Looking for the Workforce: the Elderly, Discouraged Workers, Minorities, and Students in the Baltic Labour Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mihails Hazans, 2007. "Looking for the workforce: the elderly, discouraged workers, minorities, and students in the Baltic labour markets," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(4), pages 319-349, September.
- Mihails Hazans, 2005. "Looking for the Workforce - the Elderly, Discouraged Workers, Minorities, and Students in the Baltic Labour Markets," ERSA conference papers ersa05p344, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Huber & Herbert Brücker & Janos Köllö & Iulia Traistaru & Tomasz Mickiewicz, 2002. "Regional and Labour Market Development in Candidate Countries. A Literature Survey," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 23340, August.
- Rutkowski, Jan, 2003. "Rapid labor reallocation with a stagnant unemployment pool : the puzzle of the labor market in Lithuania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2946, The World Bank.
- Mihails Hazans, 2003. "Potential emigration of Latvian labour force after joining the EU and its impact on Latvian labour market," SSE Riga/BICEPS Research Papers 2003-2, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies (BICEPS);Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga).
- Mihails Hazans, 2003.
"Determinants of Inter-Regional Migration in the Baltic Countries,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p354, European Regional Science Association.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2003. "Determinants of inter-regional migration in the Baltic countries," ZEI Working Papers B 17-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 2002.
"Gross worker and job flows in a transition economy: an analysis of Estonia,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 601-630, November.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 1999. "Gross worker and job flows in a transition economy : an analysis of Estonia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2082, The World Bank.
- Kertesi, Gabor & Köllő, János, 2003.
"Fighting “Low Equilibria” by Doubling the Minimum Wage? Hungary’s Experiment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
970, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- G??bor Kertei & J??nos K??ll?, 2004. "Fighting ???Low Equilibria??? by Doubling the Minimum Wage ? Hungary???s Experiment," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-644, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Tito Boeri, 1999. "Transition with Labour Supply," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 274, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Tito Boeri & Katherine Terrell, 2002.
"Institutional Determinants of Labor Reallocation in Transition,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 51-76, Winter.
- Tito Boeri & Katherine Terrell, 2001. "Institutional Determinants of Labor Reallocation in Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 384, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Kollo, J. & Fazekas, K., 1990. "Patterns of unemployment in hungary--a case study," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 103-118, June.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2005. "Unemployment and the earnings structure in Latvia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3504, The World Bank.
- Charles Kroncke & Kenneth Smith, 1999. "The wage effects of ethnicity in Estonia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(1), pages 179-199, March.
- Huber, Peter, 2006. "Regional labor market developments in transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3896, The World Bank.
- Svejnar, Jan, 1999. "Labor markets in the transitional Central and East European economies," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.),Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2809-2857, Elsevier.
- Raul Eamets, 2004. "Labour market flows and adjustment to macroeconomic shocks in the Baltic States," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 47-71.
- Catherine Saget, 1999. "The determinants of female labour supply in Hungary," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(3), pages 575-591, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mihails Hazans & Ija Trapeznikova & Olga Rastrigina, 2008. "Ethnic and parental effects on schooling outcomes before and during the transition: evidence from the Baltic countries," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 719-749, July.
- Jos Van Ommeren & Mihails Hazans, 2008. "Workers' Valuation of the Remaining Employment Contract Duration," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(297), pages 116-139, February.
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011.
"What Explains Prevalence of Informal Employment in European Countries: The Role of Labor Institutions, Governance, Immigrants, and Growth,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5872, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hazans, Mihails, 2011. "What explains prevalence of informal employment in European countries : the role of labor institutions, governance, immigrants, and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5917, The World Bank.
- Ioannidis, Yiorgos, 2013. "Η κρυφή ανεργία στην Ελλάδα / Hidden Unemployment in Greece [Hidden Unemployment in Greece]," MPRA Paper 52120, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ewa Gałecka-Burdziak & Marek Góra, 2016.
"The impact of easy and early access to old-age benefits on exits from the labour market: a macro-micro analysis,"
IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Ewa Galecka-Burdziak & Marek Góra, 2015. "The impact of easy and early access to old-age benefits on exits from the labour market: a macro-micro analysis," CeRP Working Papers 152, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Kenneth Smith, 2011. "Labor force participation in the Soviet and post-Soviet Baltic States," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 335-355, November.
- Jaan Masso & K. Espenberg & Anu Masso & I. Mierina & Kaia Philips, 2013. "GINI Country Report: Growing Inequalities and their Impacts in the Baltic States Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania," GINI Country Reports baltics, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsLabour supply; discouraged workers; labour market flows; minimum wages; ethnic minorities.;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:0507008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .