Determinants of inter-regional migration in the Baltic countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mihails Hazans, 2003. "Determinants of Inter-Regional Migration in the Baltic Countries," ERSA conference papers ersa03p354, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cameron, Gavin & Muellbauer, John, 1998.
"The Housing Market and Regional Commuting and Migration Choices,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 45(4), pages 420-446, September.
- Cameron, Gavin & Muellbauer, John, 1998. "The Housing Market and Regional Commuting and Migration Choices," CEPR Discussion Papers 1945, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Borjas, George J., 1999. "The economic analysis of immigration," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1697-1760 Elsevier.
- Fidrmuc, Jan, 2004.
"Migration and regional adjustment to asymmetric shocks in transition economies,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 230-247, June.
- Jan Fidrmuc, 2002. "Migration and regional adjustment to asymmetric shocks in transition economies," CPB Discussion Paper 7, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Fidrmuc, Jan, 2003. "Migration and Regional Adjustment to Asymmetric Shocks in Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 3798, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chiara Bentivogli & Patrizio Pagano, 1999. "Regional Disparities and Labour Mobility: the Euro-11 versus the USA," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 13(3), pages 737-760, September.
- Burda, Michael C, 1995.
"Migration and the Option Value of Waiting,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1229, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Burda,M.C., 1995. "Migration and the Option Value of Waiting," Papers 597, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- M. C. Burda, 1995. "Migration and the Option Value of Waiting," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1995,58, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Burda, Michael C., 1993.
"The determinants of East-West German migration: Some first results,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 452-461, April.
- Burda, Michael C, 1993. "The Determinants of East-West German Migration: Some First Results," CEPR Discussion Papers 764, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter Huber, 2004.
"Inter-regional mobility in Europe: a note on the cross-country evidence,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(10), pages 619-624.
- Peter Huber, 2004. "Inter-regional Mobility in Europe. A Note on the Cross-Country Evidence," WIFO Working Papers 221, WIFO.
- Patrick A. Puhani, 2001.
"Labour Mobility: An Adjustment Mechanism in Euroland? Empirical Evidence for Western Germany, France and Italy,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 2(2), pages 127-140, May.
- Puhani, Patrick A., 1999. "Labour mobility - an adjustment mechanism in Euroland? Empirical evidence for Western Germany, France and Italy," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-47, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jennifer Hunt, 2000.
"Why Do People Still Live in East Germany?,"
NBER Working Papers
7564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hunt, Jennifer, 2000. "Why Do People Still Live in East Germany?," IZA Discussion Papers 123, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jennifer Hunt, 2000. "Why Do People Still Live in East Germany?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 201, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hunt, Jennifer, 2000. "Why Do People Still Live In East Germany?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2431, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pissarides, Christopher A & McMaster, Ian, 1990. "Regional Migration, Wages and Unemployment: Empirical Evidence and Implications for Policy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 812-831, October.
- Fertig, Michael & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2000. "Aggregate-Level Migration Studies as a Tool for Forecasting Future Migration Streams," IZA Discussion Papers 183, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael C. Burda & Jennifer Hunt, 2001. "From Reunification to Economic Integration: Productivity and the Labor Market in Eastern Germany," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 32(2), pages 1-92.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2003. "Commuting in the Baltic States: Patterns, determinants and gains," ZEI Working Papers B 02-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul & Price, Stephen Wheatley, 1996. " Migration Theories and Evidence: An Assessment," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 159-198, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mihails Hazans, 2007.
"Looking for the workforce: the elderly, discouraged workers, minorities, and students in the Baltic labour markets,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 319-349, September.
- Mihails Hazans, 2005. "Looking for the Workforce - the Elderly, Discouraged Workers, Minorities, and Students in the Baltic Labour Markets," ERSA conference papers ersa05p344, European Regional Science Association.
- Mihails Hazans, 2005. "Looking for the Workforce: the Elderly, Discouraged Workers, Minorities, and Students in the Baltic Labour Markets," Labor and Demography 0507008, EconWPA.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Peter Huber, 2007.
"The willingness to migrate in the CEECs evidence from the Czech Republic,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 351-369, September.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Peter Huber, 2007. "The Willingness to Migrate in the CEECs. Evidence from the Czech Republic," WIFO Working Papers 286, WIFO.
- Peter Huber & Iulia Traistaru, 2003. "Regional Growth and Adjustment of the Labour Market in the CEE Countries," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 76(11), pages 841-850, November.
- Ieva Brauksa & Ludmila Fadejeva, 2013. "Internal Labour Market Mobility in 2005-2011: The Case of Latvia," Working Papers 2013/02, Latvijas Banka.
- Martin JANOTKA & Vladimir GAZDA, 2012. "Modelling Of Interregional Migration In Slovakia," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 7(1(19)/ Sp), pages 48-55.
- Hazans, Mihails & Philips, Kaia, 2011. "The Post-Enlargement Migration Experience in the Baltic Labor Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 5878, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Asfaha, T.A. & Jooste, Andre, 2006. "The agricultural input elasticity of rural-urban migration in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 45(1), March.
- World Bank, 2012. "In Search of Opportunities : How a More Mobile Workforce Can Propel Ukraine’s Prosperity (Vol. 2 of 2) : Technical Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12287, The World Bank.
- Månsson, Jonas & Olsson, Mikael, 2010. "Mobility sans integration? An analysis of labor market attainment in Sweden among its post-war immigrants from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland," CAFO Working Papers 2010:6, Linnaeus University, Centre for Labour Market Policy Research (CAFO), School of Business and Economics.
- Jan J. Rutkowski & Stefano Scarpetta, 2005. "Enhancing Job Opportunities : Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7408.
- Anna Zasova & Aleksejs Melihovs, 2005. "Assessment of Labour Market Elasticity in Latvia," Working Papers 2005/03, Latvijas Banka.
- Peter Huber & Jan Fidrmuc, 2006. "Who Is Willing to Migrate in the CEECS? Evidence From the Czech Republic," ERSA conference papers ersa06p471, European Regional Science Association.
- Aldashev, Alisher & Dietz, Barbara, 2011. "Determinants of internal migration in Kazakhstan," MPRA Paper 34922, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:37:i:4:p:393-408 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aldashev, Alisher & Dietz, Barbara, 2014.
"Economic and spatial determinants of interregional migration in Kazakhstan,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 379-396.
- Aldashev, Alisher & Dietz, Barbara, 2012. "Economic and Spatial Determinants of Interregional Migration in Kazakhstan," IZA Discussion Papers 6289, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hubert Gabrisch & Herbert Buscher, 2006. "The Relationship between Unemployment and Output in Post-communist Countries," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 261-276.
- Vladimir Gligorov & Anna Iara & Michael Landesmann & Robert Stehrer & Hermine Vidovic, 2008. "Western Balkan Countries: Adjustment Capacity to External Shocks, with a Focus on Labour Markets," wiiw Research Reports 352, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Mihails Hazans, 2004. "Does Commuting Reduce Wage Disparities?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 360-390.
- Pierella Paci & Erwin R. Tiongson & Mateusz Walewski & Jacek Liwinski & Maria M. Stoilkova, 2007. "Internal Labor Mobility in Central Europe and the Baltic Region," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6598.
- Gintautas Bloze, 2009. "Interregional migration and housing structure in an East European transition country: A view of Lithuania 2001-2008," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 47-66, December.
- Josep-Maria Arauzo-Carod & Daniel Liviano-SolÃs, 2012. "Migration Determinants at a Local Level," ERSA conference papers ersa12p500, European Regional Science Association.
- A. Daniela Cristina, 2008. "What Sways the Decision to Migrate? An Empirical Analysis of the Argentinean Case," Revista de Economía y Estadística, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Instituto de Economía y Finanzas, vol. 0(1), pages 7-30, January.
- Huber, Peter, 2004. "Inter-regional mobility in the accession countries : a comparison with EU15 member states," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 37(4), pages 393-408.
- Olga Kupets, 2012. "Characteristics and Determinants of Internal Labor Mobility in Ukraine," World Bank Other Operational Studies 26804, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; Regional Disparities; Regional Labour Markets;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zeiwps:b172003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zeibnde.html .