Somatic Cell Counts in Dairy Marketing: Quantile Regression for Count Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Richard J. Volpe & Timothy A. Park & Fengxia Dong & Helen H. Jensen, 2016. "Somatic cell counts in dairy marketing: quantile regression for count data," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 331-358.
References listed on IDEAS
- Machado, Jose A.F. & Silva, J. M. C. Santos, 2005. "Quantiles for Counts," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 1226-1237, December.
- repec:oup:revage:v:31:y:2009:i:4:p:793-813. is not listed on IDEAS
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, March.
- Greene, Catherine R. & Dimitri, Carolyn & Lin, Biing-Hwan & McBride, William D. & Oberholtzer, Lydia & Smith, Travis A., 2009. "Emerging Issues in the U.S. Organic Industry," Economic Information Bulletin 58617, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Daniel Muluwork Atsbeha & Dadi Kristofersson & Kyrre Rickertsen, 2012.
"Animal Breeding and Productivity Growth of Dairy Farms,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(4), pages 996-1012.
- Atsbeha, Daniel Muluwork & Kristofersson, Dadi & Rickertsen, Kyrre, 2012. "Animal Breeding and Productivity Growth of Dairy Farms," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126205, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- William D. McBride & Catherine Greene, 2009.
"Costs of Organic Milk Production on U.S. Dairy Farms,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 793-813.
- William D. McBride & Catherine Greene, 2009. "Costs of Organic Milk Production on U.S. Dairy Farms," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 793-813, December.
- Richard Bennett & Jos IJpelaar, 2005. "Updated Estimates of the Costs Associated with Thirty Four Endemic Livestock Diseases in Great Britain: A Note," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 135-144.
- Richard Bennett, 2003. "The 'Direct Costs'of Livestock Disease: The Development of a System of Models for the Analysis of 30 Endemic Livestock Diseases in Great Britain," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 55-71.
- MacDonald, James M. & O'Donoghue, Erik J. & McBride, William D. & Nehring, Richard F. & Sandretto, Carmen L. & Mosheim, Roberto, 2007. "Profits, Costs, and the Changing Structure of Dairy Farming," Economic Research Report 6704, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- D. F. Benoit & D. Van Den Poel, 2009. "Benefits of Quantile Regression for the Analysis of Customer Lifetime Value in a Contractual Setting: An Application in Financial Services," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/551, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Joseph V. Balagtas & Aaron Smith & Daniel A. Sumner, 2007. "Effects of Milk Marketing Order Regulation on the Share of Fluid-Grade Milk in the United States," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(4), pages 839-851.
- Wayne H. Howard & Ravinderpal Gill & Kenneth E. Leslie & Kerry Lissemore, 1991. "Monitoring and Controlling Mastitis on Ontario Dairy Farms," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(2), pages 299-318, July.
- Dong, Fengxia & Hennessy, David A. & Jensen, Helen H., 2012. "Factors determining milk quality and implications for production structure under somatic cell count standard modification," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35608, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Alfonso Miranda, 2008.
"Planned fertility and family background: a quantile regression for counts analysis,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 21(1), pages 67-81, January.
- Alfonso Miranda, 2005. "Planned Fertility and Family Background: A Quantile Regression for Counts Analysis," Keele Economics Research Papers KERP 2005/07, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
More about this item
Keywordssomatic cell counts; ARMS data; farm profitability; quantile regression; count data; Demand and Price Analysis; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; Q16; Q12; C25; Q13;
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:151425. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .