Too Big to Fail: The Transatlantic Debate
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Focarelli, Dario & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2001. "The patterns of cross-border bank mergers and shareholdings in OECD countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2305-2337, December.
- Laeven, Luc & Levine, Ross, 2007.
"Is there a diversification discount in financial conglomerates?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 331-367, August.
- Laeven, Luc & Levine, Ross, 2005. "Is There a Diversification Discount in Financial Conglomerates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5121, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2005. "Is There a Diversification Discount in Financial Conglomerates?," NBER Working Papers 11499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wim Fonteyne, 2007. "Cooperative Banks in Europe—Policy Issues," IMF Working Papers 07/159, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2014.
"This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(2), pages 1065-1188, November.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," CEMA Working Papers 595, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 13882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pozsar, Zoltan & Adrian, Tobias & Ashcraft, Adam B. & Boesky, Hayley, 2013.
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 1-16.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. "This Time It’s Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly-Preface," MPRA Paper 17451, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Morris Goldstein, 2010. "Confronting Asset Bubbles, Too Big to Fail, and Beggar-thy-Neighbor Exchange Rate Policies," Policy Briefs PB10-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2003. "Bank Concentration and Crises," NBER Working Papers 9921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandro Giustiniani & Wim Fonteyne & Wouter Bossu & Alessandro Gullo & Seán Kerr & Daniel C Hardy & Luis Cortavarria-Checkley, 2010. "Crisis Management and Resolution for a European Banking System," IMF Working Papers 10/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Xavier Vives, 2011. "Competition policy in banking," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 479-497.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2009. "Are U.S. banks too large?," Working Papers 2009-054, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- James B. Thomson, 2009. "On systemically important financial institutions and progressive systemic mitigation," Policy Discussion Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug.
- Amel, Dean & Barnes, Colleen & Panetta, Fabio & Salleo, Carmelo, 2004. "Consolidation and efficiency in the financial sector: A review of the international evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 2493-2519, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rachel A. Epstein, 2014. "Assets or liabilities? The politics of bank ownership," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 765-789, August.
- Arnould, Guillaume & Dehmej, Salim, 2016.
"Is the European banking system robust? An evaluation through the lens of the ECB׳s Comprehensive Assessment,"
Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 126-144.
- Guillaume Arnould & Salim Dehmej, 2016. "Is the European banking system robust? An evaluation through the lens of the ECB?s Comprehensive Assessment," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 147, pages 126-144.
- Ceyla Pazarbasioglu & Luc Laeven & Oana M Croitoru & Stijn Claessens & Fabian Valencia & Marc Dobler & Katharine Seal, 2011. "Crisis Management and Resolution; Early Lessons from the Financial Crisis," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 11/05, International Monetary Fund.
- Bertay, Ata Can & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2013.
"Do we need big banks? Evidence on performance, strategy and market discipline,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 532-558.
- Demirgüc-Kunt, A. & Huizinga, H.P., 2011. "Do We need Big Banks? Evidence on Performance, Strategy and Market Discipline," Discussion Paper 2011-021, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2011. "Do we need big banks? Evidence on performance, strategy and market discipline," CEPR Discussion Papers 8276, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Demirguc-Kunt , Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2011. "Do we need big banks ? evidence on performance, strategy and market discipline," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5576, The World Bank.
- Rachel A. Epstein & Martin Rhodes, 2014. "Banking Nationalism on the Road to Banking Union," KFG Working Papers p0061, Free University Berlin.
- Zlatuse Komarkova & Vaclav Hausenblas & Jan Frait, 2012. "How To Identify Systemically Important Financial Institutions," Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes,in: CNB Financial Stability Report 2011/2012, chapter 0, pages 100-111 Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Fariborz Moshirian, 2014. "Implications of global financial and regulatory policies on systemic risk in Asia," Chapters,in: Global Shock, Risks, and Asian Financial Reform, chapter 8, pages 284-332 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dijkman,Miquel, 2015. "Monitoring financial stability in developing and emerging economies : practical guidance for conducting macroprudential analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7248, The World Bank.
- Giuseppe Mastromatteo & Giuseppe Mastromatteo, 2016. "Minsky at Basel: A Global Cap to Build an Effective Postcrisis Banking Supervision Framework," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_875, Levy Economics Institute.
- Teh Tian Huey & Daniel Chin Shen Li, 2017. "Measuring bank risk-taking behaviour: the risk-taking channel of monetary policy in Malaysia," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Statistical implications of the new financial landscape, volume 43 Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
Keywordsbanks; comparative political economy; financial regulation; microprudential policy; too-big-to-fail;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:wpaper:wp11-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iieeeus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.