Animal Breeding and Productivity Growth of Dairy Farms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Atsbeha, Daniel Muluwork & Kristofersson, Dadi & Rickertsen, Kyrre, 2012. "Animal Breeding and Productivity Growth of Dairy Farms," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126205, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marasas, C. N. & Smale, M. & Singh, R. P., 2003. "The economic impact of productivity maintenance research: breeding for leaf rust resistance in modern wheat," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 253-263, December.
- Townsend, Robert & Thirtle, Colin, 2001. "Is livestock research unproductive?: Separating health maintenance from improvement research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 177-189, September.
- Giannis Karagiannis & Peter Midmore & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2004. "Parametric Decomposition of Output Growth Using A Stochastic Input Distance Function," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(4), pages 1044-1057.
- Loren W. Tauer, 1998. "Productivity of New York Dairy Farms Measured by Nonparametric Malmquist Indices," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 234-249.
- Bernhard Brümmer & Thomas Glauben & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Decomposition of Productivity Growth Using Distance Functions: The Case of Dairy Farms in Three European Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 628-644.
- Godden, David P. & Brennan, John P., 1994. "Technological Change Embodied in Southern NSW and British Wheat Varieties," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 62(02), August.
- Lawton L. Nalley & Andrew P. Barkley & Allen M. Featherstone, 2010. "The genetic and economic impact of the CIMMYT wheat breeding program on local producers in the Yaqui Valley, Sonora Mexico," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(5), pages 453-462, September.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kerr, William A., 1984. "Selective Breeding, Heritable Characteristics And Genetic-Based Technological Change In The Canadian Beef Cattle Industry," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 9(01), July.
- Marasas, C.N. & Smale, M. & Singh, R.P., 2003. "The economic impact of productivity maintenance research: breeding for leaf rust resistance in modern wheat," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 29(3), December.
- Saito, Yoko & Saito, Hisamitsu & Kondo, Takumi & Osanami, Fumio, 2009. "Quality-oriented technical change in Japanese wheat breeding," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1365-1375, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas & Subal C. Kumbhakar & Emir Malikov, 2015.
"Estimation of Input Distance Functions: A System Approach,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1478-1493.
- Tsionas, Efthymios & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Malikov, Emir, 2015. "Estimation of Input Distance Functions: A System Approach," MPRA Paper 62329, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Atsbeha & Dadi Kristofersson & Kyrre Rickertsen, 2015. "Broad breeding goals and production costs in dairy farming," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 403-415, June.
- Markus Lampe & Paul Sharp, 2015.
"Just add milk: a productivity analysis of the revolutionary changes in nineteenth-century Danish dairying,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 68(4), pages 1132-1153, November.
- Markus Lampe & Paul Sharp, 2014. "Just Add Milk: A Productivity Analysis of the Revolutionary Changes in Nineteenth Century Danish Dairying," Working Papers 0055, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Lampe, Markus & Sharp, Paul, 2014. "Just add milk: a productivity analysis of the revolutionary changes in nineteenth century Danish dairying," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp14-03, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Malikov, Emir, 2016. "Estimating Multi-Product Production Functions and Productivity using Control Functions," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235108, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Richard J. Volpe & Timothy A. Park & Fengxia Dong & Helen H. Jensen, 2016.
"Somatic cell counts in dairy marketing: quantile regression for count data,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 331-358.
- Volpe, Richard III & Park, Timothy A. & Hennessy, David A. & Jensen, Helen H., 2013. "Somatic Cell Counts in Dairy Marketing: Quantile Regression for Count Data," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151425, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:94:y:2012:i:4:p:996-1012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.