Credit Access, the Costs of Credit and Credit Market Discrimination
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christian Weller, 2009. "Credit Access, the Costs of Credit and Credit Market Discrimination," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 7-28, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2004.
"Consolidation in US banking: Which banks engage in mergers?,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 7-39.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2002. "Consolidation in US banking: which banks engage in mergers?," Working Papers 2001-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Stephen L. Ross, 2005. "The Continuing Practice and Impact of Discrimination," Working papers 2005-19, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2006.
- Lawrence J. White, 2002. "Financial Modernization after Gramm-Leach-Bliley: What About Communities?," Working Papers 02-02, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Aigbe Akhigbe & Jeff Madura & Ann Whyte, 2004. "Partial Anticipation and the Gains to Bank Merger Targets," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 55-71, August.
- Tripp, James D & Smith, Stanley D, 1993. "U.S. Credit Union Motivation for Involvement in the First-Mortgage Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 229-236, November.
- Gregory Elliehausen & Michael E. Staten, 2004. "Regulation of Subprime Mortgage Products: An Analysis of North Carolina's Predatory Lending Law," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 411-433, December.
- David G. Blanchflower & Phillip B. Levine & David J. Zimmerman, 2003.
"Discrimination in the Small-Business Credit Market,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 930-943, November.
- David G. Blanchflower & Phillip B. Levine & David J. Zimmerman, 1998. "Discrimination in the Small Business Credit Market," NBER Working Papers 6840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Kane, Edward J. & Narayanan, Rajesh P., 2006.
"How Have Borrowers Fared in Banking Megamergers?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(3), pages 821-836, April.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Edward J. Kane & Rajesh Narayanan, 2003. "How Have Borrowers Fared in Banking Mega-Mergers?," NBER Working Papers 10623, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth A. Carow & Edward J. Kane & Rajesh P. Narayanan, 2005. "How have borrowers fared in banking mega-mergers?," Working Paper Series 2005-09, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Lynn Fox & Joy Hoffmann, 2004. "Federal Reserve personal financial education initiatives," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Aut, pages 447-457.
- H. Semih Yildirim & Seung-Woog (Austin) Kwag & M. Cary Collins, 2006. "An Examination of the Equity Market Response to The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act Across Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, and Insurance Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(9-10), pages 1629-1649.
- Berger, Allen N, 2003.
" The Economic Effects of Technological Progress: Evidence from the Banking Industry,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(2), pages 141-176, April.
- Allen N. Berger, 2002. "The economic effects of technological progress: evidence from the banking industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Christian Weller, 2010.
"Have Differences in Credit Access Diminished in an Era of Financial Market Deregulation?,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(1), pages 1-34.
- Christian E. Weller, 2007. "Have Differences in Credit Access Diminished in an Era of Financial Market Deregulation?," Working Papers wp144, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Scott E. Hein & Timothy W. Koch & Steven Scott MacDonald, 2005. "On the uniqueness of community banks," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 1, pages 15-36.
- Cavalluzzo, Ken S & Cavalluzzo, Linda C, 1998. "Market Structure and Discrimination: The Case of Small Businesses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(4), pages 771-792, November.
- Munnell, Alicia H. & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell & Lynn E. Browne & James McEneaney, 1996.
"Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 25-53, March.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Mortgage lending in Boston: interpreting HMDA data," Working Papers 92-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Christian Weller & Derek Douglas, 2007. "One Nation Under Debt," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(1), pages 54-75.
- James H. Rauch & Jill M. Hendrickson, 2004. "Does Bank Consolidation Hurt the Small Business Borrower?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 219-226, October.
- Chakravarty, Sugato, 2002. "Relationships and Rationing in Consumer Loans: Evidence from the Nineties," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1153, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Aigbe Akhigbe & Jeff Madura, 2004. "Bank acquisitions of security firms: the early evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 485-496.
- Marianne A. Hilgert & Jeanne M. Hogarth & Sondra G. Beverly, 2003. "Household financial management: the connection between knowledge and behavior," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jul, pages 309-322.
