowledge exchange relationships and faculty attitudes in a medium-sized, research-oriented university," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 259-283, June.
- Kato, Masatoshi & Odagiri, Hiroyuki, 2012.
"Development of university life-science programs and university–industry joint research in Japan,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 939-952.
- Masatoshi Kato & Hiroyuki Odagiri, 2010. "Development of University Life-Science Programs and University-Industry Joint Research in Japan," Discussion Paper Series 67, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Dec 2010.
- Kato, Masatoshi & Odagiri, Hiroyuki, 2010. "Development of University Life-Science Programs and University-Industry Joint Research in Japan," CEI Working Paper Series 2010-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Baba, Yasunori & Shichijo, Naohiro & Sedita, Silvia Rita, 2009. "How do collaborations with universities affect firms' innovative performance? The role of "Pasteur scientists" in the advanced materials field," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 756-764, June.
- Laursen, Keld & Salter, Ammon, 2004. "Searching high and low: what types of firms use universities as a source of innovation?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1201-1215, October.
- Morescalchi, Andrea & Pammolli, Fabio & Penner, Orion & Petersen, Alexander M. & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2015.
"The evolution of networks of innovators within and across borders: Evidence from patent data,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 651-668.
- Andrea Morescalchi & Fabio Pammolli & Orion Penner & Alexander M. Petersen & Massimo Riccaboni, 2014. "The evolution of networks of innovators within and across borders: Evidence from patent data," Working Papers 1/2014, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jan 2014.
- Sofka, Wolfgang & Aschhoff, Birgit, 2008.
"Successful Patterns of Scientific Knowledge Sourcing: Mix and Match,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
08-033, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Aschhoff, Birgit & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2008. "Successful Patterns of Scientific Knowledge Sourcing: Mix and Match," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-033 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Katia Angué & Ulrike Mayrhofer, 2009. "Does Distance still Matter in Intra-European Partnerships? An Analysis of R&D Cooperation in Biotechnology," Post-Print halshs-00690208, HAL.
- repec:spr:scient:v:98:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1040-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:93:y:2012:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0823-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10961-016-9490-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philip Cooke & Dan Kaufmann & Chen Levin & Rob Wilson, 2006. "‘The Biosciences Knowledge Value Chain and Comparative Incubation Models’," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 115-129, January.
- Schøtt, Thomas & Jensen, Kent Wickstrøm, 2016. "Firms’ innovation benefiting from networking and institutional support: A global analysis of national and firm effects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 1233-1246.
- Mehmet Ali Koseoglu, 2016. "Mapping the institutional collaboration network of strategic management research: 1980–2014," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 109(1), pages 203-226, October.
- Holger Graf & Martin Kalthaus, 2016. "International Research Networks: Determinants of Country Embeddedness," Jena Economic Research Papers 2016-016, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Roediger-Schluga, Thomas & Dachs, Bernhard, 2006. "Does technology affect network structure? - A quantitative analysis of collaborative research projects in two specific EU programmes," MERIT Working Papers 041, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Massimo Riccaboni & Maria Laura Frigotto, 2011. "A Few Special Cases: Scientific Creativity and Network Dynamics in the Field of Rare Diseases," DISA Working Papers 2011/03, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 24 May 2011.
- Heinze, Thomas, 2006. "Emergence of nano S&T in Germany: network formation and company performance," Discussion Papers "Innovation Systems and Policy Analysis" 7, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Gupta, Abhishek & Pawar, Kulwant S. & Smart, Palie, 2007. "New product development in the pharmaceutical and telecommunication industries: A comparative study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 41-60, March.
- Owen-Smith, Jason & Powell, Walter W., 2003. "The expanding role of university patenting in the life sciences: assessing the importance of experience and connectivity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1695-1711, October.
- Marc-Hubert DEPRET & Abdelillah HAMDOUCH, 2011. "Multiscalar Clusters And Networks As The Foundations Of Innovation Dynamics In The Biopharmaceutical Industry," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 33, pages 227-268.
- Alireza Abbasi & Jorn Altmann, 2010. "On the Correlation between Research Performance and Social Network Analysis Measures Applied to Research Collaboration Networks," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201066, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Oct 2010.
