Value of Strong Ties to Disconnected Others: Examining Knowledge Creation in Biomedicine
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ikujiro Nonaka, 1994. "A Dynamic Theory of Organizational Knowledge Creation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 14-37, February.
- Rob Cross & Lee Sproull, 2004. "More Than an Answer: Information Relationships for Actionable Knowledge," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 446-462, August.
- Stephan, Paula E., 2010. "The Economics of Science," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 217-273, Elsevier.
- Morten T. Hansen, 2002. "Knowledge Networks: Explaining Effective Knowledge Sharing in Multiunit Companies," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 232-248, June.
- Deborah Gladstein Ancona & David F. Caldwell, 1992. "Demography and Design: Predictors of New Product Team Performance," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 321-341, August.
- Cockburn, Iain M & Henderson, Rebecca M, 1998. "Absorptive Capacity, Coauthoring Behavior, and the Organization of Research in Drug Discovery," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 157-182, June.
- Linda Argote & Bill McEvily & Ray Reagans, 2003. "Managing Knowledge in Organizations: An Integrative Framework and Review of Emerging Themes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 571-582, April.
- Kenneth R. MacCrimmon & Christian Wagner, 1994. "Stimulating Ideas Through Creative Software," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(11), pages 1514-1532, November.
- Zucker, Lynne G. & Brewer, Marilynn B. & Darby, Michael R. & Peng, Yusheng, 1994.
"Collaboration Structure and Information Dilemmas in Biotechnology: Organizational Boundaries as Trust Production,"
Institute for Social Science Research, Working Paper Series
qt0gd8j9k8, Institute for Social Science Research, UCLA.
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby & Marilynn B. Brewer & Yusheng Peng, 1995. "Collaboration Structure and Information Dilemmas in Biotechnology: Organizational Boundaries as Trust Production," NBER Working Papers 5199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Udo Zander & Bruce Kogut, 1995. "Knowledge and the Speed of the Transfer and Imitation of Organizational Capabilities: An Empirical Test," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 76-92, February.
- Cameron, A. Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K., 1990. "Regression-based tests for overdispersion in the Poisson model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 347-364, December.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1996. "What Firms Do? Coordination, Identity, and Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(5), pages 502-518, October.
- Daniel Z. Levin & Rob Cross, 2004. "The Strength of Weak Ties You Can Trust: The Mediating Role of Trust in Effective Knowledge Transfer," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(11), pages 1477-1490, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cheng, Cong & Yang, Monica, 2017. "Enhancing performance of cross-border mergers and acquisitions in developed markets: The role of business ties and technological innovation capability," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 107-117.
- Stefano Scarazzati & Lili Wang, 2019. "The effect of collaborations on scientific research output: the case of nanoscience in Chinese regions," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 121(2), pages 839-868, November.
- Francesca Mariotti & Rick Delbridge, 2012. "Overcoming Network Overload and Redundancy in Interorganizational Networks: The Roles of Potential and Latent Ties," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(2), pages 511-528, April.
- Ben Zhang & Xiaohong Wang, 2017. "Empirical study on influence of university-industry collaboration on research performance and moderating effect of social capital: evidence from engineering academics in China," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 113(1), pages 257-277, October.
- Vanessa Persillet Shonkwiler & John Scott Shonkwiler, 2013.
"Determinants of firm relocation. A study of agro-food processors,"
- Persillet, Vanessa & Shonkwiler, J. Scott, 2013. "Determinants of Firm Relocation—A Study of Agro-Food Processors," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149014, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Persillet, Vanessa & Shonkwiler, John Scott, 2013. "Determinants of firm relocation. A study of agro-food processors," Working Papers 207851, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Hong Jiang & Wentao Liu & Lili Jia, 2019. "How Humble Leadership Influences the Innovation of Technology Standards: A Moderated Mediation Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(19), pages 1-20, October.
- Sabatier, Mareva & Chollet, Barthélemy, 2017.