- Hans G. Bloemen & Elena G. F. Stancanelli, 2005. "Financial Wealth, Consumption Smoothing and Income Shocks Arising from Job Loss," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 72(3), pages 431-452, August.
- Ken Cavalluzzo & John Wolken, 2005.
"Small Business Loan Turndowns, Personal Wealth, and Discrimination,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2153-2178, November.
- Ken Cavalluzzo & John D. Wolken, 2002. "Small business loan turndowns, personal wealth and discrimination," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Krueger, Dirk & Perri, Fabrizio, 2002. "Does Income Inequality Lead to Consumption Inequality?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3583, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bostic Raphael & Paulson Anna L & Mehran Hamid & Saidenberg Marc, 2005.
"Regulatory Incentives and Consolidation: The Case of Commercial Bank Mergers and the Community Reinvestment Act,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-27, April.
- Raphael W. Bostic & Hamid Mehran & Anna L. Paulson & Marc R. Saidenberg, 2002. "Regulatory incentives and consolidation: the case of commercial bank mergers and the Community Reinvestment Act," Working Paper Series WP-02-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Angela C. Lyons & Erik Scherpf, 2005. "Moving from unbanked to banked: evidence from the Money Smart program," Proceedings 964, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Timothy Bates, 2001. "Financing the development of urban minority communities: lessons from history," Communities and Banking, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sum, pages 12-15.
- Mark C. Schug & M. Scott Niederjohn & William C. Wood, 2006. "Your Credit Counts Challenge: A Model Program for Financial Education for Low and Moderate Income Adults," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 22(Spring 20), pages 196-208.
- Robert Avery & Katherine Samolyk, 2004. "Bank Consolidation and Small Business Lending: The Role of Community Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 291-325, April.
- Edward J. Bird & Paul A. Hagstrom & Robert Wild & Janet A. Weiss, 1999. "Credit card debts of the poor: High and rising," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 125-133.
- Gary Dymski, 1995. "The theory of bank redlining and discrimination: An exploration," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 37-74, March.
- Sandra E. Black & Donald P. Morgan, 1999. "Meet the new borrowers," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 5(Feb).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agier, Isabelle & Szafarz, Ariane, 2013.
"Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling on Loan Size?,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 165-181.
- Isabelle Agier & Ariane Szafarz, 2010. "Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling in Loan Size?," Working Papers CEB 10-047, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Isabelle Agier & Ariane Szafarz, 2013. "Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling on Loan Size?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/149090, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Isaac Koomson & Samuel Kobina Annim & James Atta Peprah, 2016. "Loan refusal, household income and savings in Ghana: a dominance analysis approach," African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(2), pages 172-191.
- repec:spt:apfiba:v:8:y:2018:i:3:f:8_3_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isabelle Agier & Ariane Szafarz, 2011. "Credit to Women Entrepreneurs: The Curse of the Trustworthier Sex," Working Papers CEB 11-005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:spr:elcore:v:17:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10660-016-9247-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Loren Henderson & Cedric Herring & Hayward Horton & Melvin Thomas, 2015. "Credit Where Credit is Due?: Race, Gender, and Discrimination in the Credit Scores of Business Startups," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 42(4), pages 459-479, December.
- Christian Weller, 2013. "Protecting Retirement Wealth," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(4), pages 51-88.
- Koomson, Isaac & Annim, Samuel Kobina & Peprah, James Atta, 2014. "Loan Refusal, Household Income and Savings in Ghana," MPRA Paper 58049, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dongyu Chen & Xiaolin Li & Fujun Lai, 0. "Gender discrimination in online peer-to-peer credit lending: evidence from a lending platform in China," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-31.
- Fourcade, Marion & Healy, Kieran, 2013. "Classification situations: Life-chances in the neoliberal era," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 559-572.
More about this item
KeywordsHousehold credit; bank credit; loan denials; discrimination; debt payments; interest rates;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uma:periwp:wp171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Judy Fogg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/permaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.