Benefits of Quantile Regression for the Analysis of Customer Lifetime Value in a Contractual Setting: An Application in Financial Services
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paas, Leonard J. & Bijmolt, Tammo H.A. & Vermunt, Jeroen K., 2007. "Acquisition patterns of financial products: A longitudinal investigation," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 229-241, April.
- Moshe Buchinsky, 1998. "Recent Advances in Quantile Regression Models: A Practical Guideline for Empirical Research," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 88-126.
- Bas Donkers & Peter Verhoef & Martijn Jong, 2007. "Modeling CLV: A test of competing models in the insurance industry," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 163-190, June.
- K. Coussement & D. Van Den Poel, 2006. "Churn Prediction in Subscription Services: an Application of Support Vector Machines While Comparing Two Parameter-Selection Techniques," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/412, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, March.
- A. Prinzie & D. Van Den Poel, 2007. "Predicting home-appliance acquisition sequences: Markov/Markov for Discrimination and survival analysis for modeling sequential information in NPTB models," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 07/442, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Peter E. Rossi & Robert E. McCulloch & Greg M. Allenby, 1996. "The Value of Purchase History Data in Target Marketing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 321-340.
- Brent A. Gloy & Jay T. Akridge & Paul V. Preckel, 1997. "Customer Lifetime Value: An application in the rural petroleum market," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 335-347.
- David C. Schmittlein & Donald G. Morrison & Richard Colombo, 1987. "Counting Your Customers: Who-Are They and What Will They Do Next?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Paas, L.J. & Bijmolt, T.H.A. & Vermunt, J.K., 2007. "Acquisition patterns of financial products : A longitudinal investigation," Other publications TiSEM 6e60376b-b689-4e76-93b8-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- K. Coussement & D. Van den Poel, 2008. "Churn prediction in subscription services: an application of support vector machines while comparing two parameter-selection techniques," Post-Print hal-00788096, HAL.
- Yu, Keming & Moyeed, Rana A., 2001. "Bayesian quantile regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 437-447, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- R. Ferrentino & M. T. Cuomo & C. Boniello, 2016. "On the customer lifetime value: a mathematical perspective," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 521-539, October.
- Cristina Davino & Vincenzo Esposito Vinzi, 2016. "Quantile composite-based path modeling," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 10(4), pages 491-520, December.
- Zhang, Jie & Thomas, Lyn C., 2012. "Comparisons of linear regression and survival analysis using single and mixture distributions approaches in modelling LGD," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 204-215.
- Chen, Zhen-Yu & Fan, Zhi-Ping & Sun, Minghe, 2012. "A hierarchical multiple kernel support vector machine for customer churn prediction using longitudinal behavioral data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(2), pages 461-472.
- D. F. Benoit & D. Van Den Poel, 2012. "Improving Customer Retention In Financial Services Using Kinship Network Information," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/786, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Richard J. Volpe & Timothy A. Park & Fengxia Dong & Helen H. Jensen, 2016.
"Somatic cell counts in dairy marketing: quantile regression for count data,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 331-358.
- Volpe, Richard III & Park, Timothy A. & Hennessy, David A. & Jensen, Helen H., 2013. "Somatic Cell Counts in Dairy Marketing: Quantile Regression for Count Data," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151425, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2017. "Inflation persistence in BRICS countries: A quantile autoregressive (QAR) model," MPRA Paper 79956, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ekinci, Yeliz & Ülengin, Füsun & Uray, Nimet & Ülengin, Burç, 2014. "Analysis of customer lifetime value and marketing expenditure decisions through a Markovian-based model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(1), pages 278-288.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:61:y:2010:i:1:d:10.1057_jors.2009.104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arunraj, Nari Sivanandam & Ahrens, Diane, 2015. "A hybrid seasonal autoregressive integrated moving average and quantile regression for daily food sales forecasting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(PA), pages 321-335.
More about this item
Keywordscustomer relationship management (CRM); database marketing; customer segmentation; quantile regression; prediction interval; customer lifetime value;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-05 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:09/551. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nathalie Verhaeghe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .