Internal Labour Market Mobility in 2005-2011: The Case of Latvia
This research gives an overview of labour market internal and occupational mobility in Latvia comparing periods before, during and after the crisis. It uses both the labour flow analysis and the survival analysis to evaluate labour mobility and to determine factors influencing it. The analysis is based on labour force survey (LFS) longitudinal data for 2005–2011. The paper investigates possible asymmetric responses of the labour market during the extreme period of economic boom and bust, provides detailed information on the aspects of labour market mobility (e.g. changes in the types of labour contract, sector and region of work) and factors determining changes in the status of economic activity (employed or unemployed). We also propose a new way for calculating labour market flows to provide information on quarterly changes.
|Date of creation:||03 Aug 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: K. Valdemara iela 2a, LV-1050 Riga|
Phone: +371 702 2300
Fax: +371 702 2420
Web page: https://www.bank.lv/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anna Zasova & Aleksejs Melihovs, 2005. "Assessment of Labour Market Elasticity in Latvia," Working Papers 2005/03, Latvijas Banka.
- Mihails Hazans, 2004.
"Does Commuting Reduce Wage Disparities?,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 360-390.
- Mihails Hazans, 2005. "Does Commuting Reduce Wage Disparities?," Labor and Demography 0509012, EconWPA.
- Konstantīns Beņkovskis, 2012. "Competitiveness of Latvia's exporters," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 17-45, December.
- Konstantins Benkovskis, 2012. "Competitiveness of Latvia's Exporters," Working Papers 2012/03, Latvijas Banka.
- Dr Tatiana Fic & Ana Rincon-Aznar & Lucy Stokes & Dawn Holland, 2011. "Labour mobility within the EU," NIESR Discussion Papers 379, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Michael W. L. Elsby & Jennifer C. Smith & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2011. "The role of worker flows in the dynamics and distribution of UK unemployment," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 338-363.
- Michael W. L. Elsby & Jennifer C. Smith & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2011. "The Role of Worker Flows in the Dynamics and Distribution of UK Unemployment," CEP Discussion Papers dp1058, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Elsby, Michael W.L. & Smith, Jennifer C. & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 2011. "The role of worker flows in the dynamics and distribution of UK unemployment," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 962, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Elsby, Michael & Smith, Jennifer C. & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 2011. "The Role of Worker Flows in the Dynamics and Distribution of UK Unemployment," IZA Discussion Papers 5784, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mihails Hazans, 2003. "Determinants of Inter-Regional Migration in the Baltic Countries," ERSA conference papers ersa03p354, European Regional Science Association.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2003. "Determinants of inter-regional migration in the Baltic countries," ZEI Working Papers B 17-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 2002. "Gross worker and job flows in a transition economy: an analysis of Estonia," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 601-630, November.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 1999. "Gross worker and job flows in a transition economy : an analysis of Estonia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2082, The World Bank.
- repec:nsr:niesrd:379 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Diamond, Peter, 1992. "The Flow Approach to Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 354-359, May.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Peter Diamond, 1992. "The Flow Approach to Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 4000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Concha Artola & Una-Louise Bell, 1999. "Identifying Labour Market Dynamics using Labour Force Survey Data," Working Papers 9922, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Hazans, Mihails & Philips, Kaia, 2011. "The Post-Enlargement Migration Experience in the Baltic Labor Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 5878, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Torben Kuhlenkasper & Max Friedrich Steinhardt, 2011. "Unemployment Duration in Germany – A comprehensive study with dynamic hazard models and P-Splines," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2011018, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Kuhlenkasper, Torben & Steinhardt, Max Friedrich, 2011. "Unemployment duration in Germany: A comprehensive study with dynamic hazard models and P-Splines," HWWI Research Papers 111, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Vladislav Flek & Martina Mysíková, 2015. "Uneployment Dynamics in Central Europe: A Labour Flow Approach," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(1), pages 73-87.
- Vladislav Flek & Martina Mysíková, 2012. "Unemployment Dynamics in Central Europe: A Labor Flow Approach," Working Papers IES 2012/07, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Mar 2012.
- Jamie Jenkins & Mark Chandler, 2010. "Labour market gross flows data from the Labour Force Survey," Economic & Labour Market Review, Palgrave Macmillan;Office for National Statistics, vol. 4(2), pages 25-30, February.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2005. "Unemployment and the earnings structure in Latvia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3504, The World Bank.
- Jaanika Meriküll, 2011. "Labour market mobility during a recession : the case of Estonia," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2011-01, Bank of Estonia, revised 22 Feb 2011.
- Alexandre Janiak, 2008. "Mobility in Europe - Why it is low, the bottlenecks, and the policy solutions," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 340, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- José María Casado & Cristina Fernández-Vidaurreta & Juan F. Jimeno, 2012. "Labour flows in the EU at the beginning of the crisis," Economic Bulletin, Banco de España;Economic Bulletin Homepage, issue JAN, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ltv:wpaper:201302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Konstantins Benkovskis)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.