The Federal Deposit Insurance Fund That Didn't Put A Bite on U.S. Tax Payers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kane, Edward J. & Hendershott, Robert, 1996. "The federal deposit insurance fund that didn't put a bite on U.S. taxpayers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1305-1327, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maksimovic, Vojislav & Unal, Haluk, 1993. " Issue Size Choice and "Underpricing" in Thrift Mutual-to-Stock Conversions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1659-1692, December.
- Tripp, James D & Smith, Stanley D, 1993. "U.S. Credit Union Motivation for Involvement in the First-Mortgage Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 229-236, November.
- Smith, Donald J & Cargill, Thomas F & Meyer, Robert A, 1981. "An Economic Theory of a Credit Union," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 519-528, May.
- Edward J. Kane, 1988. "Changing incentives facing financial-services regulators," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 265-279.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Timothy Besley & Timothy W. Guinnane, 1994.
"Thy Neighbor's Keeper: The Design of a Credit Cooperative with Theory and a Test,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 491-515.
- Guinnane, T. & Banerjee, A. & Besley, T., 1993. "Thy Neighbor's Keeper: the Design of a Credit Cooperative with Theory and a Test," Papers 705, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Robert C. Merton & Zvi Bodie, 1992. "On the Management of Financial Guarantees," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 21(4), Winter.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Smith, Donald J, 1984. " A Theoretic Framework for the Analysis of Credit Union Decision Making," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1155-1168, September.
- Smith, Bruce D & Stutzer, Michael, 1995. "A Theory of Mutual Formation and Moral Hazard with Evidence from the History of the Insurance Industry," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(2), pages 545-577.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Ely, 2014. "Credit unions and risk," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 80-111, August.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Edward J. Kane, 2002.
"Deposit Insurance Around the Globe: Where Does It Work?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 175-195, Spring.
- Edward J. Kane & Asli Demirguc-Kunt, 2001. "Deposit Insurance Around the Globe: Where Does it Work?," NBER Working Papers 8493, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asl' & Kane, Edward J., 2001. "Depositinsurance around the globe : where does it work?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2679, The World Bank.
- Bressan, Valéria Gama Fully & Braga, Marcelo José & Bressan, Aureliano Angel & Resende Filho, Moisés de Andrade, 2012. "O seguro depósito induz ao risco moral nas cooperativas de crédito brasileiras? Um estudo com dados em painel," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 66(2), June.
- John Goddard & Donal McKillop & John O. S. Wilson, 2016. "Regulatory Change and Capital Adjustment of US Credit Unions," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 29-55, August.
- Goenner, Cullen F, 2016. "The policy impact of new rules for loan participation on credit union returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 198-210.
- William R. Emmons & Frank A. Schmid, 1999. "Credit unions and the common bond," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 41-64.
- Cull, Robert, 1998. "How deposit insurance affects financial depth : a cross-country analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1875, The World Bank.
- Kozo Harimaya & Kei Tomimura & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2015. "Disciplinary Pressure is More Necessary for Cooperative Banks Than Stock Banks: Results from Bank Efficiencies Estimation," Discussion Paper Series DP2015-05, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised May 2016.
- Mao Hong & Ostaszewski Krzysztof M., 2009. "Alternative Pricing Models of Deposit Insurance under Capital Forbearance," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-10, April.
- Timur Han Gür & Naci Canpolat & Hüseyin Özel, 2011. "The Crisis and After: There Is No Alternative?," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(1), pages 113-133, March.
- Paula CABO & Joao REBELO, 2015. "Differences In Portuguese Credit Institutions' Lending And Investment Behaviour In A Time Of Slump," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 445-463, September.
- Leggett, Keith J. & Strand, Robert W., 2002. "Membership growth, multiple membership groups and agency control at credit unions," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 37-46.
- Nathanael OJONG, 2014. "Credit Unions As Conduits For Microfinance Delivery In Cameroon," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 287-304, June.
- Cabo, Paula & Rebelo, Joao, 2005. "Governance Control Mechanisms in Portuguese Agricultural Credit Cooperatives," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24623, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:66:n:2:a:2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4648. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .