Membership growth, multiple membership groups and agency control at credit unions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Valnek, Tomas, 1999. "The comparative performance of mutual building societies and stock retail banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 925-938, June.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Agency Problems and Residual Claims," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 327-349, June.
- Rasmusen, Eric, 1988. "Mutual Banks and Stock Banks," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 395-421, October.
- Mester, Loretta J., 1991. "Agency costs among savings and loans," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 257-278, June.
- Staatz, John M., 1987. "Recent Developments in the Theory of Agricultural Cooperation," Journal of Agricultural Cooperation, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, vol. 2.
- William R. Emmons & Frank A. Schmid, 1999. "Wages and risk-taking in occupational credit unions: theory and evidence," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 13-32.
- Murray, John D & White, Robert W, 1980. "Economies of Scale and Deposit-Taking Financial Institutions in Canada: A Study of British Columbia Credit Unions," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(1), pages 58-70, February.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Kane, Edward J. & Hendershott, Robert, 1996.
"The federal deposit insurance fund that didn't put a bite on U.S. taxpayers,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1305-1327, September.
- Edward J. Kane & Robert Hendershott, 1994. "The Federal Deposit Insurance Fund That Didn't Put A Bite on U.S. Tax Payers," NBER Working Papers 4648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas K. Pearce, 1984. "Recent developments in the credit union industry," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jun, pages 3-19.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kozo Harimaya & Kei Tomimura & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2015. "Disciplinary Pressure is More Necessary for Cooperative Banks Than Stock Banks: Results from Bank Efficiencies Estimation," Discussion Paper Series DP2015-05, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised May 2016.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2011. "Are Credit Unions Too Small?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1343-1359, November.
- Kozo Harimaya & Kei Tomimura & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2015. "Efficiencies of Small Financial Cooperatives in Japan: Comparison of Estimation Methods," Discussion Paper Series DP2015-04, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- repec:eee:jebusi:v:94:y:2017:i:c:p:43-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Silvio Goglio & Yiorgos Alexopoulos, 2009. "Financial Deregulation and Economic Distress: Is There a Future for Financial Co-operatives?," Euricse Working Papers 09001, Euricse (European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises).
- Christian Weller, 2010.
"Have Differences in Credit Access Diminished in an Era of Financial Market Deregulation?,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(1), pages 1-34.
- Christian E. Weller, 2007. "Have Differences in Credit Access Diminished in an Era of Financial Market Deregulation?," Working Papers wp144, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Nathanael OJONG, 2014. "Credit Unions As Conduits For Microfinance Delivery In Cameroon," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 287-304, June.
- Derek C. Jones & Panu Kalmi, 2012. "Economies of Scale Versus Participation: a Co-operative Dilemma?," Journal of Entrepreneurial and Organizational Diversity, European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises, vol. 1(1), pages 37-64, December.
- R. Raymond Sant & Stephen B. Carter, 2015. "Acquired Credit Unions: Drivers of Takeover," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 5(8), pages 18-33, August.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2013. "The evolution of cost-productivity and efficiency among US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 75-88.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2009. "Robust, dynamic nonparametric benchmarking: the evolution of cost-productivity and efficiency among U.S. credit unions," Working Papers 2009-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:41:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12197-016-9376-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian E. Weller & Amy Helburn, 2009. "Public Policy Options to Build Wealth for America’s Middle Class," Working Papers wp210, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:revfin:v:11:y:2002:i:1:p:37-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.