A Theory of Mutual Formation and Moral Hazard with Evidence from the History of the Insurance Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre Picard, 2014.
"Participating Insurance Contracts and the Rothschild-Stiglitz Equilibrium Puzzle,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 39(2), pages 153-175, September.
- Pierre Picard, 2009. "Participating insurance contracts and the Rothschild-Stiglitz equilibrium puzzle," Working Papers hal-00413825, HAL.
- Francesca Barigozzi & Renaud Bourlès & Dominique Henriet & Giuseppe Pignataro, 2017.
"Pool size and the sustainability of optimal risk-sharing agreements,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 82(2), pages 273-303, February.
- Francesca Barigozzi & Renaud Bourlès & Dominique Henriet & Giuseppe Pignataro, 2011. "Risk-sharing with self-insurance: the role of cooperation," Working Papers halshs-00605267, HAL.
- Francesca Barigozzi & Renaud Bourlès & Dominique Henriet & Giuseppe Pignataro, 2017. "Pool size and the sustainability of optimal risk-sharing agreements," Post-Print hal-01505776, HAL.
- F. Barigozzi & R. Bourles & D. Henriet & G. Pignataro, 2011. "Improving Compliance With Preventive Care: Cooperation in Mutual Health Insurance," Working Papers wp765, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Seog S. Hun, 2006. "Limited Competition, Information Asymmetry, and Organizational Forms," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14, February.
- Kane, Edward J. & Hendershott, Robert, 1996.
"The federal deposit insurance fund that didn't put a bite on U.S. taxpayers,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1305-1327, September.
- Edward J. Kane & Robert Hendershott, 1994. "The Federal Deposit Insurance Fund That Didn't Put A Bite on U.S. Tax Payers," NBER Working Papers 4648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:spr:amsrev:v:6:y:2016:i:3:d:10.1007_s13162-016-0083-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nekby, Lena, 2001. "Pure vs. Mutual Sick Insurance Societies. Evidence from Swedish Historical Data," Research Papers in Economics 2001:10, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Laux, Christian & Muermann, Alexander, 2006. "Mutual versus stock insurers: Fair premium, capital, and solvency," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/26, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Byeongyong Paul Choi & Elyas Elyasiani, 2011. "Foreign-owned insurer performance in the US property-liability markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 291-306.
- Fabrice Roth, 2012. "Crise et régulation des marchés financiers : Quel impact sur les formes mutuelles dans l'assurance ?," Working Papers halshs-00692342, HAL.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette & Jonathan Vaksmann & Marie Claire Villeval, 2017.
"Voluntary Contributions to a Mutual Insurance Pool,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 19(1), pages 198-218, February.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette & Jonathan Vaksmann & Marie Claire Villeval, 2015. "Voluntary Contributions to a Mutual Insurance Pool," Working Papers halshs-01243256, HAL.
- Louis Levy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette & Jonathan Vaksmann & Marie Claire Villeval, 2016. "Voluntary Contributions to a Mutual Insurance Pool," Post-Print halshs-01218020, HAL.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette & Jonathan Vaksmann & Marie-Claire Villeval, 2017. "Voluntary Contributions to a Mutual Insurance Pool," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01476440, HAL.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette & Jonathan Vaksmann & Marie Claire Villeval, 2015. "Voluntary Contributions to a Mutual Insurance Pool," Working Papers 1535, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Magnus Lindmark & Lars-Fredrik Andersson & Mike Adams, 2006. "The Evolution and Development of the Swedish Insurance Market," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 341-370.
- Hendrik Hakenes & Isabel Schnabel, 2006.
"The Threat of Capital Drain: A Rationale for Public Banks?,"
Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods
2006_11, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Hakenes, Hendrik & Schnabel, Isabel, 2006. "The Threat of Capital Drain: A Rationale for Public Banks?," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 107, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Braun, Alexander & Schmeiser, Hato & Rymaszewski, Przemysław, 2015. "Stock vs. mutual insurers: Who should and who does charge more?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(3), pages 875-889.
- Luigi Buzzacchi & Gilberto Turati, 2009. "Collective Risks in Local Administrations: Can a Private Insurer Be Better than a Public Mutual Fund?," Working papers 03, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Laux, Christian & Muermann, Alexander, 2010. "Financing risk transfer under governance problems: Mutual versus stock insurers," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 333-354, July.
- Fabrice Roth, 1998. "Structures de propriété, pouvoir discrétionnaire managérial et choix d'activité dans l'assurance dommages en France," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 1(1), pages 169-194, March.
- John E. Murray, 2011. "Asymmetric Information and Countermeasures in Early Twentieth‐Century American Short‐Term Disability Microinsurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 78(1), pages 117-138, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:rfinst:v:8:y:1995:i:2:p:545-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.