Partial Anticipation and the Gains to Bank Merger Targets
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smith, Clifford Jr., 1986. "Investment banking and the capital acquisition process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 3-29.
- Hadlock, Charles & Houston, Joel & Ryngaert, Michael, 1999. "The role of managerial incentives in bank acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 221-249, February.
- Busaba, Walid Y. & Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Guo, Re-Jin, 2001. "The option to withdraw IPOs during the premarket: empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 73-102, April.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Tehranian, Hassan, 1992. "Changes in corporate performance associated with bank acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 211-234, April.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Mandelker, Gershon, 1974. "Risk and return: The case of merging firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 303-335, December.
- Bayless, Mark & Chaplinsky, Susan, 1991. "Expectations of security type and the information content of debt and equity offers," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 195-214, June.
- Chaplinsky, Susan & Hansen, Robert S, 1993. "Partial Anticipation, the Flow of Information and the Economic Impact of Corporate Debt Sales," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(3), pages 709-32.
- Meric, Gulser & Leveen, Serpil S & Meric, Ilhan, 1991. "The Financial Characteristics of Commercial Banks Involved in Interstate Acquisitions," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 75-90, February.
- Bayless, Mark, 1994. "The Influence of Predictability on Differences in the Market Reaction to Debt and Equity Issue Announcements," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 117-31, Spring.
- Wansley, James W. & Roenfeldt, Rodney L. & Cooley, Philip L., 1983. "Abnormal Returns from Merger Profiles," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 149-162, June.
- Deborah J. Lucas & Robert L. McDonald, 1989.
"Equity Issues and Stock Price Dynamics,"
NBER Working Papers
3169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walkling, Ralph A., 1985. "Predicting Tender Offer Success: A Logistic Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 461-478, December.
- Bliss, Richard T. & Rosen, Richard J., 2001. "CEO compensation and bank mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 107-138, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:26:y:2004:i:1:p:55-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.