Planned Fertility and Family Background: A Quantile Regression for Counts Analysis
This paper examines how fertility plans of young individuals who live in intact families (i.e., those where both biological parents are present) differ from the fertility plans of young individuals who live in non-intact families in Mexico. The paper also analyses whether family background has a relevant role in the formation of fertility plans. An innovative technique for estimating quantile regression for count data is used for the analysis.
|Date of creation:||May 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +44 (0)1782 584581
Fax: +44 (0)1782 717577
Web page: http://www.keele.ac.uk/depts/ec/cer/Email:
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Centre for Economic Research, Research Institute for Public Policy and Management, Keele University, Staffordshire ST5 5BG - United Kingdom|
Web: http://www.keele.ac.uk/depts/ec/cer/pubs_kerps.htm Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maria Melkersson & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2000. "Modeling female fertility using inflated count data models," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 189-203.
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages S279-88, Part II, .
- Wei-Jun J. Yeung & Greg J. Duncan & Martha S. Hill, 2001. "Childhood family structure and young adult behaviors," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 271-299.
- Hans-Peter Kohler, 1997. "Learning in social networks and contraceptive choice," Demography, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 369-383, August.
- Francisco Covas & J.M.C. Santos Silva, 2000. "A modified hurdle model for completed fertility," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 173-188.
- Susan Gustavus & Charles Nam, 1970. "The formation and stability of ideal family size among young people," Demography, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 43-51, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kee:kerpuk:2005/07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martin E. Diedrich)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Martin E. Diedrich to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.