Evaluation of the effect of policy regime shifts in Iranian Distributional changes using a Micro Simulation Framework
Improvement in incomes distribution has been one of the major targets of Iranian policy makers; however, during 1991 to 2004, policy regimes have shifted frequently, and evaluation of the effect of policy regime shifts in Iran’s distributional changes due to these policy regime shifts could be illuminating. In this paper, we’ve established a method which computes the effect of policy regime shifts in households’ and individuals’ incomes. This method is based on a micro simulation framework developed by Bourguignon and Ferreira in 2004; moreover, we benefited from work by Heckman on Sample Selection Bias. Finally, we have compared two successive years on each instance of policy shift. Results of micro-simulation show Iranian distributive policies wouldn’t have expected effects to higher and lower deciles of incomes; in other words, government attempts in equalizing incomes haven’t met their aim.
|Date of creation:||29 Sep 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1994.
"Distributive Politics and Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 465-490.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani & Alesina, Alberto, 1994. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," Scholarly Articles 4551798, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kristin J. Forbes, 2000. "A Reassessment of the Relationship between Inequality and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 869-887, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10830. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.