Evaluation Of Effects Of Collaborative Patterns On The Efficiency Of Scientific Networks Using Simulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Albino, Vito & Carbonara, Nunzia & Giannoccaro, Ilaria, 2006. "Innovation in industrial districts: An agent-based simulation model," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 30-45, November.
- Jason Owen-Smith & Massimo Riccaboni & Fabio Pammolli & Walter W. Powell, 2002.
"A Comparison of U.S. and European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 24-43, January.
- Jason Owen-Smith & Massimo Riccaboni & Fabio Pammolli & Walter W. Powell, 2001. "A Comparison of U.S. And European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences," LEM Papers Series 2001/03, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Owen-Smith, Jason & Riccaboni, Massimo & Pammolli, Fabio & Powell, Walter W., 2002. "A Comparison of U.S. and European University-Industry Relations in the Life Sciences," MPRA Paper 15963, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guan, Jiancheng & Liu, Na, 2016. "Exploitative and exploratory innovations in knowledge network and collaboration network: A patent analysis in the technological field of nano-energy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 97-112.
- Guan, Jian Cheng & Yan, Yan, 2016. "Technological proximity and recombinative innovation in the alternative energy field," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 1460-1473.
- Joel A. C. Baum & Tony Calabrese & Brian S. Silverman, 2000. "Don't go it alone: alliance network composition and startups' performance in Canadian biotechnology," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 267-294, March.
- Dahl, Michael S. & Pedersen, Christian O.R., 2004. "Knowledge flows through informal contacts in industrial clusters: myth or reality?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1673-1686, December.
- Michael L. Tushman & Ralph Katz, 1980. "External Communication and Project Performance: An Investigation into the Role of Gatekeepers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(11), pages 1071-1085, November.
- Michael Steiner & Michael Ploder, 2008. "Structure and Strategy within Heterogeneity: Multiple Dimensions of Regional Networking," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 793-815.
- Andrea Schiffauerova & Catherine Beaudry, 2009. "Canadian nanotechnology innovation networks: intra-cluster, inter-cluster and foreign collaboration," Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 119-146.
- Alessandro Malipiero & Federico Munari & Maurizio Sobrero, 2005. "Focal Firms as Technological Gatakeepers within Industrial Districts Knowledge Creation and Dissemination in the Italian Packaging Machinery Industry," DRUID Working Papers 05-05, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Jong, Simcha, 2008. "Academic organizations and new industrial fields: Berkeley and Stanford after the rise of biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1267-1282, September.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Christian Longhi & Catherine Thomas, 2008.
"Gatekeepers of Knowledge versus Platforms of Knowledge: From Potential to Realized Absorptive Capacity,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 837-852.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Catherine Thomas & Christian Longhi, 2008. "Gatekeepers of Knowledge versus Platforms of Knowledge: From potential to realized absorptive capacity," Post-Print hal-00452506, HAL.
- Jorge Niosi & Marc Banik, 2005. "The evolution and performance of biotechnology regional systems of innovation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 343-357, May.
- Bengt-Åke Lundvall, 2010. "Scope, Style, and Theme of Research on Knowledge and Learning Societies," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 1(1), pages 18-23, March.
- Holger Graf, 2011.
"Gatekeepers in regional networks of innovators,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 173-198.
- Holger Graf, 2007. "Gatekeepers in regional networks of innovators," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-054, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Holger Graf, 2008. "Gatekeepers in Regional Networks of Innovators," DRUID Working Papers 08-19, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Oliver, Amalya L., 2004. "Biotechnology entrepreneurial scientists and their collaborations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 583-597, May.
- Cowan, Robin & Jonard, Nicolas, 2004. "Network structure and the diffusion of knowledge," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1557-1575, June.
- Rosamaria D'Amore & Roberto Iorio & Sandrine Labory & Agnieszka Stawinoga, 2013. "Research Collaboration Networks in Biotechnology: Exploring the Trade-Off Between Institutional and Geographic Distances," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 261-276, April.
- M. Ann McFadyen & Matthew Semadeni & Albert A. Cannella, 2009. "Value of Strong Ties to Disconnected Others: Examining Knowledge Creation in Biomedicine," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 552-564, June.
- Michael Fritsch & Martina Kauffeld-Monz, 2010.
"The impact of network structure on knowledge transfer: an application of social network analysis in the context of regional innovation networks,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(1), pages 21-38, February.
- Michael Fritsch & Martina Kauffeld-Monz, 2008. "The impact of network structure on knowledge transfer: An application of social network analysis in the context of regional innovation networks," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-036, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Sameer Kumar & Jariah Mohd. Jan, 2014. "Research collaboration networks of two OIC nations: comparative study between Turkey and Malaysia in the field of ‘Energy Fuels’, 2009–2011," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 98(1), pages 387-414, January.
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby, 1995. "Virtuous Circles of Productivity: Star Bioscientists and the Institutional Transformation of Industry," NBER Working Papers 5342, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon Walker & Bruce Kogut & Weijian Shan, 1997. "Social Capital, Structural Holes and the Formation of an Industry Network," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(2), pages 109-125, April.
- Ron Boschma & Anne L. J. ter Wal, 2007.
"Knowledge Networks and Innovative Performance in an Industrial District: The Case of a Footwear District in the South of Italy,"
Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 177-199.
- Ron A. Boschma & Anne L.W. ter Wal, 2006. "Knowledge networks and innovative performance in an industrial district. The case of a footwear district in the South of Italy," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0601, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2006.
- Gay, Brigitte & Dousset, Bernard, 2005. "Innovation and network structural dynamics: Study of the alliance network of a major sector of the biotechnology industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1457-1475, December.
- Andrea Schiffauerova & Catherine Beaudry, 2011. "Star scientists and their positions in the Canadian biotechnology network," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 343-366.
- Jason Owen-Smith & Walter W. Powell, 2004. "Knowledge Networks as Channels and Conduits: The Effects of Spillovers in the Boston Biotechnology Community," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 5-21, February.
- Andrea Morrison, 2008.
"Gatekeepers of Knowledge within Industrial Districts: Who They Are, How They Interact,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 817-835.
- Andrea Morrison, 2004. "Gatekeepers of knowledge within industrial districts:who they are, how they interact," KITeS Working Papers 163, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Nov 2004.
- Saxenian, AnnaLee & Hsu, Jinn-Yuh, 2001. "The Silicon Valley-Hsinchu Connection: Technical Communities and Industrial Upgrading," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 893-920, December.
More about this item
KeywordsKnowledge creation network; collaboration; knowledge dynamics; agent-based modelling; star scientists; gatekeepers; biotechnology; Canada;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:ijimxx:v:22:y:2018:i:04:n:s1363919618500354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscinet.com/ijim/ijim.shtml .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.