After, before and during: returns to education in Hungary (1986-1998)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Campos, Nauro F & Jolliffe, Dean, 2004. "After, Before and During: Returns to Education in Hungary (1986-1998)," CEPR Discussion Papers 4215, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nauro F. Campos & Dean Jolliffe, 2002. "After, Before and During: Returns to Education in the Hungarian Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 475, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Filer, Randall K. & Jurajda, Stepan & Planovsky, Jan, 1999. "Education and wages in the Czech and Slovak Republics during transition," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 581-593, November.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-846, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Orazem, Peter F. & Vodopivec, Milan, 1997. "Value of human capital in transition to market: Evidence from Slovenia," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 893-903, April.
- Tito Boeri & Katherine Terrell, 2002.
"Institutional Determinants of Labor Reallocation in Transition,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 51-76, Winter.
- Tito Boeri & Katherine Terrell, 2001. "Institutional Determinants of Labor Reallocation in Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 384, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Card, David, 1999. "The causal effect of education on earnings," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1801-1863 Elsevier.
- Svejnar, Jan, 1999. "Labor markets in the transitional Central and East European economies," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2809-2857 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andren, Daniela & Earle, John S. & Sapatoru, Dana, 2005.
"The wage effects of schooling under socialism and in transition: Evidence from Romania, 1950-2000,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 300-323, June.
- Daniela Andren & John S. Earle & Dana Sapatoru, "undated". "The Wage Effects of Schooling under Socialism and in Transition: Evidence from Romania, 1950-2000," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles jse20051, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Daniela Andren & John S. Earle & Dana Sapatoru, 2004. "The Wage Effects of Schooling under Socialism and in Transition: Evidence from Romania, 1950-2000," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 04-108, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Kevin Denny & Orla Doyle, 2005. "Returns to basic skills in Central & Eastern Europe : a semi parametric approach," Working Papers 200507, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Lenka Drnakova, 2007. "Determinants of Secondary School Choice in the Czech Republic," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp341, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Chakrabarty, Manisha, 2009.
"Is education the panacea for economic deprivation of Muslims?: Evidence from wage earners in India, 1987-2005,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 137-149, March.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Chakrabarty, Manisha, 2007. "Is Education the Panacea for Economic Deprivation of Muslims? Evidence from Wage Earners in India, 1987–2005," IZA Discussion Papers 3232, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:30:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1057_s41287-017-0080-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tinh Doan & Tran Quang Tuyen & Hien Nguyen, 2018. "Local Competitiveness and Labour Market Returns in a Transition Economy: Evidence from Vietnam," Working Papers in Economics 18/06, University of Waikato.
- Kevin Denny & Orla Doyle, 2010. "Returns to basic skills in central and eastern Europe," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(1), pages 183-208, January.
- Cui, Yuling & Nahm, Daehoon & Tani, Massimiliano, 2013. "Earnings Differentials and Returns to Education in China, 1995-2008," IZA Discussion Papers 7349, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Searing, Elizabeth A.M. & Rios-Avila, Fernando & Lecy, Jesse D., 2013. "The impact of psychological trauma on wages in post-conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 165-173.
- Lili Kang & Fei Peng, 2012.
"A selection analysis of returns to education in China,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 535-554, March.
- Kang, Lili & Peng, Fei, 2011. "A selection analysis on education returns in China," MPRA Paper 38704, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anita V. Staneva & Hany Abdel-Latif, 2016.
"From Soviet to Europe: Returns to Education Puzzle in Bulgaria,"
CEIS, vol. 30(3), pages 347-367, September.
- Anita Staneva & Hany Andel-Latif, 2015. "From Soviet to Europe: Returns to education puzzle in Bulgaria," Working Papers 2015-06, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Józef Dziechciarz, 2015. "Measurement of Rate of Return in Education. Research Directions," Proceedings of FIKUSZ 2015,in: Jolán Velencei (ed.), Proceedings of FIKUSZ '15, pages 39-56 Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Tinh Doan & Quan Le & Tuyen Quang Tran, 2018.
"Lost in Transition? Declining Returns to Education in Vietnam,"
The European Journal of Development Research,
Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(2), pages 195-216, April.
- Tinh Doan & Tran Quang Tuyen & Le Quan, 2016. "Lost in Transition? Declining Returns to Education in Vietnam," Working Papers in Economics 16/01, University of Waikato.
- Martina Mysikova & Jiri Vecernik, 2015. "Returns to education in transition and advanced European countries: The role of an expansion of higher education," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 10,in: Marta Rahona López & Jennifer Graves (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 10, edition 1, volume 10, chapter 44, pages 865-886 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Joanna Tyrowicz & Lucas van der Velde, 2017. "When the opportunity knocks: large structural shocks and gender wage gaps," GRAPE Working Papers 2, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
More about this item
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecosys:v:27:y:2003:i:4:p:377-390. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/osteide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.