- Muhamed Kudic & Wilfried Ehrenfeld & Toralf Pusch, 2015. "On the trail of core–periphery patterns in innovation networks: measurements and new empirical findings from the German laser industry," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 55(1), pages 187-220, October.
- Miller, Fiona Alice & Sanders, Carrie B. & Lehoux, Pascale, 2009. "Imagining value, imagining users: Academic technology transfer for health innovation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(8), pages 1481-1488, April.
- Wu, Weiping, 2007. "Cultivating Research Universities and Industrial Linkages in China: The Case of Shanghai," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1075-1093, June.
- Swan, Jacky & Goussevskaia, Anna & Newell, Sue & Robertson, Maxine & Bresnen, Mike & Obembe, Ademola, 2007. "Modes of organizing biomedical innovation in the UK and US and the role of integrative and relational capabilities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 529-547, May.
- Ronnie Ramlogan & Davide Consoli, 2014. "Dynamics of collaborative research medicine: the case of glaucoma," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 544-566, August.
- Hornych, Christoph & Brachert, Matthias, 2010. "Determinanten der Vernetzung von Unternehmen der deutschen Photovoltaik-Industrie," IWH Discussion Papers 20/2010, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- repec:spr:scient:v:101:y:2014:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-014-1360-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catini, Roberto & Karamshuk, Dmytro & Penner, Orion & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2015.
"Identifying geographic clusters: A network analytic approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 1749-1762.
- Catini, Roberto & Karamshuk, Dmytro & Penner, Orion & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2015. "Identifying Geographic Clusters: A Network Analytic Approach," MPRA Paper 64454, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:scient:v:89:y:2011:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0463-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cantner, Uwe & Rake, Bastian, 2014.
"International research networks in pharmaceuticals: Structure and dynamics,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 333-348.
- Uwe Cantner & Bastian Rake, 2011. "International Research Networks in Pharmaceuticals: Structure and Dynamics," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-055, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Ryan, Michael P., 2010. "Patent Incentives, Technology Markets, and Public-Private Bio-Medical Innovation Networks in Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1082-1093, August.
- Sandra Phlippen & Bert van der Knaap, 2007. "When Clusters become Networks," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-100/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gilding, Michael, 2008. "'The tyranny of distance': Biotechnology networks and clusters in the antipodes," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 1132-1144, July.
- Oliver, Amalya L., 2004. "Biotechnology entrepreneurial scientists and their collaborations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 583-597, May.
- Andrea Bonaccorsi & Grid Thoma, 2005. "Scientific and Technological Regimes in Nanotechnology: Combinatorial Inventors and Performance," LEM Papers Series 2005/13, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Fiedler, Marina & Welpe, Isabell M., 2010. "Antecedents of cooperative commercialisation strategies of nanotechnology firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 400-410, April.
- Lauto, Giancarlo & Valentin, Finn, 2016. "The knowledge production model of the New Sciences: The case of Translational Medicine," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 12-21.
- Jong, Simcha, 2008. "Academic organizations and new industrial fields: Berkeley and Stanford after the rise of biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1267-1282, September.
- repec:spr:scient:v:84:y:2010:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-009-0113-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Marra, Alessandro & Antonelli, Paola & Dell’Anna, Luca & Pozzi, Cesare, 2015. "A network analysis using metadata to investigate innovation in clean-tech – Implications for energy policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 17-26.
- Malik, Tariq H., 2013. "National institutional differences and cross-border university–industry knowledge transfer," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 776-787.
- Poh-Kam Wong, 2007. "Commercializing biomedical science in a rapidly changing “triple-helix” nexus: The experience of the National University of Singapore," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 367-395, August.
- Breznitz, Dan & Zehavi, Amos, 2010. "The limits of capital: Transcending the public financer-private producer split in industrial R&D," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 301-312, March.
- repec:spr:jahrfr:v:37:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10037-017-0118-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lu, Ren & Ruan, Min & Reve, Torger, 2016. "Cluster and co-located cluster effects: An empirical study of six Chinese city regions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1984-1995.