Modeling CLV: A test of competing models in the insurance industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-782, July.
- Bolton, R.N. & Lemo, K.N. & Verhoef, P.C., 2002. "The Theoretical Underpinnings of Customer Asset Management," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-80-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Dipak C. Jain & Naufel J. Vilcassim, 1991. "Investigating Household Purchase Timing Decisions: A Conditional Hazard Function Approach," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 1-23.
- Donkers, A.C.D. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Verhoef, P.C., 2001. "Using Selective Sampling for Binary Choice Models to Reduce Survey Costs," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2001-67-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Wagner Kamakura & Carl Mela & Asim Ansari & Anand Bodapati & Pete Fader & Raghuram Iyengar & Prasad Naik & Scott Neslin & Baohong Sun & Peter Verhoef & Michel Wedel & Ron Wilcox, 2005. "Choice Models and Customer Relationship Management," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 279-291, December.
- Kristiaan Helsen & David C. Schmittlein, 1993. "Analyzing Duration Times in Marketing: Evidence for the Effectiveness of Hazard Rate Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(4), pages 395-414.
- Peter S. Fader & Bruce G. S. Hardie & Chun-Yao Huang, 2004. "A Dynamic Changepoint Model for New Product Sales Forecasting," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 50-65, October.
- Peter E. Rossi & Robert E. McCulloch & Greg M. Allenby, 1996. "The Value of Purchase History Data in Target Marketing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 321-340.
- Stern, Steven, 1992. "A Method for Smoothing Simulated Moments of Discrete Probabilities in Multinomial Probit Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 943-952, July.
- Lemmens, A. & Croux, C., 2006. "Bagging and boosting classification trees to predict churn," Other publications TiSEM d5cb664d-5859-44db-a621-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ruth N. Bolton, 1998. "A Dynamic Model of the Duration of the Customer's Relationship with a Continuous Service Provider: The Role of Satisfaction," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 45-65.
- Roland T. Rust & Peter C. Verhoef, 2005. "Optimizing the Marketing Interventions Mix in Intermediate-Term CRM," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 477-489, December.
- Wagner A. Kamakura & Bruce S. Kossar & Michel Wedel, 2004. "Identifying Innovators for the Cross-Selling of New Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(8), pages 1120-1133, August.
- Franses,Philip Hans & Paap,Richard, 2010. "Quantitative Models in Marketing Research," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521143653.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:joinma:v:24:y:2010:i:3:p:198-208 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:28:y:2011:i:4:p:281-294 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:elmark:v:28:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s12525-017-0263-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boucher, Jean-Philippe & Couture-Piché, Guillaume, 2015. "Modeling the number of insureds’ cars using queuing theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 67-76.
- D. F. Benoit & D. Van Den Poel, 2009. "Benefits of Quantile Regression for the Analysis of Customer Lifetime Value in a Contractual Setting: An Application in Financial Services," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/551, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Guelman, Leo & Guillén, Montserrat & Pérez-Marín, Ana M., 2014. "A survey of personalized treatment models for pricing strategies in insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 68-76.
- Petr Čermák, 2013. "Analysis of customer lifetime value model: Literature review," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2013(4), pages 84-95.
- Yves L. Grize, 2015. "Applications of Statistics in the Field of General Insurance: An Overview," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 83(1), pages 135-159, April.
- Bel, K. & Fok, D. & Paap, R., 2014. "Parameter Estimation in Multivariate Logit models with Many Binary Choices," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2014-25, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- repec:eee:joinma:v:23:y:2009:i:2:p:157-168 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ekinci, Yeliz & Ülengin, Füsun & Uray, Nimet & Ülengin, Burç, 2014. "Analysis of customer lifetime value and marketing expenditure decisions through a Markovian-based model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(1), pages 278-288.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:26:y:2009:i:1:p:13-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joinma:v:22:y:2008:i:3:p:2-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Romaniuk, Jenni & Nenycz-Thiel, Magda, 2016. "Lapsed buyers' durable brand consideration in emerging markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 3645-3651.
- V. Kumar & Rajkumar Venkatesan & Tim Bohling & Denise Beckmann, 2008. "—The Power of CLV: Managing Customer Lifetime Value at IBM," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 585-599, 07-08.
- Montserrat Guillén & Ana María Pérez-Marín & Montserrat Guillén, 2011. "A logistic regression approach to estimating customer profit loss due to lapses in insurance," Working Papers XREAP2011-13, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2011.
- repec:eee:joinma:v:28:y:2014:i:3:p:210-224 is not listed on IDEAS
- Persson, Andreas & Ryals, Lynette, 2014. "Making customer relationship decisions: Analytics v rules of thumb," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(8), pages 1725-1732.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:130:y:2018:i:c:p:177-187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Audzeyeva, Alena & Summers, Barbara & Schenk-Hoppé, Klaus Reiner, 2012. "Forecasting customer behaviour in a multi-service financial organisation: A profitability perspective," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 507-518.
- Tat Y. Chan & Chunhua Wu & Ying Xie, 2011. "Measuring the Lifetime Value of Customers Acquired from Google Search Advertising," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(5), pages 837-850, September.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:61:y:2010:i:1:d:10.1057_jors.2009.104 is not listed on IDEAS
- David A. Schweidel & Eric T. Bradlow & Peter S. Fader, 2011. "Portfolio Dynamics for Customers of a Multiservice Provider," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(3), pages 471-486, March.
More about this item
KeywordsCustomer lifetime value; CLV-models; Forecasting; Database marketing; M30; C53; C35;
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:qmktec:v:5:y:2007:i:2:p:163-190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.