Estimation of Input Distance Functions: A System Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Efthymios G. Tsionas & Subal C. Kumbhakar & Emir Malikov, 2015. "Estimation of Input Distance Functions: A System Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1478-1493.
References listed on IDEAS
- Giannis Karagiannis & Peter Midmore & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2004. "Parametric Decomposition of Output Growth Using A Stochastic Input Distance Function," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(4), pages 1044-1057.
- David K. Lambert & William W. Wilson, 2003. "Valuing Varieties with Imperfect Output Quality Measurement," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 95-107.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Abhiman Das & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012. "Productivity and efficiency dynamics in Indian banking: An input distance function approach incorporating quality of inputs and outputs," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 205-234, March.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Tim Coelli & Gholamreza Hajargasht & C.A. Knox Lovell, 2008. "Econometric Estimation of an Input Distance Function in a System of Equations," CEPA Working Papers Series WP012008, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Primont, Daniel, 2002. "Stochastic estimation of firm technology, inefficiency, and productivity growth using shadow cost and distance functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 203-225, June.
- COELLI, Tim, 2000. "On the econometric estimation of the distance function representation of a production technology," CORE Discussion Papers 2000042, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Zaim, Osman, 2002. "Hyperbolic efficiency and return to the dollar," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 136(3), pages 671-679, February.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Swanson, Joseph A, 1981. "Productivity Growth, Scale Economies, and Capacity Utilization in U.S. Railroads, 1955-74," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 994-1002, December.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2013. "Specification and estimation of multiple output technologies: A primal approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 465-473.
- Daniel Muluwork Atsbeha & Dadi Kristofersson & Kyrre Rickertsen, 2012.
"Animal Breeding and Productivity Growth of Dairy Farms,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(4), pages 996-1012.
- Atsbeha, Daniel Muluwork & Kristofersson, Dadi & Rickertsen, Kyrre, 2012. "Animal Breeding and Productivity Growth of Dairy Farms," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126205, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Gudbrand Lien & Ola Flaten & Ragnar Tveterås, 2008. "Impacts of Norwegian Milk Quotas on Output Growth: A Modified Distance Function Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 350-369, June.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Cornwell, Christopher & Honerkamp, Olaf, 2003. "Measuring and Decomposing Productivity Change: Stochastic Distance Function Estimation versus Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 284-294, April.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malikov, Emir, 2016. "Estimating Multi-Product Production Functions and Productivity using Control Functions," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235108, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ligia Alba Melo-Becerra & Lucas Wilfried Hahn-De-Castro & Dalma Sofía Ariza-Hernández & Cristian Oswaldo Carmona-Sanchez, 2016. "Efficiency of Public Education in a Multiproduct Context: The Case of Colombian Municipalities," Borradores de Economia 979, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Mike Tsionas & Marwan Izzeldin & Arne Henningsen & Evaggelos Paravalos, 2019. "Estimating Stochastic Ray Production Frontiers," IFRO Working Paper 2019/06, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Bhattacharyya, Aditi & Kutlu, Levent & Sickles, Robin C., 2018. "Pricing Inputs and Outputs: Market prices versus shadow prices, market power, and welfare analysis," Working Papers 18-009, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Li, Hongchang & Yu, Kemei & Wang, Kun & Zhang, Anming, 2019. "Market power and its determinants in the Chinese railway industry," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 261-276.
- Melo-Becerra, Ligia Alba & Hahn-De-Castro, Lucas Wilfried & Ariza, Dalma Sofía & Carmona, Cristian Oswaldo, 2020. "Efficiency of local public education in a decentralized context," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Heshmati, Almas & C. Kumbhakar, Subal & Kim, Jungsuk, 2016. "Persistent and Transient Efficiency of International Airlines," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 444, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsCost Minimization; Dairy Production; Dairy Quota; Endogeneity; Input Distance Function; Stochastic Frontier;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:62329. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.