Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Lynn E. Browne & James McEneaney & Alicia H. Munnell & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 1992. "Mortgage lending in Boston: interpreting HMDA data," Working Papers 92-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
References listed on IDEAS
- Black, Harold & Schweitzer, Robert L & Mandell, Lewis, 1978. "Discrimination in Mortgage Lending," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 186-191, May.
- Galster, George C, 1977. "A Bid-Rent Analysis of Housing Market Discrimination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 144-155, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Lewis M. Segal, 1996. "CRA and fair lending regulations: resulting trends in mortgage lending," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 20(Nov), pages 19-46.
- Hero Ashman & Seth Neumuller, 2020.
"Can Income Differences Explain the Racial Wealth Gap: A Quantitative Analysis,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 35, pages 220-239, January.
- Hero Ashman & Seth Neumuller, 2019. "Online Appendix to "Can Income Differences Explain the Racial Wealth Gap: A Quantitative Analysis"," Online Appendices 18-559, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Hero Ashman & Seth Neumuller, 2019. "Code and data files for "Can Income Differences Explain the Racial Wealth Gap: A Quantitative Analysis"," Computer Codes 18-559, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Song Han, 2004. "Discrimination in Lending: Theory and Evidence," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 5-46, July.
- Black, Harold A. & Boehm, Thomas P. & DeGennaro, Ramon P., 2003.
"Is there discrimination in mortgage pricing? The case of overages,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1139-1165, June.
- Harold A. Black & Thomas P. Boehm & Ramon P. DeGennaro, 2001. "Is there discrimination in mortgage pricing? the case of overages," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2001-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Song Han, 2001.
"On the Economics of Discrimination in Credit Markets,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2002-02, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Song Han, 2002. "On the economics of discrimination in credit markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-2, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Song Han, 2011. "Creditor Learning and Discrimination in Lending," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 1-27, October.
- James B. Kau & Lu Fang & Henry J. Munneke, 2019. "An Unintended Consequence of Mortgage Financing Regulation – a Racial Disparity," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 59(4), pages 549-588, November.
- Stephen L. Ross, 2005. "The Continuing Practice and Impact of Discrimination," Working papers 2005-19, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2006.
- Stephen L. Ross, 2003. "What Is Known about Testing for Discrimination: Lessons Learned by Comparing across Different Markets," Working papers 2003-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2003.
- Wheeler, Christopher H. & Olson, Luke M., 2015. "Racial differences in mortgage denials over the housing cycle: Evidence from U.S. metropolitan areas," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 33-49.
- Andrea Baranzini & Caroline Schaerer & José V. Ramirez & Philippe Thalmann, 2008. "Do Foreigners Pay Higher Rents for the Same Quality of Housing in Geneva and Zurich?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(IV), pages 703-730, December.
- Labie, Marc & Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Mersland, Roy & Szafarz, Ariane, 2015.
"Discrimination by microcredit officers: Theory and evidence on disability in Uganda,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 44-55.
- Marc Labie & Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Roy Mersland & Ariane Szafarz, 2010. "Discrimination by Microcredit Officers: Theory and Evidence on Disability in Uganda," Working Papers CEB 10-007.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Roy Mersland & Ariane Szafarz & Marc Labie, 2011. "Discrimination by Microcredit Officers:Theory and Evidence on Disability in Uganda," DULBEA Working Papers 11-06, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Labie & Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Roy Mersland & Ariane Szafarz, 2015. "Discrimination by Microcredit Officers: Theory and Evidence on Disability in Uganda," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/226217, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cole, Rebel, 1999. "Availability of credit to small and minority-owned businesses: Evidence from the 1993 National Survey of Small Business Finances," MPRA Paper 4715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ping Cheng & Zhenguo Lin & Yingchun Liu, 2015. "Racial Discrepancy in Mortgage Interest Rates," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 101-120, July.
- W. Clark, 1988. "Understanding residential segregation in American cities: Interpreting the evidence," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 7(2), pages 113-121, May.
- Black, Harold A. & Robinson, Breck L. & Schweitzer, Robert L., 2001. "Comparing lending decisions of minority-owned and White-owned banks: Is there discrimination in mortgage lending?," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 23-39.
- Jason Dietrich, 2005. "Under-specified Models and Detection of Discrimination: A Case Study of Mortgage Lending," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 83-105, August.
- Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Raya, Josep M., 2011.
"Is there Discriminatory Mortgage Pricing against Immigrants in the Spanish Lending Market?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5578, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Luis Diaz-Serrano & Josep M. Raya, 2011. "Is there Discriminatory Mortgage Pricing against Immigrants in the Spanish Lending Market?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1869, European Regional Science Association.
- Nolan Kopkin, 2018. "The conditional spatial correlations between racial prejudice and racial disparities in the market for home loans," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 55(16), pages 3596-3614, December.
- Solomon Y. Deku & Alper Kara & Philip Molyneux, 2016. "Access to consumer credit in the UK," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(10), pages 941-964, August.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists, Wikipedia, or ReplicationWiki pages:
- Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data (AER 1996) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:86:y:1996:i:1:p:25-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.