Looking for the Workforce: the Elderly, Discouraged Workers, Minorities, and Students in the Baltic Labour Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mihails Hazans, 2007. "Looking for the workforce: the elderly, discouraged workers, minorities, and students in the Baltic labour markets," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 319-349, September.
- Mihails Hazans, 2005. "Looking for the Workforce - the Elderly, Discouraged Workers, Minorities, and Students in the Baltic Labour Markets," ERSA conference papers ersa05p344, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rutkowski, Jan, 2003. "Rapid labor reallocation with a stagnant unemployment pool : the puzzle of the labor market in Lithuania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2946, The World Bank.
- Mihails Hazans, 2003. "Potential emigration of Latvian labour force after joining the EU and its impact on Latvian labour market," SSE Riga/BICEPS Research Papers 2003-2, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies (BICEPS);Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga).
- Mihails Hazans, 2003.
"Determinants of Inter-Regional Migration in the Baltic Countries,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p354, European Regional Science Association.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2003. "Determinants of inter-regional migration in the Baltic countries," ZEI Working Papers B 17-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 2002.
"Gross worker and job flows in a transition economy: an analysis of Estonia,"
Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 601-630, November.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 1999. "Gross worker and job flows in a transition economy : an analysis of Estonia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2082, The World Bank.
- Kertesi, Gabor & Köll?, János, 2003.
"Fighting “Low Equilibria” by Doubling the Minimum Wage? Hungary’s Experiment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
970, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- G??bor Kertei & J??nos K??ll?, 2004. "Fighting ???Low Equilibria??? by Doubling the Minimum Wage ? Hungary???s Experiment," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-644, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Kollo, J. & Fazekas, K., 1990. "Patterns of unemployment in hungary--a case study," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 103-118, June.
- Huber, Peter, 2006. "Regional labor market developments in transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3896, The World Bank.
- Svejnar, Jan, 1999. "Labor markets in the transitional Central and East European economies," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2809-2857 Elsevier.
- Tito Boeri & Katherine Terrell, 2002.
"Institutional Determinants of Labor Reallocation in Transition,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 51-76, Winter.
- Tito Boeri & Katherine Terrell, 2001. "Institutional Determinants of Labor Reallocation in Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 384, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Raul Eamets, 2004. "Labour market flows and adjustment to macroeconomic shocks in the Baltic States," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 47-71.
- Tito Boeri, 1999. "Transition with Labour Supply," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 274, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2005. "Unemployment and the earnings structure in Latvia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3504, The World Bank.
- Charles Kroncke & Kenneth Smith, 1999. "The wage effects of ethnicity in Estonia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(1), pages 179-199, March.
- Catherine Saget, 1999. "The determinants of female labour supply in Hungary," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(3), pages 575-591, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011.
"What explains prevalence of informal employment in European countries : the role of labor institutions, governance, immigrants, and growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5917, The World Bank.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011. "What Explains Prevalence of Informal Employment in European Countries: The Role of Labor Institutions, Governance, Immigrants, and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 5872, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ioannidis, Yiorgos, 2013.
"Η κρυφή ανεργία στην Ελλάδα / Hidden Unemployment in Greece
[Hidden Unemployment in Greece]," MPRA Paper 52120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mihails Hazans & Ija Trapeznikova & Olga Rastrigina, 2008. "Ethnic and parental effects on schooling outcomes before and during the transition: evidence from the Baltic countries," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 719-749, July.
- Kenneth Smith, 2011. "Labor force participation in the Soviet and post-Soviet Baltic States," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 335-355, November.
- Jaan Masso & K. Espenberg & Anu Masso & I. Mierina & Kaia Philips, 2013. "GINI Country Report: Growing Inequalities and their Impacts in the Baltic States Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania," GINI Country Reports baltics, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsLabour supply; discouraged workers; labour market flows; minimum wages; ethnic minorities.;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-07-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2005-07-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2005-07-18 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:0507008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.