Internal Labour Market Mobility in 2005-2011: The Case of Latvia
This research gives an overview of labour market internal and occupational mobility in Latvia comparing periods before, during and after the crisis. It uses both the labour flow analysis and the survival analysis to evaluate labour mobility and to determine factors influencing it. The analysis is based on labour force survey (LFS) longitudinal data for 2005–2011. The paper investigates possible asymmetric responses of the labour market during the extreme period of economic boom and bust, provides detailed information on the aspects of labour market mobility (e.g. changes in the types of labour contract, sector and region of work) and factors determining changes in the status of economic activity (employed or unemployed). We also propose a new way for calculating labour market flows to provide information on quarterly changes.
|Date of creation:||03 Aug 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +371 702 2300
Fax: +371 702 2420
Web page: http://www.bank.lv/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mihails Hazans, 2004.
"Does Commuting Reduce Wage Disparities?,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 360-390.
- Michael W. L. Elsby & Jennifer C. Smith & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2011.
"The role of worker flows in the dynamics and distribution of UK unemployment,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 338-363.
- Elsby, Michael W.L. & Smith, Jennifer C. & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 2011. "The role of worker flows in the dynamics and distribution of UK unemployment," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 962, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Elsby, Michael & Smith, Jennifer C. & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 2011. "The Role of Worker Flows in the Dynamics and Distribution of UK Unemployment," IZA Discussion Papers 5784, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael W. L. Elsby & Jennifer C. Smith & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2011. "The Role of Worker Flows in the Dynamics and Distribution of UK Unemployment," CEP Discussion Papers dp1058, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Jamie Jenkins & Mark Chandler, 2010. "Labour market gross flows data from the Labour Force Survey," Economic and Labour Market Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 4(2), pages 25-30, February.
- Mihails Hazans, 2003.
"Determinants of Inter-Regional Migration in the Baltic Countries,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p354, European Regional Science Association.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2003. "Determinants of inter-regional migration in the Baltic countries," ZEI Working Papers B 17-2003, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 1999.
"Gross worker and job flows in a transition economy : an analysis of Estonia,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2082, The World Bank.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 2002. "Gross worker and job flows in a transition economy: an analysis of Estonia," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 601-630, November.
- Anna Zasova & Aleksejs Melihovs, 2005. "Assessment of Labour Market Elasticity in Latvia," Working Papers 2005/03, Latvijas Banka.
- Jaanika Meriküll, 2011. "Labour market mobility during a recession : the case of Estonia," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2011-01, Bank of Estonia, revised 22 Feb 2011.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Diamond, Peter, 1992.
"The Flow Approach to Labor Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 354-59, May.
- Concha Artola & Una-Louise Bell, 1999. "Identifying Labour Market Dynamics using Labour Force Survey Data," Banco de Espa�a Working Papers 9922, Banco de Espa�a.
- Vladislav Flek & Martina Mysíková, 2015.
"Uneployment Dynamics in Central Europe: A Labour Flow Approach,"
Prague Economic Papers,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(1), pages 73-87.
- Vladislav Flek & Martina Mysíková, 2012. "Unemployment Dynamics in Central Europe: A Labor Flow Approach," Working Papers IES 2012/07, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Mar 2012.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2005. "Unemployment and the earnings structure in Latvia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3504, The World Bank.
- Torben Kuhlenkasper & Max Friedrich Steinhardt, 2011.
"Unemployment Duration in Germany – A comprehensive study with dynamic hazard models and P-Splines,"
Norface Discussion Paper Series
2011018, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Kuhlenkasper, Torben & Steinhardt, Max Friedrich, 2011. "Unemployment duration in Germany: A comprehensive study with dynamic hazard models and P-Splines," HWWI Research Papers 111, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Konstantins Benkovskis, 2012.
"Competitiveness of Latvia's Exporters,"
2012/03, Latvijas Banka.
- Hazans, Mihails & Philips, Kaia, 2011. "The Post-Enlargement Migration Experience in the Baltic Labor Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 5878, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:nsr:niesrd:379 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexandre Janiak, 2008. "Mobility in Europe - Why it is low, the bottlenecks, and the policy solutions," European Economy - Economic Papers 340, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ltv:wpaper:201302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ivars Tillers)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.