Does Commuting Reduce Wage Disparities?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Wrede, Matthias, 2001. "Should Commuting Expenses Be Tax Deductible? A Welfare Analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 80-99, January.
- Wasmer, Etienne & Zenou, Yves, 1999. "Does Space Affect Search? A Theory of Local Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 2157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Arnott, 1998.
"Economic Theory and the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis,"
Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(7), pages 1171-1185, June.
- Richard Arnott, 1997. "Economic Theory and the Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 390., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Jacques-FranÁois Thisse & Yves Zenou, 2002.
"Local Labor Markets, Job Matching, and Urban Location,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(1), pages 155-171, February.
- Brueckner, Jan & Thisse, Jacques-François & Zenou, Yves, 2000. "Local Labour Markets, Job Matching and Urban Location," CEPR Discussion Papers 2612, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- BRUECKNER, Jan K. & THISSE , Jacques-François & ZENOU, Yves, 2002. "Local labor markets, job matching, and urban location," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1545, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2000. "The Heckman Correction for Sample Selection and Its Critique," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, February.
- Coulson, N Edward & Laing, Derek & Wang, Ping, 2001. "Spatial Mismatch in Search Equilibrium," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(4), pages 949-972, October.
- Mihails Hazans, 2003.
"Determinants of Inter-Regional Migration in the Baltic Countries,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p354, European Regional Science Association.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2003. "Determinants of inter-regional migration in the Baltic countries," ZEI Working Papers B 17-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Zenou, Yves, 2000.
"Urban unemployment, agglomeration and transportation policies,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 97-133, July.
- Zenou, Yves, 1999. "Urban Unemployment, Agglomeration and Transportation Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 2309, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kim S. So & Peter F. Orazem & Daniel M. Otto, 2001.
"The Effects of Housing Prices, Wages, and Commuting Time on Joint Residential and Job Location Choices,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(4), pages 1036-1048.
- So, Kim S. & Orazem, Peter F. & Otto, Daniel M., 1998. "The Effects Of Housing Prices, Wages, And Commuting Time On Joint Residential And Job Location Choices," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20779, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- So, Kim Sui & Orazem, Peter & Otto, Daniel, 2009. "The Effect of Housing Prices, Wages, and Commuting Time on Joint Residential and Job Location Choices," Staff General Research Papers Archive 4050, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- So, Kim S. & Orazem, Peter F. & Otto, Daniel M., 1998. "The Effects of Housing Prices, Wages, and Commuting Time on Joint Residential and Job Location Choices," ISU General Staff Papers 199801010800001025, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jan Rouwendal & Erik Meijer, 2001. "Preferences for Housing, Jobs, and Commuting: A Mixed Logit Analysis," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 475-505, August.
- Zax, Jeffrey S & Kain, John F, 1996.
"Moving to the Suburbs: Do Relocating Companies Leave Their Black Employees Behind?,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 472-504, July.
- Zax, J.S. & Kain, J.F., 1991. "Moving to the Suburbs: Do Relocating Companies Leave Their Black Employees Behind?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1562, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Newell, Andrew T., 2001. "The Distribution of Wages in Transition Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 267, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Brian D. Taylor & Paul M. Ong, 1995. "Spatial Mismatch or Automobile Mismatch? An Examination of Race, Residence and Commuting in US Metropolitan Areas," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 32(9), pages 1453-1473, November.
- R.W. McQuaid & M. Greig & J. Adams, 2001. "Unemployed Job Seeker Attitudes towards Potential Travel‐to‐Work Times," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 355-368.
- Siaw Akwawua & James A. Pooler, 2001. "The development of an intervening opportunities model with spatial dominance effects," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 69-86, May.
- Zax, Jeffrey S., 1991. "Compensation for commutes in labor and housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 192-207, September.
- Webster, David, 2000. "The Geographical Concentration of Labour-Market Disadvantage," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 114-128, Spring.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Martin, Richard W., 1997. "Spatial mismatch: An equilibrium analysis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 693-714, November.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maye Ehab, 2018. "The Commuting Gender Gap and Females’ Participation and Earnings in the Egyptian Labor Market," Working Papers 1211, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Jun 2018.
- Leck, Eran & Bekhor, Shlomo & Gat, Daniel, 2008. "Equity Impacts of Transportation Improvements On Core and Peripheral Cities," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 1(2), pages 153-182.
- Thorsen, Helge Sandvig & Thorsen, Inge, 2017. "Effects of transportation barriers on geographic asymmetries in labour markets," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 27-37.
- Budy P. Resosudarmo & Asep Suryahadi & Raden Purnagunawan & Athia Yumna & Asri Yusrina, 2009. "The Socioeconomic and Health Status of RuralÃ¢â‚¬â€œUrban Migrants in Indonesia," Development Economics Working Papers 23042, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20110114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandow, Erika & Westin, Kerstin, 2010. "The persevering commuter - Duration of long-distance commuting," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 433-445, July.
- Jacob, Nikita & Munford, Luke & Rice, Nigel & Roberts, Jennifer, 2019.
"The disutility of commuting? The effect of gender and local labor markets,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 264-275.
- Munford, L.; & Rice, N.; & Roberts, J.; & Jacob, N.;, 2018. "The disutility of commuting? The effect of gender and local labour markets," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 18/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Luke Munford & Nigel Rice & Jennifer Roberts & Nikita Jacob, 2018. "The disutility of commuting? The effect of gender and local labour markets," Working Papers 2018010, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Sergii TROSHCHENKOV, 2016. "Return to Commuting Distance in Sweden," Departmental Working Papers 2016-08, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Ieva Brauksa & Ludmila Fadejeva, 2013. "Internal Labour Market Mobility in 2005-2011: The Case of Latvia," Working Papers 2013/02, Latvijas Banka.
- Natalia Presman & Arie Arnon, 2006. "Commuting patterns in Israel 1991-2004," Bank of Israel Working Papers 2006.04, Bank of Israel.
- Giovanni Russo & Federico Tedeschi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2014.
"Commuter Effects on Local Labour Markets: A German Modelling Study,"
Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 51(3), pages 493-508, February.
- Giovanni Russo & Federico Tedeschi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2011. "Commuter Effects on Local Labour Markets: A German Modelling Study," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-114/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mihails Hazans, 2003. "Returns to Education in the Baltic Countries," SSE Riga/BICEPS Research Papers 2003-1, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies (BICEPS);Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga).
- Natalia Presman & Arie Arnon, 2000. "Commuting Patterns in Israel," Regional and Urban Modeling 283600076, EcoMod.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2005. "Unemployment and the earnings structure in Latvia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3504, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordscommuting; wage disparities; earnings functions; Baltic countries;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2005-10-04 (Education)
- NEP-GEO-2005-10-04 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2005-10-04 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2005-10-04 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:0509012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.