The Commuting Gender Gap and Females’ Participation and Earnings in the Egyptian Labor Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mihails Hazans, 2004. "Does Commuting Reduce Wage Disparities?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 360-390, September.
- van den Berg, Gerard J & Gorter, Cees, 1997. "Job Search and Commuting Time," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(2), pages 269-281, April.
- Annekatrin Niebuhr & Nadia Granato & Anette Haas & Silke Hamann, 2012.
"Does Labour Mobility Reduce Disparities between Regional Labour Markets in Germany?,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(7), pages 841-858, September.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin & Granato, Nadia & Haas, Anette & Hamann, Silke, 2009. "Does labour mobility reduce disparities between regional labour markets in Germany?," IAB Discussion Paper 200915, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Eva GutiÃ©rrez-i-Puigarnau & Jos N van Ommeren, 2015. "Commuting and labour supply revisited," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 52(14), pages 2551-2563, November.
- Assaad, Ragui & Krafft, Caroline & Selwaness, Irene, 2017.
"The Impact of Early Marriage on Women’s Employment in the Middle East and North Africa,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
66, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Ragui Assaad & Caroline Krafft & Irene Selwaness, 2017. "The Impact of Early Marriage on Women’s Employment in the Middle East and North Africa," Working Papers 1086, Economic Research Forum, revised 04 2017.
- McDonough, Ian K. & Millimet, Daniel L., 2017. "Missing data, imputation, and endogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 199(2), pages 141-155.
- Jos Van Ommeren & Gerard J. Van Den Berg & Cees Gorter, 2000.
"Estimating the Marginal Willingness to Pay for Commuting,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 541-563, August.
- Ommeren, Jos van & Berg, Gerard J. van den & Gorter, Cees, 1998. "Estimating the marginal willingness to pay for commuting," Serie Research Memoranda 0046, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Charlene Kalenkoski & David Ribar & Leslie Stratton, 2009.
"The influence of wages on parents’ allocations of time to child care and market work in the United Kingdom,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(2), pages 399-419, April.
- Kalenkoski, Charlene M. & Ribar, David C. & Stratton, Leslie S., 2006. "The Influence of Wages on Parents’ Allocations of Time to Child Care and Market Work in the United Kingdom," IZA Discussion Papers 2436, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Zax, Jeffrey S., 1991. "Compensation for commutes in labor and housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 192-207, September.
- Ragui Assaad & Caroline Krafft, 2013.
"The Egypt labor market panel survey: introducing the 2012 round,"
IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-30, December.
- Ragui Assaad & Caroline Krafft, 2013. "The Egypt Labor Market Panel Survey: Introducing the 2012 Round," Working Papers 758, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2013.
- White, Michelle J, 1986. "Sex Differences in Urban Commuting Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 368-372, May.
- Van Ommeren, Jos & Fosgerau, Mogens, 2009. "Workers' marginal costs of commuting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 38-47, January.
- Rachel Connelly & Jean Kimmel, 2009.
"Spousal influences on parents’ non-market time choices,"
Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 361-394, December.
- Connelly, Rachel & Kimmel, Jean, 2007. "Spousal Influences on Parents' Non-Market Time Choices," IZA Discussion Papers 2894, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cristina Borra & Almudena Sevilla & Jonathan Gershuny, 2013. "Calibrating Time-Use Estimates for the British Household Panel Survey," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 1211-1224, December.
- Kimmel, Jean & Connelly, Rachel, 2006. "Is Mothers' Time With Their Children Home Production or Leisure?," IZA Discussion Papers 2058, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cogan, John F, 1981. "Fixed Costs and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 945-963, June.
- J. Ignacio Gimenez-Nadal & José Alberto Molina, 2016.
"Commuting Time And Household Responsibilities: Evidence Using Propensity Score Matching,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 332-359, March.
- Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto, 2015. "Commuting Time and Household Responsibilities: Evidence Using Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 8794, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- J. Ignacio Gimenez-Nadal & José Alberto Molina, 2014. "Commuting Time and Labour Supply in the Netherlands A Time Use Study," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 48(3), pages 409-426, September.
- Giovanni Russo & Federico Tedeschi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2014.
"Commuter Effects on Local Labour Markets: A German Modelling Study,"
Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 51(3), pages 493-508, February.
- Giovanni Russo & Federico Tedeschi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2011. "Commuter Effects on Local Labour Markets: A German Modelling Study," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-114/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Dan Black & Natalia Kolesnikova & Seth Sanders & Lowell Taylor, 2013.
"The role of location in evaluating racial wage disparity,"
IZA Journal of Labor Economics, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Dan A. Black & Natalia A. Kolesnikova & Seth G. Sanders & Lowell J. Taylor, 2009. "The role of location in evaluating racial wage disparity," Working Papers 2009-043, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Assaad, Ragui & Arntz, Melanie, 2005. "Constrained Geographical Mobility and Gendered Labor Market Outcomes Under Structural Adjustment: Evidence from Egypt," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 431-454, March.
- Abe, Yukiko, 2011. "Family labor supply, commuting time, and residential decisions: The case of the Tokyo Metropolitan Area," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 49-63, March.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2019-01-21 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-URE-2019-01-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erg:wpaper:1211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sherine Ghoneim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erfaceg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.