Expectations of security type and the information content of debt and equity offers
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Bayless, M. & Jay, N., 2008. "A multiperiod evaluation of returns following seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 291-311.
- Hovakimian, Armen & Li, Guangzhong, 2011. "In search of conclusive evidence: How to test for adjustment to target capital structure," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 33-44, February.
- Korajczyk, Robert A. & Levy, Amnon, 2003. "Capital structure choice: macroeconomic conditions and financial constraints," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 75-109, April.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Stulz, Rene, 2007.
"Fundamentals, Market Timing, and Seasoned Equity Offerings,"
Working Paper Series
2007-13, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Harry DeAngelo & Linda DeAngelo & René M. Stulz, 2007. "Fundamentals, Market Timing, and Seasoned Equity Offerings," NBER Working Papers 13285, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonard Lundstrum, 2009. "Entrenched management, capital structure changes and firm value," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 33(2), pages 161-175, April.
- de Jong, Abe & Veld, Chris, 2001. "An empirical analysis of incremental capital structure decisions under managerial entrenchment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1857-1895, October.
- de Jong, A. & Veld, C.H., 1998. "An Empirical Analysis of Incremental Capital Structure Decisions Under Managerial Entrenchment," Discussion Paper 1998-83, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Edirisinghe U. C & Nimal P.D, 2015. "Stock Price Reaction to Announcements of Right Issues and Debenture Issues: Evidence from Colombo Stock Exchange," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 5(2), pages 67-76, February.
- Aigbe Akhigbe & Jeff Madura & Ann Whyte, 2004. "Partial Anticipation and the Gains to Bank Merger Targets," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 55-71, August.
- Murray Z. Frank & Vidhan K. Goyal, 2009. "Capital Structure Decisions: Which Factors Are Reliably Important?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(1), pages 1-37, 03.
- Frank, Murray Z. & Goyal, Vidhan K., 2009. "Capital Structure Decisions: Which Factors are Reliably Important?," MPRA Paper 22525, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jung, Kooyul & Yong-Cheol, Kim & Stulz, Rene M., 1996. "Timing, investment opportunities, managerial discretion, and the security issue decision," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 159-185, October.
- Linn, Scott C. & Stock, Duane R., 2005. "The impact of junior debt issuance on senior unsecured debt's risk premiums," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1585-1609, June.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Stulz, René M., 2010. "Seasoned equity offerings, market timing, and the corporate lifecycle," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 275-295, March.
- Bayless, Mark & Jay, Nancy R., 2001. "An examination of the performance of SEOs using a comparison period approach6," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 359-386.
- Korkeamaki, Timo P., 2005. "Effects of law on corporate financing practices--international evidence from convertible bond issues," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 809-831, October.
- Pinnuck, Matt & Shekhar, Chander, 2013. "The profit versus loss heuristic and firm financing decisions," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 420-439.
- de Jong, A. & van Dijk, R. & Veld, C.H., 2001. "The Dividend and Share Repurchase Policies of Canadian Firms," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-88-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Lee, Hei Wai & Figlewicz, Raymond E., 1999. "Characteristics of firms that issue convertible debt versus convertible preferred stock," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 547-563.
- Cook, Douglas O. & Fu, Xudong & Tang, Tian, 2016. "Are target leverage ratios stable? Investigating the impact of corporate asset restructuring," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 150-168.
- Fang, Junxiong & Shi, Haina & Xu, Haoping, 2012. "The determinants and consequences of IPOs in a regulated economy: Evidence from China," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 131-150.
- Paul-Olivier KLEIN, 2017. "Do Shareholders Value Bond Offerings? A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2017-04, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinin:v:1:y:1991:i:3:p:195-214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed