Commuting in the Baltic States: Patterns, determinants and gains
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wasmer, Etienne & Zenou, Yves, 1999. "Does Space Affect Search? A Theory of Local Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 2157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Jacques-FranÁois Thisse & Yves Zenou, 2002.
"Local Labor Markets, Job Matching, and Urban Location,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(1), pages 155-171, February.
- Brueckner, Jan & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zenou, Yves, 2000. "Local Labour Markets, Job Matching and Urban Location," CEPR Discussion Papers 2612, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- BRUECKNER, Jan K. & THISSE , Jacques-FranÃ§ois & ZENOU, Yves, 2002. "Local labor markets, job matching, and urban location," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1545, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jan K. Brueckner & Hyun-A Kim, 2001. "Land Markets in the Harris-Todaro Model: A New Factor Equilibrating Rural-Urban Migration," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 507-520.
- Carola Grün & Stephan Klasen, 2001.
"Growth, income distribution and well-being in transition countries,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(2), pages 359-394, July.
- Grün, Carola & Klasen, Stephan, 2000. "Growth, Income Distribution, And well-Being In Transition Countries," Discussion Papers in Economics 26, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Lothlorien Redmond & Patricia Mokhtarian, 2001.
"The positive utility of the commute: modeling ideal commute time and relative desired commute amount,"
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 179-205, May.
- Redmond, Lothlorien S. & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2001. "The Positive Utility of the Commute: Modeling Ideal Commute Time and Relative Desired Commute Amount," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4mc291p2, University of California Transportation Center.
- Kim S. So & Peter F. Orazem & Daniel M. Otto, 2001.
"The Effects of Housing Prices, Wages, and Commuting Time on Joint Residential and Job Location Choices,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(4), pages 1036-1048.
- So, Kim S. & Orazem, Peter F. & Otto, Daniel M., 1998. "The Effects Of Housing Prices, Wages, And Commuting Time On Joint Residential And Job Location Choices," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20779, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- So, Kim Sui & Orazem, Peter & Otto, Daniel, 2009. "The Effect of Housing Prices, Wages, and Commuting Time on Joint Residential and Job Location Choices," Staff General Research Papers Archive 4050, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rouwendal, Jan, 1998. "Search Theory, Spatial Labor Markets, and Commuting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Zax, Jeffrey S & Kain, John F, 1996.
"Moving to the Suburbs: Do Relocating Companies Leave Their Black Employees Behind?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 472-504, July.
- Zax, J.S. & Kain, J.F., 1991. "Moving to the Suburbs: Do Relocating Companies Leave Their Black Employees Behind?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1562, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Wrede, Matthias, 2001. "Should Commuting Expenses Be Tax Deductible? A Welfare Analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 80-99, January.
- Richard Arnott, 1998.
"Economic Theory and the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(7), pages 1171-1185, June.
- Richard Arnott, 1997. "Economic Theory and the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 390., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Richard W. Martin, 2001. "Spatial Mismatch and Costly Suburban Commutes: Can Commuting Subsidies Help?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(8), pages 1305-1318, July.
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2000. " The Heckman Correction for Sample Selection and Its Critique," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, February.
- Newell, Andrew T., 2001. "The Distribution of Wages in Transition Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 267, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brian D. Taylor & Paul M. Ong, 1995. "Spatial Mismatch or Automobile Mismatch? An Examination of Race, Residence and Commuting in US Metropolitan Areas," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 32(9), pages 1453-1473, November.
- Zenou, Yves, 2000.
"Urban unemployment, agglomeration and transportation policies,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 97-133, July.
- Zenou, Yves, 1999. "Urban Unemployment, Agglomeration and Transportation Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 2309, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rouwendal, Jan, 1999. "Spatial job search and commuting distances," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 491-517, July.
- Mitch Renkow & Dale Hoover, 2000. "Commuting, Migration, and Rural-Urban Population Dynamics," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 261-287.
- Jos van Ommeren & Gerard J. van den Berg & Cees Gorter, 2000.
"Estimating the Marginal Willingness to Pay for Commuting,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 541-563.
- Ommeren, Jos van & Berg, Gerard J. van den & Gorter, Cees, 1998. "Estimating the marginal willingness to pay for commuting," Serie Research Memoranda 0046, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Jan Rouwendal & Erik Meijer, 2001. "Preferences for Housing, Jobs, and Commuting: A Mixed Logit Analysis," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 475-505.
- repec:wly:riskan:v:20:y:2000:i:3:p:295-296 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas, Jonathan M., 1998. "Ethnic Variation in Commuting Propensity and Unemployment Spells: Some U.K. Evidence," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 385-400, May.
- Thomas J. Cooke & Stephen L. Ross, 1999. "Sample Selection Bias in Models of Commuting Time," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 36(9), pages 1597-1611, August.
- van Ommeren, Jos & Rietveld, Piet & Nijkamp, Peter, 1999. "Job Moving, Residential Moving, and Commuting: A Search Perspective," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 230-253, September.
- Coulson, N Edward & Laing, Derek & Wang, Ping, 2001. "Spatial Mismatch in Search Equilibrium," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(4), pages 949-972, October.
- R.W. McQuaid, 2001. "Unemployed Job Seeker Attitudes towards Potential Travel-to-Work Times," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 355-368.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Martin, Richard W., 1997. "Spatial mismatch: An equilibrium analysis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 693-714, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anna Zasova & Aleksejs Melihovs, 2005. "Assessment of Labour Market Elasticity in Latvia," Working Papers 2005/03, Latvijas Banka.
- Peter Huber, 2011. "Educational Attainment and Education-job Mismatch of Cross-border Commuters in the EU," WIFO Working Papers 388, WIFO.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2003.
"Determinants of inter-regional migration in the Baltic countries,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 17-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Mihails Hazans, 2003. "Determinants of Inter-Regional Migration in the Baltic Countries," ERSA conference papers ersa03p354, European Regional Science Association.
- Napolitano, Oreste & Bonasia, Mariangela, 2010. "Determinants of different internal migration trends: the Italian experience," MPRA Paper 21734, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giovanni Russo & Federico Tedeschi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2014.
"Commuter Effects on Local Labour Markets: A German Modelling Study,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 51(3), pages 493-508, February.
- Giovanni Russo & Federico Tedeschi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2011. "Commuter Effects on Local Labour Markets: A German Modelling Study," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-114/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mihails Hazans, 2003. "Potential emigration of Latvian labour force after joining the EU and its impact on Latvian labour market," SSE Riga/BICEPS Research Papers 2003-2, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies (BICEPS);Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga).
- World Bank, 2012. "In Search of Opportunities : How a More Mobile Workforce Can Propel Ukraine’s Prosperity (Vol. 2 of 2) : Technical Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12287, The World Bank.
- Silaghi, Monica Ioana & Ghatak, Subrata, 2011. "Why do not They Move from Rural to Urban Areas? Inter-Regional Migration in Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 143-158, March.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20110114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hazans, Mihails, 2005. "Unemployment and the earnings structure in Latvia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3504, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordscommuting; earnings functions; treatment effects model; wage disparities; Baltic States; ethnic minority;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zeiwps:b022003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zeibnde.html .