"Is there a first mover advantage in science? Pioneering behavior and scientific production in nanotechnology,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 522-533.
- Mareva Sabatier & Barthelemy Chollet, 2017. "Is there a first mover advantage in science? Pioneering behavior and scientific production in nanotechnology," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01522764, HAL.
- Mareva Sabatier & Barthelemy Chollet, 2017. "Is there a first mover advantage in science? Pioneering behavior and scientific production in nanotechnology," Post-Print hal-01522764, HAL.
- Manuel E. Sosa, 2011. "Where Do Creative Interactions Come From? The Role of Tie Content and Social Networks," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Feifei Jiang & Gang Wang & Xu Jiang, 2019. "Entrepreneurial orientation and organizational knowledge creation: A configurational approach," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 1193-1219, December.
- Wang, Pengfei, 2020. "Broadening versus reinforcing investor portfolios: Social structure and the search for venture capital investors," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(1).
- Gregorio González-Alcaide & Héctor Pinargote & José M. Ramos, 2020. "From cut-points to key players in co-authorship networks: a case study in ventilator-associated pneumonia research," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 123(2), pages 707-733, May.
- Chan, Kimmy Wa & Li, Stella Yiyan & Zhu, John Jianjun, 2015. "Fostering Customer Ideation in Crowdsourcing Community: The Role of Peer-to-peer and Peer-to-firm Interactions," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 42-62.
- Jorge Walter & Daniel Z. Levin & J. Keith Murnighan, 2015. "Reconnection Choices: Selecting the Most Valuable (vs. Most Preferred) Dormant Ties," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(5), pages 1447-1465, October.
- Jing Zhao & Sejin Ha & Richard Widdows, 2016. "The influence of social capital on knowledge creation in online health communities," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 311-321, December.
- David Urbano & Sebastian Aparicio & Victor Querol, 2016. "Social progress orientation and innovative entrepreneurship: an international analysis," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 1033-1066, December.
- Hamidreza Eslami & Ashkan Ebadi & Andrea Schiffauerova, 2013. "Effect of collaboration network structure on knowledge creation and technological performance: the case of biotechnology in Canada," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 97(1), pages 99-119, October.
- Xiaoyu Yu & Yida Tao & Yi Chen & Weiyong Zhang & Pinglei Xu, 2019. "Social networks and online store performance in emerging economies: the mediating effect of legitimacy," Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 29(2), pages 201-218, June.
- Tu, Jing, 2020. "The role of dyadic social capital in enhancing collaborative knowledge creation," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2).
- Linda Argote & Ella Miron-Spektor, 2011. "Organizational Learning: From Experience to Knowledge," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(5), pages 1123-1137, October.
- Dorsa Tajaddod Alizadeh & Andrea Schiffauerova, 2018. "Evaluation Of Effects Of Collaborative Patterns On The Efficiency Of Scientific Networks Using Simulation," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(04), pages 1-28, May.
- Salih Zeki Ozdemir & Peter Moran & Xing Zhong & Martin J. Bliemel, 2016. "Reaching and Acquiring Valuable Resources: The Entrepreneur's Use of Brokerage, Cohesion, and Embeddedness," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 40(1), pages 49-79, January.
- Kamal Badar & Julie M. Hite & Yuosre F. Badir, 2013. "Examining the relationship of co-authorship network centrality and gender on academic research performance: the case of chemistry researchers in Pakistan," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 94(2), pages 755-775, February.
- Xuan Liu & Shan Jiang & Hsinchun Chen & Catherine A. Larson & Mihail C. Roco, 2015. "Modeling knowledge diffusion in scientific innovation networks: an institutional comparison between China and US with illustration for nanotechnology," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 105(3), pages 1953-1984, December.
More about this item
Keywordsknowledge creation; exchange networks;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ororsc:v:20:y:2009:i:3:p:552-564. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.