Pure vs. Mutual Sick Insurance Societies. Evidence from Swedish Historical Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Goeran Skogh, 1999. "Risk-Sharing Institutions for Unpredictable Losses," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 155(3), pages 505-505, September.
- Boozer, Michael A., 1997. "Econometric Analysis of Panel Data Badi H. Baltagi Wiley, 1995," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(05), pages 747-754, October.
- Smith, Bruce D & Stutzer, Michael, 1995. "A Theory of Mutual Formation and Moral Hazard with Evidence from the History of the Insurance Industry," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(2), pages 545-577.
- Patricia Born & William M. Gentry & W. Kip Viscusi & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1998.
"Organizational Form and Insurance Company Performance: Stocks versus Mutuals,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of Property-Casualty Insurance, pages 167-192
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patricia Born & William M. Gentry & W. Kip Viscusi & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1995. "Organizational Form and Insurance Company Performance: Stocks versus Mutuals," NBER Working Papers 5246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsfriendly societies; sick insurance; health insurance;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sunrpe:2001_0010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sten Nyberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/neisuse.html .