'The tyranny of distance': Biotechnology networks and clusters in the antipodes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jason Owen-Smith & Massimo Riccaboni & Fabio Pammolli & Walter W. Powell, 2002.
"A Comparison of U.S. and European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences,"
INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 24-43, January.
- Jason Owen-Smith & Massimo Riccaboni & Fabio Pammolli & Walter W. Powell, 2001. "A Comparison of U.S. And European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences," LEM Papers Series 2001/03, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Owen-Smith, Jason & Riccaboni, Massimo & Pammolli, Fabio & Powell, Walter W., 2002. "A Comparison of U.S. and European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences," MPRA Paper 15963, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mangematin, Vincent & Lemarie, Stephane & Boissin, Jean-Pierre & Catherine, David & Corolleur, Frederic & Coronini, Roger & Trommetter, Michel, 2003.
"Development of SMEs and heterogeneity of trajectories: the case of biotechnology in France,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 621-638, April.
- Vincent Mangematin & Stéphane Lemarié & Jean-Pierre Boissin & David Catherine & Frédéric Corolleur & Roger Coronini & Michel Trommetter, 2003. "Development of SMEs and heterogeneity of trajectories: the case of biotechnology in France," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00422563, HAL.
- Walter Powell & Kenneth Koput & James Bowie & Laurel Smith-Doerr, 2002. "The Spatial Clustering of Science and Capital: Accounting for Biotech Firm-Venture Capital Relationships," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 291-305.
- Casper, Steven, 2007. "How do technology clusters emerge and become sustainable?: Social network formation and inter-firm mobility within the San Diego biotechnology cluster," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 438-455, May.
- McKelvey, Maureen & Alm, Hakan & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2003. "Does co-location matter for formal knowledge collaboration in the Swedish biotechnology-pharmaceutical sector?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 483-501, March.
- Kevin Rees, 2005. "Interregional Collaboration And Innovation In Vancouver'S Emerging High-Tech Cluster," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 96(3), pages 298-312, July.
- Audretsch, David B & Stephan, Paula E, 1996. "Company-Scientist Locational Links: The Case of Biotechnology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 641-652, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Rooney & Tom Mandeville & Tim Kastelle, 2013. "Abstract Knowledge and Reified Financial Innovation: Building Wisdom and Ethics Into Financial Innovation Networks," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(3), pages 447-459, December.
- repec:spr:scient:v:94:y:2013:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0776-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:88:y:2011:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0380-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:112:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-017-2378-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Fumi Kitagawa & Lorraine Warren & Stefanos Marangos, 2010. "Networks and Spatiality of University Incubators: Global and local links amongst SETsquared spinoff/ intra-firms at Universities of Bath, Bristol, Southampton and Surrey in England," Working Papers 2010R03, Orkestra - Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
- Peter Newton & Peter Newman, 2015. "Critical Connections: The Role of the Built Environment Sector in Delivering Green Cities and a Green Economy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(7), pages 1-27, July.
- Malik, Tariq H., 2013. "National institutional differences and cross-border university–industry knowledge transfer," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 776-787.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:37:y:2008:i:6-7:p:1132-1144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.